1978 King Cobra, Shelby, Other, 2+2, GT, Mustang, Hot Rod, Race Car, Rare
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: King Cobra
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: 2+2
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 54,000
- VIN: 8F03F209068
- Color: White
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Ford Mustang King Cobra1978 King Cobra
I've fallen on hard times this summer and can'tafford to pay the bills. Sadly, I need to let some of "The Herd" go! See my other sales and pick a pony for yourself!
- Car is Real King Cobra.
- First picture is an example of the car after youfinish her. She needs the KING COBRA sticker package (Sold on eBay) and work on the bumpers. They sell really nice Roll Pan and regular Bumpers for Mustang II's (Sold on eBay), if you don't wish to restore the originals.
- Car was just repainted. See Before and After pics.
- Car HAD and HAS NO RUST!
- California Car
- Runs and drives strong. Great Power!
- 4 barrel carb and intake upgrade!
- 302 V8
- I have over $7000. invested. Selling to pay the paint shop bill.
- Car was owned by a handicapped person and has LOW MILES and was not driven hard.
The King Cobra was a hatchback-only model with the 5.0L engine, standard four-speed manual transmission, power brakes, and power steering. The $1,253 KC treatment did without the customary bodyside striping of the Cobra II, but sported a unique tape layout featuring a giant snake decal on the hood and pin-striping on the greenhouse, deck lid, wheel lips, rocker panels, belt, over the roof area, and around the side windows. Up front was a tough-looking air dam.
A "King Cobra" nameplate went on each door and the back spoiler, and a "5.0" badge appeared on the rear-facing hood scoop. The King Cobra also had rear-quarter flares, a black grille and moldings, and color-keyed dual sport mirrors. Raised white-letter tires rode lacy spoke aluminum wheels with twin rings and a Cobra symbol on the hubs.enthusiasts snapped up 4,318 of them.
Check out this Mustang Cobra Decoder page on line. Rare, rare car.
Questions..? Call 407-994-9062