Bronco, Classic bronco, early bronco, suv, restored,
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- SubModel: sport
- Type: SUV
- Trim: sport
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 46,000
- VIN: u15glt30924
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 302
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic (C4)
- Interior color: White/black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford Bronco sport
Restored and currentlya daily driver. A TON of work has been done to this bronco. I bought it a year and a half ago at an estate sale from the original owner. It had been sitting in a barn in north Minneapolis since 1980 and boy was it rough. But not anymore!
There is a long list of things that have been replaced and or repaired.
- Just over 5000 miles on the rebuilt 302 with all new engine accessories (water pump, alternator, power steering pump, radiator).
- Themechanical distributor points and condenserand coil were all replaced.
- Original motorcraft 2150 carb was rebuilt.
- Rebuilt steering box.
- 3.5 inch wild horses suspension lift.
- Original drum brakes with all new brake hydraulics and hardware.
- Replaced allfloors, both rocker panels, both kick panels, both rear quarter panel, all 4 door pillars, both rear corner taillight housings, the drivers door and mirror, the passenger front fender, and the tailgate.
- It has a new fullcarpet kit from Bronco Graveyard
- New front seat upholstery
- New door seals
- New rear fuel tank and sending unit
- New wiper arms
- New mufflers and tailpipe
- Fiberglass fender flares
- New white rampage soft top and frame
- New steering wheel
There are also many 3D printed custom parts thatmake this bronco truly one of a kind. And they are high quality ABS plastic so they won't corrode.
- Arm rests
- Door panel inserts
- Door handle cups
- Full custom console with integrated heater vents and cup holders!
- Forward styling bar attachments
- All 4 corner lights
- Headlight bezels
- Exterior body moldings and emblems
The 4x4 works perfectly and the manual lockouts were replaced at some point with superwinch brand which work perfectly. It has the original C4 automatic transmission and Dana 20 transfer case with the J style shifter
It has a circulating block heater which really works great up here in Minnesota.
The frame and underbodyhave been coated with POR 15 everywhere that could be reached with the body still attached.
The new exterior panels were sealed and primed. I ran out of time to finish all the body work and paint before winter, so It has a 3 month old plasti-dip paint job/coating to protect it from the harsh Minnesota road conditions. It is flat classic muscle flame red which is almost exactly the original color. It can be easily peeled when the body work resumes, or leave it on as a protective coating. I intentionally left the dashboard original to keep a little bit of the history from the original owner.
This bronco is truly one of a kind and incredibly fun to drive. Every single time I drive it I get head nods, waves, thumbs up, and silly grins from people on the road.It drives great and I would drive it anywhere. The exhaust is quiet! (my preference for daily driving)It was restored to be a daily driver and for the occasional off road adventure. I have pictures of the entire restoration process from day 1 on the trailer.
It could use some wheels and tires. It currently has 3 - 30x9.5x15BFG mud terrains and one miss matched no name on the front. They are still good but are definitely on my list for an upgrade. The rims were a bit rusty so I brush painted them with por15 just to cover them.
The front frame was extended about 6 inches for the plow that was installed. I like the look so I left it that way and just made a coverforthe frame rails. (similar to jeeps except is says bronco) The front bumper was angled back outboard of the frame rails which I also liked, so it remained that way.
It is 42 years old so of course it is sold as-is. I reserve the right to end the auction early as the vehicle is also listed locally.
I am willing to work with buyer on some sort of delivery/shipping arrangements depending on thedestination.