1940 FORD CUSTOM - OVER THE TOP RESTORATION - ONE OF KIND -
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- SubModel: OVER THE TOP RESTORATION
- Type: COUPE
- Trim: TWO DOOR
- Year: 1940
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: 185424053
- Color: BLACK
- Engine size: 347 STROKER
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: AUTOMATIC
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: TAN
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1940 Ford Other OVER THE TOP RESTORATION
1940 FORD DELUXE COUPE
“27 Body Modifications”
Refer to separate sheet
Wheels and Tires:
Front – 17” x 7” torque thrust II’s polished
Rear – 18” x 9 1/2” torque thrust II’s polished
Front and Rear Tires – Front 225/45ZR17 – 25” tall, Rear – 325/40ZR18 -27” tall
Alternator, power steering pump, brackets, shot gun scoop, exhaust tip, new grille
Moon air cleaner
Radiator shroud and overflow bottle
Rack and pinion assembly
Shifter bezel by owner
Gas filter assembly underneath car
Gas filter engine compartment and gas line by Diamond
Carburetor – Demon 750 cfm
Hood scoop by Speedway – modified
Stainless steel polished brake dust covers by APC
Valve cover and breathers by OTB
Steering wheel by Billet Specialties
Everything has either been rebuilt or purchased new. Automobile has under 2,000 miles since completion.
Motor never runs hot under any conditions with mechanical aluminum fan blade and shroud.
Cost to build $78,000
1940 Deluxe Coupe Specifications
Ford Windsor Block with 347 stroker bored .060 over. 352 cu. In. stroker rebuilt by Automotive Machine
Aluminum Air Flow Research #85 – 3 angle valve job with pocket porting, with roller rockers
Competition cams – extreme energy. HYD. Raller
Edelbrock Air Gap with endurashine finish
Demon 750 cfm. Vac. Sec with elect choke with polished finish
GM converted H.E.I by performance Distributor
Double Hump 6- Quart capacity
Aluminum by Superior Radiator
Polished 2 – piece aluminum, built by Slims Hot Rod Shop
Polished aluminum by Billet Specialties
Slow Rack polished and chrome lines by Chubby Classic
Ford c-4 transmission with deep T.C.I. pan with shift kit by Transmission Clinic – 2500 stall speed converter
’57 Ford wagon = 9” big bearing big axles 3:55 Eaton posi with chassie
Engineering springs and sway bar
Polished billet rear end cover by OTB
11” disc brakes by Magna Axle
Ford with Heidts 2” dropped spindles with Heidts upper and lower polished control arms narrowed with sway bar
Custom built tubular driveshaft hoop by Slims Hot Rod Shop
Custom fabricated headers and exhaust by Slims Hot Rod Shop
Coated jet coat
Flowmaster 2 – chamber 40 series mufflers, 2 ¼” throughout
Valley stainless steel – 15 gallon polished bottom
All Brake and Gas Lines:
Stainless steel by Slims Hot Rod Shop
Power windows tinted
Tilt GM steering column with Billet Specialties steering wheel
To match torque, thrust II wheels
Power driver’s seat – 1987 Dodge Daytona seats
Radio – am/fm/cd Pioneer 45 watts x 4w/4-6” x 9” Pioneer speakers
VDO Gauges with sun tach
B & M Quicksilver floor shift with custom shift handle – by owner
Wiring by Haywire
3rd brake light built into overhead console
Entire interior was one off custom by Stevie’s Upholstery – armrest by owner
*Watching doesn't buy a nice car like this..bid with confidence or call to make offers! Vehicle is for sale locally and auction may end at any time without notice to ebay. We do encourage all bidders to call before bidding to answer any questions and check availability. If you need the vehicle shipped please call for rates. All vehicles must be paid in full before shipping. Vehicle is sold as-is. We encourage that buyers inspect vehicle or arrange appraiser to come to our dealership and inspect vehicle. Michigan residents to pay 6% sales tax or anyone planning on driving this vehicle home where they cannot present a bill of laden. In those cases when registering the vehicle in your state you will receive a credit from what was paid at time of purchase. We only accept paypal for deposit due to paypal fees.OVER 90%of ourebay sales are not completed online so please call to discuss if you are a serious buyer.$95 Documentation feeon all purchases.
CALL DAVEIF YOU WANT TO NEGOTIATE A BUY IT NOW PRICE-586-662-0913 CELL.
We do not give any BUY IT NOW prices by email, but you can email or call with your questions on the vehicle or for a shipping quote. Don't get fooled by low bids, the real buyers are calling and making offers. We sell 70% of our vehicles before the auction ends..SO PLEASE CALL FOR FULL DESCRIPTION.
CALL DAVE AT 586-662-0913
This vehicle is for sale by Supersport Auto Sales.. Showdown Motors and Super Sport Auto Sales are two different/separate entities and should not be referred to as one in the same. Supersport Auto is a brokerage for private and other licensed dealers. These vehicles are purchased in "AS-IS" condition and shall be sold as per the terms of the â€œBUYERS GUIDEâ€ presented and signed at the time of sale. We do not and cannot represent 100% authenticity unless it is available. We are happy to show our customers the engine casting number, VIN numbers, tags, engine stamping, and transmission codes, we DO NOT GUARANTEE that the motor or any other part or component is in fact the original or that it is correct for this car. There is ALWAYS the possibility of restamped motors and as technology improves there will be even more. We cannot guarantee the originality of this vehicle or any part on this vehicle, including but not limited to the Engine, the Transmission, "matching numbers", color changes, data tag, the frame or any documentation. The entire risk as to the originality and the inspection of this vehicle before purchase is up to the Buyer. Showdown Motors Inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for any typographical error that might be found in any of our advertising including the Internet. This will include any errors made in the description, color, price, or equipment listed for all being advertised for sale by Showdown Motors Inc. All prices listed on this website are discounted cash price.
All sales are final so please feel free to do a pre-buy inspection.
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction.
- Cancel any and all bids at our discretion, or end the auction early if necessary.
- If you place a bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility.SUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSwill help with shipping arrangements but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage!
- Licensed Carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our showroom. All shipping arrangements are provided bySUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSas a courtesy. We are not affiliated with any carrier. Any claims or other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not withSUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORS.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier, but is generally 7-14 days from the date the vehicle is picked up from our facility until it is delivered to your destination. Verify with the shipper for an Estimate Time of Arrival to be sure.
Fee and Tax Information:
- Buyers Inspection:SUPERSPORT AUTOhas done our best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction.SUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSwelcomes a buyers inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees if any are Buyers responsibility.
- Representations and Warranties made by seller:This vehicle is being sold "as is". Manufacturers warranties may still apply. Extended warranty may be available. No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- Taxes and Registration fees: Allbuyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title service fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. All taxes and fees must be paid in full in order for vehicle to be titled and registered.