1991 Ford Explorer with rare Jurassic Park parts and Replica Props included
Price: US $1,605.00 Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Explorer
- Type: SUV
- Trim: XLT
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 242,000
- VIN: 1fmdu32x3mua69082
- Color: WHITE
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Ford ExplorerYou're bidding on a 1991 Ford Explorer that I purchased with the intent of converting to a screen accurate Jurassic Park Jungle Explorer replica. All of the parts listed will be included and many of them are extremely rare. The Explorer runs and drives great and handles nicely. I drove it from Dallas to Houston upon purchasing it last year and it handled the drive perfectly well. Since the Explorer doesn't get driven much it often goes 2 - 4 weeks without being started. Despite its inactivity the Explorer starts on the first try every time and runs like a clock. I'll post a video if there's any demand for that. The engine and transmission seem to be in excellent shape. Two of the tires are newer, the other two have about 40% tread.
Please head to this Imgur gallery to view all of the parts that are included in this auction: Full Gallery
Parts list (all included with sale of the Explorer)
- - 1991 Explorer with rare clear glass (AS3 rear), and rare hatch glass sans rear defrost
- - Front brush guard (screen accurate- rare)
- - Brush guard lights with sealed beams and custom guards
- - Rear tail light guards (accurate- rare)
- - NOS Pelican case for flares/flashlight (rare accurate - new with tags)
- - Front 9" monitor (accurate but with some burn in)
- - Track "sensor" shell
- - Small vintage scott first aid kit
- - Dr. Grant's A16 water bottle (rare embroidered tag)
- - Two Panasonic dash cameras (rare)
- - Brush guard camera
- - Jurassic Park maps (x10)
- Mechanical repair parts included (not installed):
- - Window motor bushings (to repair all 4 automatic windows)
- - 4 door striker bushings
- - Wiper blade (x2)
- - Radiator fan
To complete the conversion of this car into a screen accurate Jurassic Park Explorer you'll only need the rear monitor, running boards, fender light, rear Ford rims, and side antennas (custom fabrication withstanding). You'll also want to swap in tan carpet and door panels instead of blue. Let me know if you have any questions about the conversion and parts and I'll be glad to answer them.
- A/C not blowing cold due to leak. Needs recharge. A/C system is present and in good condition.
- Rear lower chrome bumpers are dented
- Interior door panels missing plastic
- Original radio/cassette included but not working
- Small dings in body, but typical of the car's age
- Window motors need new bushings (included)
- Slow oil drip (appx one drip/week)
I'm selling this project since I've decided to leave the "movie car" and movie props community altogether. I'm in no hurry to sell it so it'll be relisted until the right builder/buyer is found.
The reserve is set based on the various offers I've had on the props and parts that are included.
Thanks for looking. Good luck! Here's my last build compared to the screen used car. This is what you have to look forward to!