S-code 390 GT 4-Speed FASTBACK its beautiful, see 70 pics Test Drive VIDEO
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: FASTBACK GT S-code
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 75,591
- VIN: 7R02S153036
- Engine size: 390
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Ford Mustang FASTBACK GT S-code
Please ALLOW TIME for the test drive VIDEO and all 70 pictures to load. Also, please take time to read the entire description found below and in the photos.
FINANCING & SHIPPINGWe offer FINANCING for your classic car purchase through our friends at JJ BestBanc & Co.
We can coordinate shipping any where in the world.
View on YouTube
Factory “GT” AND a Factory S-Code
ONLY 1% of the Mustangs built in 1967 came as a Fastback, with the S-code 390 motor AND the GT performance package (99% of the Mustangs did not).
In the world of Mustangs, this is a rare and very desirable car.
Making it infinitely more RARE is the fact it came from the factory with TWO TONE paint scheme (paint code #85) ….. chances are you have never seen this rare paint option before and most likely never will again.
1 of only 87 per “MARTI” report
If you ordered the “ELITE” Marti Report it will no doubt document this fastback to be one of one exactly as built.
The deluxe MARTI report indicates that out of 474,121 Mustangs built in 1967, only 87 came as Spring Time Yellow fastbacks with the factory Gray “paint treatment” in the rear cove (paint code #85) …… very, very cool. However, when this car was repainted they did not elect to paint the rear cove back to the factory gray. If you would like for us to have the rear cove painted the correct GRAY “prior to shipping the car”, we can have this done for you at your expense – my estimate would be $500. It would certainly be a cool thing to point out and discuss with fellow Mustang enthusiast as my guess is very few have ever even heard of, much less seen this o’so visible optional paint scheme.
I searched the internet for even ONE example of this rare paint treatment but was unable to find even one – that’s how rare this is. If you have one, please send me a photo. Thank you.
In the world of Mustangs, this is a very rare car.
According to KEVIN MARTI’s book Mustang by the numbers,
1% are Fastbacks equipped with 390 & 4-Speed & GT
1% are Fastbacks finished in Spring Time Yellow
.00018% are Fastbacks finished in Spring Time
Yellow WITH a ”painted” Gray Rear Panel
History / only 3,000 miles on REBUILD
The MARTI Report documents that this car was sold new at Read Mullan Motor Co in Phoenix Arizona (the driest state in America !! ).
Beyond the Marti Report the only history I have is what was passed on to me by the individual I purchased the car from. The following is the history relayed to me;
The car was repainted and the Motor rebuilt approximately 15 years ago but driven ONLY 3,000 miles since that time …. so, there is very little wear on the paint or the motor (….. they both still look fresh). The car has been stored indoors for the last 15 years of its life.
Some more recent mechanical freshen up was done as follows; Transmission was rebuilt, approximately 6 months ago and a new Clutch was also installed at that time. Rear end was also rebuilt approximately 6 months ago with new gears and bearings. The cars odometer is showing 75,591 miles. I do not know what the actual miles are since new and because of the cars age, Texas law requires that it be sold as mileage exempt.
MORE upgrades and updates
In my inspection I can see that the ignition has been updated with PETRONICS for better reliability, the front suspension has been freshened up along with the brake system which has new components (master cly, front calipers’ and rotors, etc.) The original Shifter has also been freshly rebuilt and has TIGHT CRISP shifts.
Additionally the Exhaust is new and includes the proper 1967 GT “rolled exhaust tips”. The stainless steel Gas Tank is new and the BF Goodrich TA radials appear to be new along with the Magnum 500 wheels.
The original INTAKE MANIFOLD is boxed up and comes with the car. The aluminum intake currently on the car is lighter and allows for better performance from the engine. The exhaust manifolds remain STOCK.
With all the mechanicals redone it is in great shape. It should be a GET IN AND GO car with many, many miles of enjoyment left in it.
This is a substantially restored car that was refinished to be driven and enjoyed. This is not a concours perfect car – nor is it priced anywhere near what a perfect example would be. It is however a very nice substantially original presentation of a VERY hard to find fastback with excellent body integrity.
The demand is super high for this car and the availability is super low, especially with a quality original body / floors like this one has. The body is at the very high end of the scale in terms of a quality factory original 50 year old Mustang – In my opinion, much of this is due to the fact it started life as an Arizona car and the rest is apparently due to good care and good luck.
It may have the BEST original FLOORS that I have ever seen - check out the PICTURES. If you know anything about Mustangs you understand this is a near impossible find.
Although the paint is said to 15 years old it looks like it could have been done very recently. The paint is slick with that deep wet high gloss look. While not a mega dollar flawless paint job, it is a very nice above average driver quality job that can be enjoyed guilt free.
The interior is outstanding with no evidence of wear. ALL of the beautiful deluxe “brushed aluminum” trim is show quality perfect and really gives the car that killer look.
DRY Dessert Car with amazing FLOORS
The MARTI Report documents that this car was sold new at Read Mullan Motor Co in Phoenix Arizona (the driest state in America).
If you could win an award for the “best original untouched floors”, this fastback would be a serious contender. Simply put, most of the undercarriage of this car could serve as a “bench mark” for a correct concours restoration. You can still see the original CHALK MARKS on various mechanical components, it has a near perfect original red oxide primmer surface with the proper paint drips and even the original Yellow OVERSRPAY in the “correct spray pattern” that came from the factory. Most people are not aware that when they painted these cars at the factory they would have overspray on the floors just like you see in the photos above – CONCOURS restorations duplicate this same effect.
