1985 Ford Thunderbird 30th Anniversary preserved 9k miles barn find show car.
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- SubModel: 30th anniversary, Elan, Foxbody
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Elan
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 8,601
- VIN: 1FABP46F0FH168714
- Color: Medium Regatta Blue Metallic
- Engine size: 5.0 302in/cu
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Medium Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Ford Thunderbird 30th anniversary, Elan, Foxbody
I am the 2nd owner of This Beautiful all original exampleof a 1985 30th anniversary Ford Thunderbird. This car currently shows 8,601.5 miles on its futuristic for the day digital dashboard! This preserved 32 year old beauty needs to be in someone's collection or a museum! The tires are the original purple stripe Good-Year Eagle VR60'S. The Wipers are even original! Air filter and breather original, brake pads original, rear drums never removed, Spare tire and jack appear to have never been removed from the trunk.
This car has neverhad its Medium Regatta Blue Metallic paint (or the silver for that matter) touched up in any way. There were only 5,000 of these examples made, all of them came with the same paint schemes and theblue highly optioned Elan interior.
Issues with the T-Bird;
- The Wheels do have some corrosion, possibly driven ata beach in California? I acid cleaned the wheels, removing and documenting the wheel weights, and I clear-coated them with 2 stage product to preserve there originality. The tires are out of balance,32 year old tires, long term storage, not a good combination!
- I have no Ford paperworkfor this car. I do havea clear Texas title in my hand, but no ''jacket'' or other promotional items included in this sale.
- The interior headliner is starting to sag over the drivers head.
- There are some hard plastic blue pained parts on the interior that have paint issues. It almost appears that the paint never stuck, or the plastic de-gassed taking the paint?
- The ''service'' light is illuminatedon the dash.
- Small paint scratches and some very small ''chips''. But you need to look hard for them! I did have some paint less dent work done, and there are some minor scratches and chips that could be easily hidden with some good touch-up work, I felt that by leaving these blemishesas-is shows just how real this car is
I have made every effort to be honest about this T-Bird, and if there are any questions, orif an interested buyer would like to see more details in an area please call me personally. The car is for sale locally and I will remove this add ifsold.
Bill Elliot, Bob Glidden, Drag, Race, Fox, Mustang, Preserved, Preservation, Collector, Rare, Museum. Barn Find, barnfind, Original Paint, Original Tires,