1966 MUSTANG - BEAUTFIULLY RESTORED - RECENT "HONEY GOLD" PAINT & PONY INTERIOR
Price: US $9,400.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: with "Pony" Trim
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 Door Hardtop
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 90,367
- VIN: 6R07T181093
- Color: Honey Gold
- Engine size: 200c.i.
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Rwd
- Interior color: Ivy Gold & White "Pony"
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang with "Pony" Trim
Exceptional 1966 Mustang!
1966 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Lovely Original, ell Maintained "Survivor"
Finished in Honey Gold & Desirable Ivy Gold / White Pony Interior
California Production, ust Free Example -
Recent Cosmetic & Mechanical Updates
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also provide some history of the make & model, along with considerations relative to investing in a classic car and facts about Classic Cars Ltd. However, e continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, f you are not prepared to read the full listing, lease read the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, lease call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Mustang and answer any questions over the telephone, ncluding our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, the Mustang can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, NGINE, NDERCARRIAGE, TC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE 100~ PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MUSTANG, UT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, OU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, LEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MUSTANG. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP" OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, nlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, ou will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 21+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with nearly 850 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, uitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, onded (for the financial transaction), ully insured, nd operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, nd specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, lease let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, res.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 1966 FORD MUSTANG
This 1966 Ford Mustang could certainly be classified by some as a "Survivor." While the Mustang has had recent cosmetic improvements, t remains a beautiful, otally stock car that is free from the numerous modifications and changes so often seen on the early, irst generation Mustangs. Frankly, e find it refreshing to see an example of the desirable Mustang coupe that remains n virtually stock condition.
As an excellent, eliable example of a 1966 Mustang hardtop, his Mustang coupe represents a totally reliable car that can be used as a daily driver, cruiser" on the weekends and shown at local car gatherings and club events.
Highlights of the Mustang include:
- Very straight West Coast car manufactured in California
- Free from rust and body damage - striking newer paint
- Numbers correct factory engine
- Matching numbers automatic transmission
- Power steering
- Totally stock engine bay / engine (Rebuilt)
- Stock wheels with new whitewall tires
- Factory correct, tock full hubcaps
- Battery replaced
- Factory correct spare and trunk mat
- Excellent (seats recently re-done) stock color Pony interior
- Factory stock center console
- Factory stock AM radio (works great)
* Includes receipts for mechanical repairs and cosmetic enhancements (paint, nterior and mechanical upgrades).
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 1966 FORD MUSTANG
This 1966 Ford Mustang came out of the nearby (30~ miles from our showroom) Ford manufacturing plan in 1966. The car has spent its entire life on the West coast with a reported 3 previous owners (with one family owning for a number of years) during its 50~ year life (difficult to believe, ut true!). Most recently, he car was owned by an elderly couple who were the cars "caregiver" for over 7 years. During that time, hey invested a considerable sum to not only maintain the car from a mechanical perspective, ut also bring it back to its former glory with shiny, igh quality paint, ew seats, arpet and other interior panels and other work (more on that later). Reportedly, ver $10,000.00 was invested in just the cosmetic upgrades including paint, nterior and other work.
The clear California title is, f course, ree from any liens or encumbrances. For California buyers, he car is registered until April 10, 016 so no license fees are due at this time.
The Mustang is a matching numbers "survivor" car without body modifications and virtually no performance modification or changes. The VIN number located on the front left fender matches the # on the driver's side door and the engine, hile rebuilt, s the original factory issued unit. It is a wonderful car to drive and turns heads wherever we go.
When the car was purchased by the current mature owner in the 2008 time frame it was basically all original. His intent was to completely re-do the car for his daughter to drive. As a result, is goal was to make the car not only very attractive but, erhaps most important, nsure that the Mustang was reliable and safe. Over the course of several years, e had mechanical work completed as necessary and installed front and rear seat belts for safety. He also upgraded / maintained the cars cooling system, ower steering unit, raking system and other miscellaneous items including new tires.
The Mustang carries a VIN# of 6R07T181093 (matching on the inner front fender and driver's side door). It decodes as follows:
6 / R / 07 / T / 181093
6 = 1966 (Year)
R = San Jose, A (Production Plant)
07 = Hardtop (Body Style)
T = 200 cubic inch (Engine Size)
181093 (Sequential Production Number)
MAINTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENTS
Considerable maintenance and mechanical upgrades were performed by previous owners and, ost recently, he owner of the Mustang did some additional "freshening" to bring it to a higher level.
A summary of the cars mechanical and cosmetic condition is as follows:
- Factory "numbers matching" engine
- Factory automatic transmission
- Power steering
- Factory Pony interior Mustang
- Recent "top-end" rebuild (Runs great!)
- Full size spare tire and jack in trunk
- New tires (