1968 Early Ford Bronco
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- Trim: custom
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 7,000
- VIN: u15nld55698
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 351 C
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Ford Bronco
Garage kept, nearly fully restored Ford Bronco. Full tear down all parts either new or blasted. 95% finished in 2007. Engine rebuilt in 2010. The reason for 95% is front and rear axles have different ratios originally rebuilt with 4:11 gears, swapped in 3:55 in rear. It will cruise at 85 mph all day with this gearing. Hood scoop could use a little finish body work. Rest of body is very nice. Nice body gaps and lines.
· rear-end completely rebuilt, 31 spline axles, explorer disk brake conversion, custom anti-wrap traction bar with built-in drive shaft hoop.
· Front axle Dana 44 ‘76 disk brake completely rebuilt with 4:11 gears
· Wild Horses steering linkages
· Lifetime rebuilt 76 steering box
· Custom trac bar
· Suspension has all new bushings, leaf springs, and shocks
· Rust-free frame: blasted and painted
· 4 shock-mounts on rear and front
·Drive Train: 351C with aluminum heads and intake, lifetime coated headers, 10.5:1 compression, professionally rebuilt approximately 7000 miles ago. Was built for longevity over power but estimate that it is in the 375 HP range.
· Ford top loader 4-speed, rebuilt transfer case.
· Lifetime guarantee power brake conversion,
· Body was mostly rust-free. Has original door posts, latch posts, rocker panels, and kick panels.
· All inner front sheet metal is new from the firewall forward. It is bolted to firewall and can be removed as one piece instead of welded. It wasn’t rusted but it was butchered.
· Original front fenders, doors and windshield frame.
· Quarter panels replaced because of way over-sized cut-outs.
· Has 1 inch body lift that is part of floor supports to prevent body sag with custom front and rear roll pans.
· Interior is Rhino-lined from firewall to tailgate.
· Underside is coated with a cheaper bed liner from windshield frame all the way back including inside of quarters and fenders.
· Has ½ cab bulk head behind seats. The bulk head cuts down on wind turbulence.
· Wild Horses aluminum radiator
· Painless wiring harness
· Ididit tilt steering column
· Window frames removed, top of door blanked in, easily removable. Have window frames, windows, and mechanisms not restored or painted.
·Original full hardtop in decent shape, has not been restored but has all glass, latches, and very little rust. Built to be a roadster, hardtop has not been on it since restoration completed and it may not fit over custom roll bar.
· 5-point harnesses
· Plastic fuel tank
· Custom bumpers made to look similar to originals but are much stronger
NO texts. Serious inquiries only. Offers not made in person will not be considered. Being sold as is, where is. Will not deliver. Full payment due within 7 days of sale. Cash or certified check accepted.
If you have questions or want to see the Bronco, call me at 570-233-3272 between 9a and 9p est. Phone calls preferred as there may be a delay in responding to emails.