FORD Econline Falcon Van
Price: US $3,250.00 Item location: Campbell, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: E-Series Van
- SubModel: Falcon Club
- Trim: Falcon Club Wagon
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 81,383
- VIN: E13TH490307
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 170ci 6 cyl
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Ford E-Series Van Falcon Club Wagon1964 FALCON DELUXE CLUB WAGON
- 15 Window Club Van
- built in January of 1964
- 6 cylinder 101 horsepower (standard on Deluxe Club Wagon version)
- 3 speed manual transmission
- Deluxe Club Wagon color code 'E' = Viking Blue only
- rear axle = 3:50 gearing
- D.S.O 72 - original San Jose, California Van
- 2 rear bench seats
- spare tire
- factory ash trays
- cigar lighter
- Club Wagon interior
- 4 hinged 'pop out' Safari style windows on pass/driver sides
- wheel covers
- sun Visors
- heater / vents
- whitewall Radial tires H714 ~ 185/80/R13
I'm selling my Van ; (
The Falcon Van is really fun to drive, turning radius is amazing, turns on a dime. Everywhere you go people give you a thumbs up!
So the exterior body is in pretty good shape. I believe there are 2 through rust spots near the driver side rear wheel well (see pics) and then there is surface rust here and there on scratched or thin paint surfaces. You can actually see on the front driver side wheel well fender where the paint has come off and you can actually see the panel factory part #'s.
As for rust anywhere else, the underside is clean, rockers are clean, front floor panels did have a floor patch from the previous owner so I am not to sure how extensive it was? Door jambs and floor steps are all solid with small spots of surface rust. The drivers door opens and closes perfect, the passenger door has a tiny bit of hinge play derived from the pin but they both open and close solid. Passenger barn side doors open and close nicely with squareness and no hinge play or rust. Inside the doors you can hear a little rattle from the latch rods.
Rear doors also open clean and square with no hinge play or rust and they have latch rod rattle as well. At the base of the rear floor to the Left and Right you can see some light rust but no holes or structural, just surface (see pics). The front end was never in big accident but at one point in its life it did bump into something putting those small dents on the front end near the F O R D (see pics).
Motor starts right up, idles and runs smooth. The van drives nice and straight and the steering is very easy. There is a small exhaust leak which I was told could be the 'exhaust donut' but never got around to fixing it. I put new fuel lines and filler neck tubes on the rear gas tank ports. Tires are in great shape, they seem to have a very slow leak, I have to top them off with correct air pressure every 6 months but drive very well and have very good tread. Most window seals are in good shape but some of them around the van have some cracks in them.
- Engine starts right up every time, idles smoothly
- Transmission on the column shifts smooth and nice, I think there was a new clutch put in by the previous owner?
- Head Lights / Hi-Beams / Turn Signals / Brake Lights all work
- Dash Lights / Fuel Gauge / Temp Gauge / Signal arrow lights all work
- Heater Blower / Wipers / Courtesy Light / Dash Lights all work
- Horn doesn't work but the original steering wheel and horn ring are still there and in nice vintage shape
- I think the Van still has the original exhaust?
- Suspension and drive train both operate and function smooth
- Not sure if they are original but has 2 little mud flaps that appear stock?
- Original front and rear bumpers in pretty good shape, front bumper still has license plate mount.
- Newer starter solenoid and regulator
- Pertronix electronic points
- Original 'CarLite' glass on all 14 side/rear glass
- Front windshield seems to of been replaced along time ago and has a vintage 'SafeLite' glass up front?
- Appears that it had a headliner in it before but nothing there now
- Has 2 dome lights but only the front one works
- Has most of the factory FoMoCo seat belts but missing a few
Well other then all that, I think the Van is very cool, very fun to drive and I think pretty rare for I've never seen one like this driving around town or anywhere else for that matter.
I am hoping to find a good home for the Van, it can be kept the patina that it is and enjoy, or take it a few steps further and make it really really nice!
I hope my pictures and word descriptions describe the Van the best they can but please ask any questions and or request any pictures if you have any concern or interest in something I didn't photo or mention.
Happy Bidding : ]