1970 BOSS 302, 71K ORIG MILES, NUMBERS MATCHING,2 BUILD SHEET,MARTI, LOW RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: BOSS 302 - 71K ORIG MILES
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Boss 302 - 71K ORIG MILES
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 71,005
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 5.0L 4949CC 302Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: U/K
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 - 71K ORIG MILES1970 MUSTANG BOSS 302
71,003 ORIGINAL MILES
1 of 460
Power disc brakes
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR HIGH-RES PICTURES
- The VIN and buck tags are still in place.
- This Boss has its numbers matching original engine. The VIN stamp is on the back of the block.
- believed to be the original transmission with factory Ford Hurst shifter still in place.
- Two original Ford build sheets.
- Everything works on this Boss 302 except the radio which plays static.
- The Boss was parked in a garage for 25 years, you can see the 1982 tags in the trunk.
THE FOLLOWING WAS DONE AFTER BEING TAKEN OUT OF STORAGE
- The brakes were rebuilt including pads, new calipers, rear wheel cylinders and silicon fluid.
- Oil change
- Full tune-up
- New gas tank and sender unit
- New exhaust
- New black carpet
- It has 15x8 magnum wheels
- This Boss starts/runs/drives/steers excellently—the motor revs smooth as glass.
- The steering box has no wear (someone filled it with grease years ago) and the car tracks and steers perfectly.
- The original shifter works flawlessly and this car is easy to drive and brakes perfectly.
- It has an aftermarket cam the original owner installed it and it runs great with it. It makes this Boss very quick and sounds mean. It has good torque and revs smoothly. It has a slightly lumpy cam idle at 950 RPM, but it feels and sounds nice.
- The engine blows no smoke and has good oil pressure.
- Power steering works great with the Boss power steering oil cooler still mounted behind the driver radiator shroud.
- The clutch and pedal assembly workwell with smooth, straight action.
- It has good headers.
- This Boss has its original 31-spline Nodular rear, but has 3.91 gears instead of the 3.50 it had originally.
- The rear end is quiet and both front/rear sway bars are there.
- Good original radiator
- Carb is not original. It has a Ford 4300 carb
- Distributor is not original. It has a HiPo 289 dist
- Original choke knob and cable still in place.
- The big Boss power steering and alternator pulleys are still there.
- Could use a new timing chain as current one has slack.
- Could use new rear brake lines (look rusty) to be safe.
- Two original Ford build sheets
BODY AND UNDERCARRIAGE
- This Boss was repainted at some point in the original Medium Blue. It is a driver quality restoration, not show quality. There are imperfections in the body such as some waviness/minor dents in the lower doors and rocker panels which are visible in the pictures. There are two slight impressions in the roof that dont show up in pictures. There is a small dent on the bottom of the drivers side front fender that can barely be seen unless you arelooking underneath the car.
- All the sheet metal is original including the engine compartment aprons.
- The driver floor board has a spot filled with POR 15 andthen fiberglassed. The rest of the floors are solid. The cowl is good.
- The passenger side front torque box has just a small hole. The driver’s side front torque box has a three inch hole.
- Floor supports, shock towers, rear rails and trunk floors are good.
- The original Ford glass is excellent. Both doors and glass roll and close smoothly.
- The interior is in excellent original condition.
- The interior is original except for the carpeting.
- The original headliner is perfect.
- The dash has a small crack or two.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR HIGH-RES PICTURES
PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY
Any questions, please call me at (914) 302-7680 or text me at (954) 650-5738 (Florida cell number) and I will do my best to answer them.
You are welcome to inspect the car in person at Finishline Autos, 369 Route 6 Mahopac, N.Y. 10541.
I will assist with shipping but you have to arrange it and pay for it. If you need help, just ask.
If you win, please pay. Simple rules to follow. Thanks for checking out the ad.
We do not accept Pay Pal. Payment will be required within 3 days of auction end unless other arrangements have been made. Payment will be in cash or wire transfer into our bank account.
PLEASE, these auctions cost time and money. If you are not 100% sure that you want the car, please don't bid on it. I have been burned by people in the past that give stupid excuses like their kid hit the button. Please be respectful and don't allow that to happen.
Look at my feedback and see that I am an honorable guy, I hope that you are too. Thanks.On Sep-25-16 at 16:10:41 PDT, seller added the following information: