1953 Ford F100 Pickup (Daily Driver) (Excellent Condition)
Price: - Item location: Glendale, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 112,000
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: Pontiac 400 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: GM 400 Turbo
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Ford F-100Selling our 1953 Ford F100 Pickup Truck.
$500 non refundable deposit through PayPal due within 24 hours of winning bid. Will only accept cash or cashiers for balance within 7 days of sale date. Do not bid if you cannot pay, I will NOT refund your $500 deposit if you do not pay the balance within 7 days. Also, truck will NOT be released until cashiers check clears your account-- with some banks this can take UP TO 14 business days!
Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and must arrange their own shipping. I am handicapped and CANNOT assist with shipping in any way.
This truck has been in our family for at least 40 years (maybe more). We are not auto mechanics. **please verify all of this AD info on your own, you are welcome to have someone come inspect the vehicle at our home and at YOUR cost to verify anything in our ad**
**PLEASE READ ENTIRE AD BEFORE YOU CONTACT ME*** DO NOT WASTE MY TIME
Truck has a Pontiac 400 engine and an AUTOMATIC 400 Turbo Transmission out of a 1967 Pontiac. We believe the motor, transmission, rear end, and frame are out of a 1967 Pontiac Firebird or GTO but we aren't 100% sure. All of the date codes we found were from January 1967. Engine (heads, manifold, block) and transmission are all numbers matching out of a 1967 Pontiac.
Truck has been a daily driver for all of its life and has been very well taken care of. Truck runs great.
We inherited the truck from an uncle who had it for 30 years so we do not know everything about it except from what we heard from other family members. Truck was originally built in Michigan but has been in California and Arizona for approximately 50 years or more. We have been driving it every day for the past few months.
Please call 623-332-9867 with any questions.
Items that have been replaced are:
(1) Upholstery looks brand new (there is an extremely small blemish on one of the door panels about the size of a pencil lead)
(2) High Performance Starter
(3) All NEW rubber hoses including vacuum lines, fuel lines, radiator hoses, carb gasket, all new power steering lines
(4) New high end aluminum timing cover made by Kauffman (it is the factory correct timing cover with a brand new HIGH-Flow water pump from Flow Kooler (water pump dividers have had the pump vane clearance modified for improved flow and cooling), new stainless steel water pump dividers. All bolts for water pump and timing cover are also brand new. Truck runs at a solid 195 degrees here in the Arizona summer when it routinely reaches 120 degrees in the shade!
(5) Radiator has been rodded out and re-cored
(6) new spark plugs
(7) custom installed radiator overflow tank made out of a real moonshine bottle
(8) new thermostat
(9) new radiator pressure release cap
(10) differential has new had fluid changed and a new gasket
(11) rear main rope seal just replaced by our mechanic
(12) new transmission cooler lines
(13) new fan
(14) interior of truck was recently painted gloss black and looks beautiful
(15) new fuel pump
(16) new tachometer
(17) new temp gauge
(18) new fuel gauge
(19) steering gear box has been re-sealed
(20) new power steering pump and new power steering lines
(21) expensive Locar shifter (automatic trans) bought at Speedway Motors for over $300
(22) Halogen Headlights
(23) new motor mounts
(24) transmission pan gasket & filter/ fluid just changed
(25) new valve cover gaskets
400 Pontiac Engine built in 1967, 325 HP before mods, (Block, heads, manifolds all date code verified), we were told by a family member that the engine and transmission came out of a 1967 Firebird or a 1967 GTO. We are not sure about this. If this is important to you, please verify this on your own.
400 Turbo (TH400) AUTOMATIC Transmission
10 bolt GM 8.5" Differential with ladder bar suspension in rear, Also local shop we had the truck at said this was a "posi" rear end (they spun one rear tire and the other tire turned the OPPOSITE way)--we are not sure if it is posi-traction or not but just going by what this reputable shop told us
Front disk brakes, rear drums
EXTREMELY RELIABLE Truck that runs great, transmission shifts smooth
**please verify this info on your own, you are welcome to have someone come inspect the vehicle at our home and at YOUR cost to verify anything in our ad**
Truck has yellow paint and we believe it was repainted several years ago. I would call it a good driver paint job. It does have some imperfections and a couple of rock chips but in my opinion it is a really nice paint job for a daily driver that is over 63 years old.
Truck has a perfect rake to it and has a nice stance. Truck has a custom fiberglass hood that lifts forward for easy access to the engine compartment (same as a Corvette).
Custom rear taillights. Wood bed looks like it was re-finished a while ago and still looks nice but there are a couple of pit marks in the wood near the front of the bed. We were told that the wood in the bed may be very old so we didn't want to touch that just in case.
Nice chrome steering wheel, custom gauges with the original gauge cluster, seat was professionally reupholstered, all of the glass is in great shape, new high end transmission shifter,
(1) Wheels have a little wear on them and look like they need to be polished--if I was keeping the truck I would have these wheels' powder coated black to match the theme of the truck
(2) If I was keeping the truck I would put a new set of tires on it, I would say the tires have about 50% tread
(3) Speedometer will intermittently make a grinding noise and jump around but seems to work fine most of the time (it may need a new speedometer cable)
(4) original gauges (temp and fuel) are not hooked up because of the GM drive-train. New aftermarket fuel gauge, temp gauge, and tachometer, all working fine.
(5) rock chips and imperfections in the paint
(6) very minor SURFACE rust underneath (see pics)
(7) the only leak on the entire truck is there is a tiny drip coming from either the drive-line or where the speedometer cable plugs into the transmission, I looked very closely but couldn't tell exactly where it is coming from. Most of the gaskets underneath have been replaced including the rear main, oil pan, transmission pan, valve covers, so the leak cannot be anything major. It could be residual transmission fluid because the pan gasket was leaking a lot before it was replaced.
(8) All of the window cranks and door handles come with the truck, we just do not know how to install them
(9) if I was keeping the truck I would put a new oil pan on it, there is nothing wrong with the current oil pan but you can tell it was repaired in the past (prior weld marks). Oil pan gasket is new and does NOT leak at all
Please don't expect a $90,000 Barret Jackson show truck! That is NOT what this truck is. However, if you are looking for a reliable daily driver type of vehicle that you could still drive to any car show and turn a bunch of heads, then this is the truck for you. This truck runs at 195-200 degrees all day long in the hot Arizona summers (120 degrees in the shade!).
63 years old and driven daily. Not a piece of junk but not a show car. We are pricing the vehicle for a quick sale but please do not waste our time with any low-ball offers. No free rides. Will not negotiate price over the phone or text so don't bother. If you come to look at the truck and want to test drive it, we will require that you show us the cash -- otherwise you won't be taking it for a test drive. After doing a lot of research and seeing what these trucks have actually sold for. Do not waste our time with stupid offers. Thanks for looking.
Please call 623-332-9867 with any questions. We have a lot more pics we can send to you. We reserve the right to cancel the sale of this vehicle at any time as it is for sale locally and nationally.
We are not auto mechanics. **please verify all of this AD info on your own, you are welcome to have someone come inspect the vehicle at our home and at YOUR cost to verify anything in our ad**Actual Mileage on vehicle is unknown to us**I have a 100% rating on eBay because I tell the truth about what I know about the items I am selling**If you have specific questions please call and ask, I will tell you everything I know. Also, it is possible that forgot a few things in the ad, please feel free to have someone come look at the vehicle for you at your expense.**