1955 Ford F-100 A/C Short Bed Pickup
Price: US $11,250.00 Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 352
- VIN: F10V5D25992
- Color: White
- Engine size: 272 Y-Block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 3 Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Ford F-100This is a really good running and driving 1955 Ford F-100 pickup with a classic look.
- The paint is pretty good overall with just a couple of spots that could use some touching up.The flame job was done very nicely and outlined with pinstripe tape that has a couple small places that have peeled off.There is a small cracked spot on the right frontfender and two very small spots on the right rear fender. There is a small spot on the bottom front corner of the bed where the paint has flaked off.
- The chrome bumpers are in good shape and the grille is nice with no dents in it.
- The truck is all steel--no fiberglass fenders.
- The truck is super solid underneath with no rust issues. It appears to have all of the original sheet metal with no patch work ever having been done.
- It has shaved door handles with remote door poppers. There is a manual release under the hood if there was ever a problem with the battery going low enough that it wouldn't actuate the door poppers.
- The steel wheels are in really good shape and have nice Ford hub caps with trim rings and BFGoodrich Silvertown bias ply 6.70-15" tires that look to be pretty new.
- All of the glass is in good shape and the door glass and rear window are tinted. There is a small spot of the tint that has peeled on the top of the driver door.
- All of the head lights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals work like they should as well.
- The wood bed is also in good shape.
- The interior is really nice with a timeless hot rod style.
- The vinyl seat cover is new and has a rolled and pleated insert.
- The door panels were nicely done to match the seat.
- The headliner is new as well.
- There are also two sets of aftermarket seat belts installed.
- It has an aftermarket A/C and heat kit that works well and blows cold.
- There is an aftermarket CD player mounted to the bottom of the dash next to the A/C control panel.
- It has a really nice aftermarket gauge panel in the stock location and all of the gauges work correctly.
- The windows roll up and down easily.
- The original steering wheel is also in good shape.
- The original factory VIN tag with all of the codes is still attached to the inside of the glove box lid and I can provide a photo of that to any seriously interested buyers.
- The engine appears to be the original 272 Y-block and has a casting code of ECG on the back of the block, indicating a 1955-1957 model engine. It has the original 2 barrel and runs very well, starts right up, has plenty of power and has exceptional oil pressure.
- The transmission is the original 3 speed manual and shifts through the gears very well. The clutch feels good and doesn't feel like it has any slipping when driving down the road.
- It has the original rear end under it and according to the tag on the glove box it came with 3.91 gears. It feels like it still has the factory gears because it cruises down the road at 60 mph around 3k rpm.
- The radiator has an electric fan to keep it cool when running the A/C.
- The truck has the original suspension front and rear with the original straight axle and leaf springs up front and original rear end and leaf springs out back.
- The manual drum brakes work well and have a nice firm pedal feel.
- The manual steering is very light and easy to maneuver the truck around, even at low speeds.
- It runs and drives down the road very well and gets a ton of looks and thumbs up.