1988 Ford Mustang T-Top 342 Stroker Hatchback
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: LX
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: LX Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 50
- VIN: 1FABP41A5JF138270
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 5.3 342 cubic. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Interior has been gutted for drag strip prep
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback 2-Door
CAR MUST GO!
This car started as an LX 4 cylinder to 8 Cylinder conversion for Streep/Strip.
This car hes been Garage kept.
I have kept ALL the receipts and documentation of everything modified in and on this vehicle.
Clear Title. NOT A SALVAGE TITLE! NO RUST!
Here is an almost complete list of most everything done to the car from day 1:
- Brand new Production 5.0 Engine block casing from Ford Racing
- The engine is fitted with a PROBE racing 347 stroker street fighter internal rotating assembly. Forged Pistons with H beam rods.
- 3.4" stroke Crankshaft
- 7 quart Moroso Oil Pan
- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- Full ARP studs in Cylinder heads, Crank studs with Reinforced Stud Girdle,
- Comp Cams Camshaft with 5.65 lift intake and 5.75 lift exhaust
- Ford Racing Hydraulic Lifters
- 1.7 Ratio Full Rocker Aluminum Rocker arms
- Dual Comp Cams Springs.
- Cast Iron GT Cylinder heads ported, polished with larger valves (I dont remember the specs) higher compression ratio.
- Aluminum Edelbrock Victor Jr Raised Plenum Intake
- Carburetor Spacer 1.75"
- 750 cfm Proform Carburetor Race Series Mechanical Secondaries 4 barrel double pump
- Complete MSD Ignition
- Brand new Fuel Line with Fuel Pump and pressure regulator/Gauge
- T5 Transmission with Brand New RAM Clutch and Flywheel
- Relocated Drag Race Fuel Cell and Battery to rear. Custom Fuel Cell Installation.
- Completely gutted interior with 2 Racing Bucket seats with 5 point harnesses
- Complete Autometer gauges includes 5" tachometer, Water temperature, Oil pressure, and voltage.
- Custom electrical switch board for Ignition, Fuel, Cooling Fans, Headlights and one extra free
- Short throw Pro 5.0 shifter
- 3" Aluminum Driveshaft (don't recall manufacturer)
- Center Line Rims skinnies in front with BRAND NEW NITTO 555R Drag Radials in Rear
- Long Tube Hooker headers into 3" collector, into H pipe out through Flow Master American Thunder 2 Chamber Exhaust.
- Brand New headlights and Windshield.
- Original LX Rear Tail Lights. Clean no sun damage.
- Moroso Electrical Mechanical Safety Cut Off Switch Installed and mounted in rear.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Here is a small list of what it needs to be "complete":
This a 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder upgrade.
- Needs an upgraded radiator(still has 4 cylinder radiator).
- Needs shifter boot(never got around to it).
- Needs passenger side window rewiring(only if you want a passenger).
- Passenger 5 point harness is included but needs to be bolted in(I never was planning on passengers haha).
- Needs complete weather stripping for doors, t-tops and hatch(Garage kept so it wasn't a priority). Needs new hood, I one day forgot toe clip the hood down and the wind whipped it up and bent the rails.
- Needs rear hydraulic hatch strong arms(to keep hatch up).
- Needs new right Passenger side Rear View casing
- Needs new handles and locks for both doors.