1974 Ford Torino Starsky & Hutch
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Torino
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Gran Torino
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 8,000
- VIN: 4H25F181729
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 302 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Ford Torino
1974 Torino "Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino" Tribute Car.
This vehicle is in great shape, straight, never been in accident, meticulously finished to represent a great reproduction of one of the most iconic TV cars ever created.
40th anniversary year rallies are taking place worldwide, it's a great year to own a Starsky & Hutch tribute car and show this historic show piece.
This unique car was professionally restored in 2013 includes a performance rebuilt engine, as well as restored undercarriage and body as listed below. The car was owned by a single family since new before restoration began. The body only required a small amount of rust repair that was replaced with welded-in metal which was meticulously finished and blocked out smooth. To create the authentic red and white striped paint scheme a Base Coat / Clear Coat paint was applied and then wet sanded and buffed to an attention-getting shine.
• POWER TRAIN - Original 302 Engine with fresh complete overhaul rings, bearings etc., done at 98,000 miles current OD 106,000. Performance upgrades include GT 40 Heads, Edelbrock aluminum intake, Holley 600 carburetor, electronic ignition, MSD Billet distributor with super conductor spark plug wires, headers plus new alternator, fuel pump, etc. The original C4 Automatic Transmission was also overhauled. The factory AC system is installed and operates but doesn't cool at this time.
• CHASIS – The brake system was completely rebuilt with new parts. It has the factory front power disk brakes. The suspension is tight and any worn parts, shocks and joints were replaced as needed. The factory power steering is tight and the car was just aligned and drives great. Great looking vintage slotted mag wheels (15 x 8 rears and 15 x 6 fronts) have new tires on the rear and slightly used tires on the front.
• INTERIOR – Great looking bucket seats, original un-cracked dash pad, center console with working and accurate gauges (volts, oil pressure, temp), new carpet. Driver’s side seat belt buckle mechanism needs replacing. A new radio / CD with MP3/ IPOD input has been installed.
• BODY – 1974 Torino with 106,000 miles (only 8K miles approx. since engine overhaul). As mentioned above all repairs in 2013 were done using correct welding in metal. Floor pans and trunk bed are original and have zero rust. Car was painted with high quality Base Coat / Clear Coat paint using Starsky and Hutch correct colors - Ford 2B Bright Red and 9D White. After paint, car was wet sanded and buffed out to a beautiful shine. I have left over paint in original paint cans for both the white stripe and red exterior colors.Body upgrades include the change / addition of Gran Torino model front grill, front header panel, front bumper, head lights and bezels. Rear addition to upgrade to Gran Torino Model includes rear tail lights, chrome trim around gas cap door and Gran Torino gas filler door emblem.All chrome is in good shape, some pitting around the driver’s side rear tail light.
I took a road trip in this car for 13 non-stop highway and back road sightseeing hours between 70 and 80 MPH with no issues what so ever. I drove it consistently for past couple years without any problems. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
This Torino is being advertised locally, thus the seller retains the right to withdraw this item from availability at any time.
* AS-IS * NO WARRANTY *
This is a 40 year old vehicle in excellent restored condition. I have done my best to describe its condition; however, it is a used vehicle and will show minor signs of use and normal wear & tear.
Call 954-415-0219 for more information (9a-9p EST)
A non-refundable deposit of $2,000 is due immediately upon winning bid. The remaining balance is due within 3 days of winning bid via cash, or electronic bank transfer only. The vehicle will not be transferred until the funds have cleared! Thank you for looking and good luck purchasing!
Buyer is responsible for pickup or delivery. Vehicle is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL area 33324