1981 Ford Thunderbird NM. Unbelievable Survivor. MUST SEE 81 T-Bird. 55K!
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 55,200
- VIN: 1fabp42b6bh160355
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: Gas
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Ford Thunderbird
Unbelievable find. This was a one owner car I purchased from the estate of an elderly woman who purchased the car brand new. I have the original window sticker, owners manuals, and even the payment book!!
This car has never been wrecked, repaired or repainted. This car was rustproofed when brand new and has no rust with the exception of the RH lower back quarter panel that has a spot of rust that is not through.
The interior: I would say as close to perfect as you can get. All original and not a rip, tear or split seam in it! Has rare factory option with bucket seats and a center console!!! Everything works. The trunk doesn't have a spot in it. As clean as the day it was made.
This is a 6 Cylinder which was rare for the year. It runs perfect. You could drive it across the country and back. THIS CAR NEEDS NOTHING!!!!!!!!
I have never wanted NOT to sell a car so badly. Sadly I am in a job transition and I have also run out of space. Since it was purchased it has always been garaged and I would rather sell it than let it sit outside. I am telling you, I don't believe you could find an original car this nice, let alone runs perfect and needs NOTHING!!!!!
The only change I made was adding the later year 15 inch 10 hole tires with brand new tires (probably less than 100 miles on them). The car sat from 2009-2016 so the original owners family updated the radiator, hoses, belts, etc. I am including the original factory hubcaps.
VIN # 1FABP4286BH160355 (Ebay wouldnt take it)
TRUE SURVIVOR!! These are the ONLY possible negatives/needs:
- A/C needs freon added
- Brakes work perfect and are good but probably could use a bleeding from sitting
- One fist size spot of surface rust on the lower RH Quarter
- 2 hardly noticable parking lot dings on LH fender and door
- That is all!!!!!
- Car has factory sunroof with factory sunroof bag in the trunk (appears never used)
- Interior is original and mint. I can't find ANY marks, rips, stains, cracks. Truly unbelievable.
- Trunk is as clean as the day it was sold.
- Updated Ford wheels and tires
- Rare bucket seat with factory console.
- No modifications, aftermarket parts, no repaint and no wrecks or repairs.
- Car was always garaged from day one.
- No rust (other than spot noted). Car was rustproofed by Rusty Jones when purchased.
- NEEDS NOTHING. Drive it home ANYWHERE.
- Original docs, window sticker, etc.
- Only 55K original miles
I welcome anyone to check out the car in person. I am proud of this car and stand by every word. I truly DO NOT want to sell it but it needs someone that will be able to cherish it. I have several Mark VIIs and another 1981 T-Bird (NOT as nice as this one) and cannot appreciate it as it needs. I stand by this car and know there will NOT be ANY disappointments.
Please inquire and "watch" car if you are a real buyer. I am a serious, honest, established seller. This is my own personal car. $200.00 Paypal deposit at end of auction. Buyer is responsible for pick up or shipping but I will assist the transporter in anyway I can. AS-IS where-is. No warranty expressed or implied. Remainder in cash or certified check. Clean Ohio title will be sent to you after funds clear.