1963 Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon - Galaxie Wagon
Price: US $16,000.00 Item location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- SubModel: Station Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 48,003
- VIN: 3J72C183120
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 289 2V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Ford OtherThis station wagon is a great example of an essentially rust-free vehicle that has been a New Mexico registered vehicle for most if not all of its life since it was produced. Our shop aquired this wagon from a private seller who purchased it from an individual that had not registered the vehicle since the mid 1990's due to a mechanical issue. If additional information is needed beyond what is listed below, please contact us at (505) 345-9483.
The wagon's drive line includes a 2 barrel 289 V8, three speed transmission with column shifter, and a 9" inch rear differential. It is a legitimate accident free and all original sheet metal wagon that is in exceptional condition due to the dry climate in New Mexico. This is not a consignment sale as we own all of our vehicles and possess a clear New Mexico title.
After the vehicle arrived at our shop, the mechanical aspects of the wagon were addressed from front to back, to include, but not limited to, the following items that were repaired/replaced/serviced:
1) Flushed fuel system and rebuilt the carburetor, installed new fuel pump with filter, fabricated new fuel line from the pump to the carburetor, and installed a new fuel sending unit.
2) Rebuilt the front suspension and replaced worn steering components. Added a lower control arm custom adjustable strut to improve handling. Lowered the front suspension by 1.5 inches.
3) Replaced the generator as well as regulator and charging system wiring harness.
4) Replaced all engine belts, hoses and rebuilt the original radiator. Upgraded the water pump fan with a stainless flex fan.
5) Installed an electronic ignition system distributor and installed new wiring.
6) Installed a rebuilt 3 speed transmission and complete clutch assembly. Installed a new balanced driveshaft. Resurfaced the flywheel.
7) Installed a new oil pump and oil pan gasket to ensure proper engine lubrication.
8) Upgraded to a new power disc brake conversion unit with drilled and slotted rotors. Rebuilt the rear brake system and replaced all brake hoses.
9) Fabricated custom headers and installed dual exhaust with h-pipe and Flowmaster style mufflers.
10) New custom two tone paint, including painting door jambs, under hood and tailgate jambs. All interior trim pieces were repainted and seats were custom upholstered. New carpet and related trim were refinished. Custom wood steering wheel with billet hub.
11) Replaced door weatherstripping, vent seals and window felts.
12) New custom wheels and tires.
13) Re-plated front and rear bumpers.
14) Extensive detail work that makes this mild resto-mod a real eye catcher whether you are cruising or going to the store for groceries.
Additional items that were also replaced or restored, which have not been listed, can be provided in detail to the buyer. The vehicle is stored indoors in a climate controlled facility.
The "buy it now" price for this vehicle is $16,000 given the huge amount of work that has gone into the project, its excellent condition, and that it's a unique, ready to drive cruiser. The odometer reads 48,003 miles and given the condition of the vehicle when we purchased it, and the fact it was parked for so long, we are unsure if this is the actual mileage or if it is 148,003. This is a one of a kind exceptionally clean vehicle with outstanding detail work, which would be a great business vehicle that makes a statement about how cars were made back in the day. If you would like to fly in and check out this wagon in person, or have a buying service agent inspect the vehicle, we would be pleased to arrange an appointment to view the vehicle. You will not be disappointed. If you have any questions concerning this vehicle, please reply to this eBay listing or call (505) 345-9483.
We reserve the right to end this listing at any time, as the car is for sale locally. Please DO NOT submit an offer unless you are a serious buyer.
Buyer is responsible for shipping, as well as, any applicable taxes and/or title fees. A $2,000 deposit by PayPal is expected within 48 hours of auction end. Full payment is expected within 7 days of auction end.