1967 Ford Mustang Fastback 289 4-Speed Acapulco Blue & Deluxe Int. Non-Original
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: Base Fastback 2-Door
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 89,605
- VIN: 7T02C150168
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 4.7L 4727CC 289Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Power Brakes
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Upper Console, Fold Down Rear Seat, Spare Tire, Styled Steel Wheels, Dual Exhaust, Hurst Shifter
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Ford Mustang Base Fastback 2-Door
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback - 289 4-Speed Acapulco Blue, Deluxe Interior
Serial Number - 7T02C150168
Miles - 89,602 (title stamped "EL" - mileage in excess of mechanical limits)
*It is NOT numbers matching and the car is NOT original as it has a different motor, transmission, exterior paint, and the color/style of the interior was changed.*
Payment/Pickup: Vehicle is only available for local pickup. Third party inspections are welcome at a business location within a reasonable distance. Payment is by cash only issued at a local bank branch.
Title: Car is currently financed, title is held by a credit union and is being listed with their permission. After balance is paid, extra time is needed to secure the title and transfer it to the buyer/new owner. A Bill of Sale will be used for the purchase of this vehicle.
Photos: Please see our Photobucket Album for more photos
- Acapulco Blue
- Reverse Scoop hood with turn signal lights
- Car trim moldings and emblems intact - some pitting and discoloration
- 289 from a '67 coupe has approx. 35,000 miles on it
- Edelbrock Performer intake and 4-barrel carb
- Pertronix Flamethrower HEI Distributor
- Cylinder Heads Replaced as well as Comp Cam and Lifters package installed at 74,000 miles
- 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- Clutch Set and Flywheel Resurface has approx. 20,000 miles on it
- Hurst Shifter
- Styled Steel Wheels plus a 5th spare tire
- BFGoodrich Radial T/A Tires
- Factory Power Steering
- Factory Power Brakes
- Factory Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- Black Deluxe Vinyl Interior
- Brushed Aluminum trim
- Overhead Console with Map Lights
- Folddown rear seat
- Woodgrain Steering Wheel
- LED Brake Lights
- Aftermarket In-Dash Stereo
- Sony Xplod 4.5s Kick Panel Speakers
- Kenwood 6x9s installed in the rear trap door
- Car cover and bag, plus spare tire bag in the trunk
This is a running and driving Fastback with less than 4,500 miles on it over the last 5 years. It has been garage kept since my ownership in 2011 and the prior owner stated they also kept it in the garage since 2009. There is also repair paperwork and parts invoices dating back to 2009 from both the current and prior owner, which has been neatly compiled into a binder for review. I purchased it to drive and enjoy but with the lack of time and miles I've been able to put on it over the past couple of years, it's time for someone else to enjoy it. With the understanding that it is not a perfect car and in "Fair" condition (good operating condition but lacks originality with has rust and other previous amateur body repairs), the next owner should feel comfortable driving this vehicle until the time comes in the future for a more thorough and proper restoration.
Car had a previous amateur restoration that did not fully address nor remove the rust in the frame rails, floor pans, and other notorious spots on Mustangs. They also laid a floor pan over existing areas that were not repaired correctly; for example the car does NOT have rear seatbelts and the previous mounting holes were covered so they will have to be re-drilled if you want to accommodate 4 passengers. In addition, the front steering was not installed correctly with the rust repairs done to the rails, and while it drives fine, tight parking spaces are an issue when pulled into from the right. Finally, it had been hit in the rear while exiting a parking lot; those repairs were completed in March 2012 with documentation regarding what was repaired or replaced.
Non-Functioning or Small repairs needed:
- Instrument panel doesn't illuminate for night driving.
- The instrument panel clock is inoperable.
- The horn does not work.
- Bucket seat tracks don't slide, when they do it's tough to adjust them.
- Rear seat belts are not installed; needs mounting holes.
- Heater blower motor runs slowly and might need to be replaced.
- The Hurst Shifter is stripped just below the shifter knob.
- Front grille and fog lights have fitment issues and squeaks.
- As the washer fluid foot pedal is no longer intact, the windshield wiper fluid reservoir was removed.
- Rear quarter trim corner is missing the interior molding on both sides.