Knowledgeable Mustang enthusiast know that a 50 year old Mustang with FLOORS like this a near impossible find and it speaks volumes for the integrity of this car.
This Big Block “GT” will GET IT. The motor pulls strong and sounds great. The shifts are tight and crisp and the exhaust note is excellent. Additionally with the Power Steering and Power Disc Brakes, it is a joy to drive.
ISSUES/ 2 minor items
This is a fully sorted, “get in and go car”. It has NO major issues. Other than the HEATER, everything works.
1) It needs to have new heater core installed along with the two heater hoses before the heater will function properly (currently it has a by-pass hose run to recirculate the radiator fluid). Correcting this is included in the purchase price and WILL DE DONE prior to shipping the car …. UNLESS, as an additional cost ALTERNATIVE, you prefer to ADD modern Air Conditioning and modern heat. See below information for cost of this enhancement.
2) This is really more of a common characteristic than an issue but want to make it known. It has some fluid leaks as most vehicles of this vintage do (oil and power steering fluid). The main reason for these kind of issues is due to long periods of setting in which the gaskets shrink and swell again once in service. It was not uncommon for cars from 50 years ago to leak when new. We rarely see any leak free Mustangs of this vintage and this one is no exception.
In addition to the GT performance option package this fastback came with 4 additional performance options;
* optional Big Block 390 / 320hp 4bbl motor
* optional Limited Slip 9” rear end
* optional Heavy Duty Cooling
* optional in dash TACHOMETER
* GT Performance “package” included
- 4-Speed Transmission
- Fog Lamps
- Power Disc Brakes
- Special heavy duty Suspension
- Special dual Exhaust
- Special GT Badging and Stripes
- Special cut out rear body panel for GT “TIPS”
** Power Steering was added at some point in this cars history using the period correct components.
Enhancements we can do for you
Want to make some enhancements to this car??
My son and I offer certain enhancements that may be of interest to you. Below are the most common enhancements requested by previous buyers.
For $3,500 …… we can ADD a modern version of factory style “in-dash” Air Conditioning and Heating using the perfect fit system from Classic Auto Air
For $750 …… we can CONVERT the existing original Am radio to be Am/Fm and iPod compatible along with updating the in-dash speaker. …. when selecting this upgrade, most of our clients also select to have the upgraded sound deadener and insulation (see next paragraph).
For $450 to $650 ….. we can ADD premium sound deadener and insulation through out the car, including the doors and the entire interior floor surface all the way through the trunk.
Different TIRES and different wheels are also a potential change we can make.
NOTE …. prior to making ANY changes to the car, the car must be fully paid for along with 50% of the cost of the requested changes. The remaining cost of the changes are due as soon as we document the completion of the change.
If you would like to learn more about me, please feel free to visit my site MyRod.com and review my eBay feedback below.
my eBay “Seller” feedback
Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars . You can see by the price points and the feedback, I specialize in selling premium quality cars.
· Paid $95,000 very pleased with car. Michael was very professional and honest.
· Car as described. Paid $43,000 andPleased.
· Great Car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael
· 67 Mustang S Code 390, $42,9500, Beautiful Car, Michael is passionate & trustworthy.
· *$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, Michael is excellent.
· * Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
· * $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
· * $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
· * Paid $42,500and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
· * 2nd car I purchased from Michael, always as described. This one for $38,500
· * I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
· * Thanks Michael, well worth the $45,000
· * Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500for my stunning 67 GT 390!
· * Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500Camaro & LOVE it!
· * Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950classic truck purchased by this buyer)
· * Traveled from AUSTRALIA, met seller. Unbelievable setup, quality people, quality vehicles, quality service (….$35,000classic truck purchased by this buyer)
· * Paid $65,000for my GTO convertible, very pleased, GREAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
· * Michael sold me this GEM, for$49,950. It is everything I ever wanted and more.
· * My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000Camaro, EXCELLENT !
· * I was Very pleased with car, Great seller to do biz with, paid $41,000
· * $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, easiest ever, Michael did everything
· * Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
· * Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
· * “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
· * “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, will deal again, AAAA+”
· * “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, very pleased, highly recommend
· * “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, over $20,000 grand purchase, hassle free”
· * “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
· * “Michael is top notch, $21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
· * “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
· * “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
· * “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
· * Great Seller, Thanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, first was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
· * Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
· * 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, 1st was $28,000 Mustang)
· * Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
· * As described, easy to deal with, good communication, thanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
FINANCING & SHIPPINGWe offer FINANCING for your classic car purchase through our friends atJJ BestBanc & Co.
We can coordinate shipping any where in the world.
Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff
Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, I am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language.
Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below.
Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself.
Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms.
WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States.
Cashier’s check, direct deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, I must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title.
Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted.
I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees.Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states.
This is a very nice vehicle. However, there is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, scratches (or, other imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used.
This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, of any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), and to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely.
Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing.
The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, the seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, any descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, or implicitly, guarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage.
If you purchase this vehicle you have accepted ALL terms and conditions listed in this eBay ad including this …… Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, other than a claim for injunctive relief, shall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, Texas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, they shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, State of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.