Beautiful Restored 1973 Mustang Fastback
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Fastback
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 3F02F217523
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 347 Stroker
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Ford Mustang
This Mustang Definitely Turns Heads!!!!
Please read the Terms and Conditions of this sale first. If you cannot accept the Terms and Conditions, then please do not waste your time or my time bidding on this vehicle. Please, bid with your wallet, not your heart. Also, please read the entire listing. There is a lot of information here.
Ladies and gentlemen, up for auction is a 1973 Mustang Fastback. It is the 63D body code, not the 65D body code for a Mach 1. This car has been totally restored. I have over $95K invested in this vehicle and unfortunately, I need to let it go to make room for several other projects I currently have going on.
On the Hagerty Scale of 1 – 4, this Mustang pulls in at a solid 1.75 to 2.0, maybe a tad better. It has won a few trophies/awards at local and state level car shows. I always get compliments on it. It definitely attracts attention (and so does my Corvette!).
This may look somewhat like an ordinary and pretty 1973 Mustang Fastback, but I assure you, it is not. I am not sure how its life started out in Colorado, but it was a very bad want-to-be clone of a Mach 1 when I found it. It looked so sad. So I acquired it and gave it a new lease on life along with many other improvements to go along with its new life. They might hear and see you coming, but the will definitely hear and see you going!
The restoration was completed in November 2015. The car has less than 750 miles since the restoration was completed.
It was a partial “frame-off” restoration that took approximately 13 months. Everything was removed with the exception of the main body. Everything was media blasted, primed, and painted a deep cherry pearl metallic with 6 coats of clear coat, color-sanded, and buffed out.
Then entire drive train was removed and replaced. It had an old 302 V8 with an automatic transmission. I pulled it out along with the other crap under the hood and I dropped in a Blueprint 347 Stroker and along with a Tremec TKO 600 5-speed transmission. I had to swap out the existing 8” rear-end and replaced it with a rebuilt 9” rear-end so it could handle the power and torque now being produced.
The front end suspension and steering system was completely rebuilt as well as the rear end suspension system. I added power steering and replaced the old drum brakes with 4-wheel power disc brakes. It will definitely stop you, if needed.
This is well worth the price and you cannot go wrong with it. It will fit right in with your collection, as it did mine, until I ran out of room.
There are many photos of the vehicle so take your time and look through them.
Here is a list of the more noticeable aspects of the vehicle.
· Blueprint BP347CTC Ford 347 CID Dressed Stroker Crate Engine
· 415 HP / 415 lb/ft torque
· Edelbrock 750 CFM Carburetor with Electric Choke Tuned for Performance
· High Performance Mechanical Water Pump
· High Performance Aftermarket Harmonic Balancer
· High Performance/Volume Fuel Pump
· Powermaster Race Alternator – Chrome
· Powermaxter XS Torque Starter
· Griffin Direct Fit Radiator
· Flex-alite Black Magic Xtreme Series Electric Fan
· MSD Digital Ignition System
· “Ford Racing” Valve Covers
· Optima Battery – Red Top
· Tremec TKO600 TECT5008 5-Speed Transmission, 26 spline input, 31 Spline Output. 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .64 (od) Ratios. Rated 600 lb/ft Torque
· 6-bolt SB-Ford 157 Tooth to 3550/TK Aluminum Bellhousing (TCEP8639)
· Super King Cobra Clutch Set Kit. 10 ½ Steel Backed
· Qwik Stik Shifter, TKO500/600
· Mustang TKO600 Shift Handle
· Custom Made Steel Driveshaft, 31 Spline Yoke, 1330 U-joints, 3” Tube, 52” long
· Ford Racing 9” Trac-Lok Limited Slip Differential
· Richmond Gear Ring and Pinion Set. 3:70 ratio
Brakes & Exhaust
· 1973 Mustang Power Brake Conversion
· Front Wheel Drum-to-Disc Brake Conversion
· Rear Wheel Drum-to-Disc Brake Conversion
· Dual Exhaust
· Hedman Hedders 88306 – Street Headers
· Custom Exhaust System With Mild Mufflers
· Chrome Slant Cut Exhaust Tips
· Corso Feroce Shelby Style Wood and Aluminum 15” Steering Wheel with Telescoping Adapter/Horn Button/Emblem
· 1971 – 1973 Digital Dakota VHX Instrument Panel
· Three-point Seatbelt Conversion in Place of the Lap Belts
· All New Material. Vinyl. Tan/Beige in Color
· Black Carpet
· Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl with 6 Coats of Clear Coat, Color Sanded, and Buffed Out
· Hood Blackouts – Hotrod Black
· Front and Rear Spoilers
· 7x15” Magnum 500 Wheels-Front/P235/60R BF Goodrich Radial TAs
· 8x15” Magnum 500 Wheels-Rear/P255/60R BF Goodrich Radial TAs
· Remote Keyless Entry System with two Remote Controllers
· All windows lightly tinted, with the exception of the windshield
And the list goes on. I have the documentation to go with the restoration.
