1964 Custom Sedan Org. 427 R-code
Price: US $55,000.00 Item location: Missoula, Montana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Galaxie
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 0
- Color: Guardsman Blue
- Engine size: 427
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Ford Galaxie*Second go around on Ebay folks*
- The #1 question last time was "was this car restored to 100% factory correct"? First off, she has been restored in two phases, paint and suspension/drive line work by the previous owner & all mechanical/motor/trans work done by my mechanic (all they do is high end restorations!). That's when I had the choice of going all 100% factory or drive the car (and that's the route I took because I already have enough on my plate running a construction company). So, for you purists out there - here's the deal;
1. I am pretty sure you will never see another factory 1964 Custom R-code for sale (these were not a car that could be purchased off a dealer lot - they had to be special ordered with the R-code package) - I have searched for other owners out there for the past 6 years and so far only 3 others exist (one is being restored - one is a driver - one is so far gone, its not worth restoring). And for those of you who know Galaxies, you will see the slight difference in body design as well as the window post.
2. Here's what you will need to bring the car back to factory org. - org. low riser heads (car currently has mid-riser heads - more HP) - org. Holley carbs & linkage (has the upgraded Holley aftermarket carbs) - org. long cast headers (has a brand new set of Crites headers) - re-do exhaust system (the car is set up as a "period correct street/strip car w/3 inch exhaust, cross over pipe & cut outs) - KH wheels (good luck!) - org. factory shifter (current Hurst shifter) - org. 3:50 gears and open rear end (current 4:11 - spooled rear end).
3. Here's the parts I have that are included in the sale; - the org. factory hood - no "tear drop" (org. Guardsman Blue paint on the hood) - org. radiator - org. Dog Dish hub caps (that fit the org. 15 inch KH wheels) * Please ask me questions people! I will do my best to get you the answers!
*And please do your homework & look at the past auction prices for R-code cars (including the Custom R-code Clone car that sold for $65k last year). And remember, there were over 3000 Galaxie R-code cars built in 1963 & another 3000+ in 1964 (they even built 200 Lightweight 427 cars each of those years). So what would you rather spend your $$$ on - a car with big production numbers or one that is far rarer than even a factory Lightweight car?
* No Reserve Auction *
* Ebay format does not let me change the VIN # - the first Five are: 4P53R.....
* For more pictures & video of the car running - go to my facebook page: Two Good Old Fords
1964 Custom Sedan - 2 door "post" car. This is a factory org. "R-code" car with the 427/4spd & 2 four barrel carbs. This is not a clone or tribute car - this is the real deal. An extremely low number of these cars were sold in 1964 with the upgraded R-code package (I only know of four others currently out there). This is also the only 1964 R-code Custom listed in the 427 Galaxie Registry.
Highlights:- The car has been re-painted the factory correct Guardsman Blue- The interior is Orginial to the car and in great cond. (newer carpet)- The org. Factory installed hood comes with the car (needs new paint), as well as the org. Radiator & factory air filter element- The 427 "solid lifter" motor is date code correct (with medium riser heads)- Four org. Dog Dish hub caps (not currently installed)- Ford 15 inch "steelies" (not KH) wheels with vintage Monarch bias ply tires in the rear & Micky Tompson bias ply in the front (Torque Thrust wheels as shown are included)
Mechanical Work:- rebuilt top end of the motor to factory specs- rebuilt Top Loader trans- new brakes & lines- new factory correct suspension- new fuel pump/fuel lines/starter/water pump- rebuilt Holley carbs (not factory org.)- new Crites Headers and full 3 inch exhaust- Giffin Alum radiator w/electric fan- factory org. Surge tank- new gears (4:11)- Calvert Racing gas shocks
Current Issues:- Hurst shifter needs to be replaced
I don't do Ebay that often - so I am sure I've missed a lot of information that folks would like to know about such a rare car as this one - so please send me a message and I will post answers for everyone to see.
Shipping - that is the responsibility of the buyer. There is a local shipper I know of that can haul the car with the org. Hood (plus the extra org. Parts) - i can put you in touch with him if you like. And yes, the car does not ship until all funds have cleared my bank.
Warranties - I believe the warranty ran out 51 years ago, you will have to check with Ford on that one!
More pics on upon request
Bid Requirements - if you have zero feedback, you must contact me directly in order to bid on the car. Too many scammers on EBay!
Payment - $1500 deposit via wire transfer (or other, no Pay Pal) within 3 business days. The remaining funds to be sent within 7 days of the end of the auction. And again, the car (nor the title) leaves my procession until the entire amount owed has been paid.