1993 Mustang Cobra 5.0 V8 Manual SVT Hatchback
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Cobra
- Doors: 2 Doors
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 115,000
- VIN: 1FACP42D5PF142163
- Color: Black
- Engine size: V-8 cyl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra
First off please know that I've done the best I can to accurately describe this beautiful Cobra. I have excellent feedback and have been an Ebay User / Seller for nearly 20 years now on the same account.
If there are any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. I make no other representations nor warranties and car is sold as is. I welcome any buyer to complete their own inspection to satisfy any concerns or questions you may.
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra. Number 2116 of 4993 Cobra's built. One of 1079 builtwith Black on Gray Leather interior. I purchased this Cobra in 2013 and honestly have been so wrapped in other projects I just haven't had time to enjoy it like I should. I literally have driven this car less than 400 miles since I bought it and it sits in a heated garage. My wife has a 91LX and we drive that most of the time since she likes Titanium Frost color better. Cobra has 115k miles on the body and has been well maintained it whole life and stored in a Garage. I've never had any problems with it and it's a great car. Car had a repaint/touchup at some point in its history and doesnâ€™t have any rust except a small amount of minor surface rust underneath. Nothing major and no noticeable spots where rust has eaten through or weakened any of the metal or caused damage that I can see.
Trunk, Floorboards, Sunroof, Shock towers, Door jams, torque boxes etc all look great.
I donâ€™t see any major body work / filler anywhere and I didnâ€™t find any accident history or signs of any damage anywhere. Heat / AC and all electronics work as they should.
On a scale of 1-10, I'd say the car is probably a 7.5-8. Paint isn't perfect but it's nice with some small scratches and chips here and there, but overall in good shape. I think it could use a wet sand and buff at some point would really make it super nice.
Interior is nice, but itâ€™s a 24yr old car and has some normal rattles and some of the plastics are faded a bit in spots, especially the hatch retractable cover, that almost looks blue its faded so much from the sun, but thatâ€™s an easy swap / dye if it really bugs you. Car never had any window tint either. Overall I'm just knit picking here honestly to give an honest feedback.
Yes, the car isn't all 100% original, but it's not a hack job and makes a nice daily or weekend cruiser and it gets lots of attention whenever I drive it. Most original tags are intact but a couple are missing, not sure why, specifically hood and fender. I had the car checked out when I bought it and they found No structural damage or signs of any accident and the metal looks factory so I'm not sure why they are missing unless removed when painted.
I have the SVT certificate and Car has a clean title in my name ready to transfer.
Car was Dyno'd at 279rwhp 308tq
FYI - there is a small discrepancy on the Carfax mileage. Previous owner accidently reported 149,017 miles for registration when the odometer actually stated 14901.7 on the odometer rollover. He assured me that there was no tampering and the following day he did pass an emissions test and they reported 15,019 as seen on the Carfax. No the issues / discrepancies ever reported.
This car is for sale locally and seller has the ability to end auction early if sold. Feel free to ask questions and thanks for looking.
Below are the upgrades:
Engine and trans we're refreshed at some point prior to me and there is some visual evidence of that from gaskets etc. I've put less than 400 miles on the car since I bought it and there is no leaks, knocks, squeaks etc that I've noticed.
- 5 lug conversion with new axels, seals etc
- 4:10 gears and rebuilt rear-end
- New 5 lug Chrome Cobra rims
- New 275/40/17 Nitto NT555 G2 in rear and slightly used 245/45/17 Up front
- 2003 Terminator Cobra Brake conversion - all hardware, lines, etc
- New Cross drilled / slotted Rotors and Pads - Complete Fluid Flush
- 2003 Terminator Cobra Steering Rack and Pinion - Much Tighter / responsive feel over stock.
- Maxim Motorsports Steering Shaft adapter and Offset bushings.
- MM Lower control arms and new bushings
- MM Caster / Camber Plates
- New tie rods ends / bushings etc
- New Heavy Duty RAM clutch 10.5 inch
- Ford RacingSteelFlywheel
- New Clutch cable, Firewall adjuster, and Steeda Clutch Quadrant
- Short Throw shifter and Aftermarket Shift knob and Boot.
- BBK Shorty Headers and Full Stainless exhaust
- Aluminum Heads - Unknown Maker
- E303 Camshaft with new springs, roller lifters, and retainers
- BBK lowering springs
- KYB shocks and Struts
- Pro 5.0 shifter and new trans mount
- Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft
- Kenwood stereo w/Bluetooth
- Upgraded radiator to 3 vs. 2 core (copper) - runs cool
- BBK CAI
If I was going to keep it, I'd probably detail the undercarriage as it's kind of dirty / dusty. I'd also find a good mechanic to tune it a little better, the idle does blip when it's cold and I think maybe the MAF needs cleaning or TPS needs adjustment or something. Always starts and runs, just could be a tad better on the cold side, Warmed up its not an issue and runs great, pulls hard, shifts good, and clutch grabs nicely. Steering is quick and tight and car feels solid.
If you want a perfect Cobra there are some with super low miles on Ebay too. I think I saw two recently for $28k -35k. This one is a 7.5-8 so there are probably some things that can be done to make it more presentable. However, when she's shined up on a sunny day it turns heads. It always starts, runs cool, and hasn't left me stranded. I've done the best I can to describe it and would prefer a local buyer who will come see it and give it a test drive.