Beautiful, modified 1955 Ford F-100;3rd Owner; 99000 Actual Miles!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 99,200
- VIN: F10D5P20583
- Color: Aquatone Blue
- Engine size: 300 CID Ford 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Ford F-100
BID IT TO WIN IT! IF THE BIDDING COMES ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE VALUE OF THE PICKUP IT WILL SELL. I WILL NOT DISCLOSE THE RESERVE, DON'T BOTHER TO ASK. 1961 VINTAGE CANNED HAM TRAVEL TRAILER SHOWN IN PICTURE IS NOT INCLUDED BUT IS FOR SALE ON EBAY AUCTION #201670842798
I am the third owner of this pickup which I rescued in 2001. The odometer is showing just over 99000 miles. I have no reason to believe this is not the actual mileage as the odometer was working when I purchased the pickup, and there were no signs of extra wear and tear other than what you would expect on a truck this age. The truck was completely stock and unmolested when I purchased it down to the original 223 cid 6 cyl and 3 speed transmission. The emergency brake even worked!
Over the years I have disassembled the truck down to just the cab being left on the frame. It was amazing how easy it came apart with no frozen bolts, easier than many cars half its age.
I have done the following restoration/modifications over the last 15 years:
· Completely stripped to bare metal and primed with PPG Epoxy Primer
· Rear cab corners replaced
· Front cab corners and floor repaired with minor welding
· New steel front fenders
· New steel box
· New fiberglass running boards
· Original steel rear fenders
· Oak bed boards with 22 coats of clear
· New smooth tailgate
· Totally Stainless fasteners throughout
· All new tinted windshield and glass
· All new rubber moldings and windshield channels
· All dash gauges and speedo work. Still use original 6v windshield wiper motor (use on slow)
· Tilt Steering
· 99% flawless basecoat/Clearcoat "Aquatone Blue” with Urethane clear coat paint. Very few touched up paint chips. Truck cover included.
· Hood emblems shaved (still have them if you want them)
· Front bumper removed, frame horns cut, front pan filled. (still have frame horns)
· Rolled rear pan
· Receiver hitch frenched into the rear pan and hidden by license plate
· 15 X 8 “Smoothies” chrome reverse wheels and baby moons. 80% or better tread on the radial tires.
· Engine is a 1983 300 cid Ford 6 cyl. Re-manufactured long block that had 12,000 verified miles when I installed it. Does not leak, smoke or use oil.
· Ford AOD 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission with a shift kit
· Original rear differential with 3.90 ratio
· All of the drum brakes have been rebuilt
· Power brake conversion with dual master cylinder
· Trailer brake controller installed with round 7 pin trailer plug.
· All of the leaf springs were replaced with reverse eye mono-leaf lowering springs
· All of the spring shackle pins and bushings were replaced
· Offenhouser 4 bbl Intake
· Holly “Economaster” 390 cfm 4 bbl carb
· 12 Volt System with GM Alternator
· New starter and battery this year
· Headers with MasterFlow mufflers and dual exhaust.
· Toyota power steering box
· New aluminum radiator with electric fan
· The truck starts and runs perfectly. It easily runs at 65 mph all day on the interstate and I would not hesitate to take it on a multi state trip tomorrow towing the camper.
STILL NEEDING COMPLETED:
· Interior carpet, firewall cover and headliner, I thought I’d let the new owner finish that and pick out their own colors. (I think saddle brown would look fantastic with the blue)
· Seat is out of a 1983 Ford F-150 and is in good condition but is a little too wide for the truck. I have the original seat (included) which is good but needs some padding and recovered.
· I never did install a radio/stereo
· No AC, the Ford AC compressor is already on the engine and could be used. All you would need is the cab unit, lines and condenser. I have a wire to the compressor run into the cab.
· I never installed a horn but the wire is there and marked.
· Original wiring has been serviceable and added on to as needed.
· Transmission has a couple of minor fluid drips but works perfectly.