All parts used during the restoration are New Old Stock (NOS), High Quality aftermarket parts, Ford licensed reproductions, or used parts that were reconditioned and/or restored.
I also have a set of 4 NOS Ford Magnum 500 Wheels. They have the Ford logo stamped on the inside of the rim. They are included in this sale, or you can purchase them separately for $2,500.00 plus shipping and handling.
The only detractor with the car is the glass. It is the original glass. When I had it tinted, the scratches became apparent. If I had to do over, I would have put all new glass in it. If the car does not sell and I end up keeping it, I will replace the glass.
If you have any questions, please call Gary at 720-949-3546.
Terms and Conditions of Auction
1. This is a seven (7) day long auction.
2. I have just removed the Reserve and lowered the price by $2,500.00.
3. I reserve the right to end this auction at any time, with or without cause.
4. The car is being sold “as is” “where is.” Meaning there is no warranty on this vehicle, implied or implicit. Again, it is being sold “as is, where is!”
5. If you are the winning bidder, this does not give you the right to inspect the vehicle, and then make a decision to buy it. If you are the winning bidder, you are obligated to follow through and purchase the vehicle. Bidding is considered to be legally binding contract.
6. If you wish to have the vehicle inspected prior to making a bid, you are welcome to inspect it or have an individual come and inspect it for you. Just please coordinate it with me.
7. If you have zero (0) feedback, you must contact me first, before making a bid and convince me that you are a serious bidder and should you be the winning bidder, you will follow through with the purchase of the vehicle. Otherwise, I will cancel your bid, no questions asked.
8. If you have more than one (1) bid retraction within the last six (6) months, you must contact me first, before making a bid and convince me that you are a serious bidder and not retract the bid, unless you truly made an honest mistake. Otherwise, I will cancel your bid, no questions asked.
9. Buyer is solely responsible for any and all shipping costs. I will help facilitate the shipment of the vehicle for you. However, you must coordinate the shipping date, time, and carrier with me at least 48 hours in advance.
10. A deposit of $1,000.00 is due within 24 hours of auction close via PayPal. Full payment must be made in full seven (7) days after the close of the auction. In the event the full balance of the purchase price, less the $1,000.00 deposit, is not received within the seven (7) days of Buyer's "purchase" of this vehicle, I reserve and retain the right to declare the Buyer to have defaulted on the terms of this listing and to terminate such sale and relist the vehicle for sale to another party. The $1,000.00 deposit will be retained as "liquidated damages" and I will owe no duty to the Buyer or any other purchaser to apply such funds to the final purchase price of this vehicle, or to refund such sum to the defaulting buyer.
11. Final payment must be made via wire transfer to my account or via certified check from a national bank (e.g., Chase, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America).These are simple Terms and Conditions to set the bounds of the auction and keep it fair and honest for all bidders. If you cannot abide by or accept these Terms and Conditions, then please do not bid.