1956 Ford Fairlane Tudor Victoria Hardtop / Restored / Fully Sorted /Super Clean
- Make: Ford
- Model: Fairlane
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Victoria
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: m6lv123186
- Color: Peacock Blue / Colonial White
- Engine size: V8 292 ci OHV - 4V Carb.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue / White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Ford Fairlane1956 Ford Fairlane Tudor Victoria Hardtop VIN / Serial Number: M6LV-123186 Automatic Transmission Power Steering Exterior bare-metal repaint and full interior by Classic and Exotic Service, Troy Michigan No rust concerns Extra-clean, not smoked in Starts, stops, runs and drives nicely
Please note: more than 220 photos follow. On slow Internet connections, they may take time to load.
You can also Click here for high-resolution slideshow
· Originally built in Long Beach, CA on November 29, 1955
· Dozens of maintenance and light restoration receipts from previous owner, 1991-2000
· Purchased by current owner/seller from long-term California owner, April 2001
· Cosmetic restoration at Classic and Exotic Service, Troy Michigan, 2001-2002
· Exterior repainted Peacock Blue and Colonial White
· Interior reupholstered in Blue and White vinyl
· Over $49,000 in restoration receipts
· Receipts for maintenance and repairs through 2015
· Total mileage unknown, receipts support 103,650 indicated miles is accurate
· Always garaged while in Michigan
· Never driven in winter
Exterior repainted Peacock Blue and Colonial White
· Exterior repaint over bare metal, 2001-2002, by Classic and Exotic Service
· No rust concerns
· Extra clean, top and bottom
· Very good panel fits
· Doors, hood and trunk lid open and close easily
· Front and rear lid supports work properly
· Weatherstrips all in very good condition
· Windshield is not delaminating, cracked or pitted
· All other glass in very good condition
· Windows operate easily
· Bright trim in very good condition and 100% complete
· Bumpers and overriders fit properly and are undamaged
Blue and White vinyl interior
· Seat covers, door panels, dash and carpets all replaced, 2002
· Seat covers in very good condition with no tears or failed stitching
· Seat padding is firm and smooth
· Seat slides and latch easily
· Headliner is undamaged
· Correct sun visors
· Inside mirror in very good condition
· Glove box door fits well and glovebox liner is undamaged
· Dash is not cracked or warped
· No wind noise or other noise concerns when driving
· No odor concerns
Engine Casting Number ECZ5015A, Cleveland Foundry identifier casting mark
· V8 292 ci OHV - 4V Carburetor, 202hp
· Original distributor
· Points and condenser ignition
· Turns over easily, starts promptly
· Later model Holley carburetor with electric choke
• Polished later model air filter
· Full tune up, 2006
· Auxiliary electric fuel pump with switch added under dash aids starting after long-term storage, 2006
· Stainless exhaust through-the-bumper is leak-free
· Fuel tank is clean and rust-free
· Steady idle
· Pulls smoothly and runs cool
· No active coolant or oil leaks observed
Three-speed Fordomatic automatic transmission, as-built
· Rebuilt 2001
· Shifts easily through all gears, up and down
· No active fluid leaks or other concerns
· No clunking or other noises when driving
· Linkage properly adjusted
Suspension, brakes, steering:
· New shocks, 2002
· Front sway bar added
· Swaybar bushings replaced 2002
· Front springs and power steering hoses replaced, 2009
· Rear springs re-arced and front suspension bushings replaced, 2009
· Differential and rear axle are quiet with no concerns
· Drives as it should. Tracks straight.
· Remington bias ply white sidewall tires
· Brand-new BF Goodrich Silvertownbias ply white sidewallspare tire
· New wheels 2002
·Original full wheel covers
· Steering wheel is level when driving straight. Tires have 80% tread remaining and are wearing evenly.
· No rattles or other concerns
· Master cylinders and wheel cylinders rebuilt, 2001
· New power brake booster, 2001
· Brakes rebuilt, 2006
· Brakes straight with no pulling
All the rest:
· 12 volts electrics, as built
· Recent Interstate battery
· Plug-in Battery Tender trickle charger
· Original AM radio
· Telescoping antenna
· Radio works properly
· Speaker sound it very good
· Speedometer is accurate compared with GPS
· Odometer works as-new
· New fuel sender, 2001
· Fuel gauge rebuilt, 2002
· Temperature and fuel gauges operate correctly
· Sealed beam headlights
· Headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals all operate
· Reverse light works correctly
· Horns blow
· Dash and interior lights operate correctly
· Wiper motor replaced, 2002
· Vacuum-operated windshield wipers work
· Heater controls work correctly
· Two-speed fan operates noise-free
· Clear Michigan title
· Original jack, tire hold-down and lug wrench
· Reproduction 1956 Ford Service Manual
·Fitted California Car Cover Company cover
·Battery Tender with quick connect
· Trunk liner in original pattern
· Spare tire cover and rear fender liners in original pattern make the trunk more complete
· All receipts for claimed repairs and maintenance since 1991
· Several original keys that fits all locks
Spare parts included:
· Tune up parts
· Outside mirror
“The large print giveth and the small print taketh away”- Tom Waits:
Please remember, this is a used car, which, as nice as it may be, is not perfect. I strive to deliver accurate descriptions, but it is possible to miss small deficiencies and will not be held liable for these minor misnomers. This vehicle is sold AS IS/WHERE IS and comes with no warranties, expressed or implied, whatsoever.
· Exterior bare metal repaint from 2002 shows some marks from 14+ years of careful use
· Few chips in paint around edges of hood, deck lid and doors
· One bubble in paint on top of LF fender, shown in photo
· Few nicks in bright trim on bumpers, rockers, windows
· Chrome on front and rear bumpers, hood ornament is thin in some places, as shown in photos
·Antenna is crimped slightly near base and does not fully retract
· Some light stains in carpet on front floors
· Some blue marks visible in white vinyl. Likely bleed-through from markings when upholstery was made. See photos
· NO rust concerns
· Engine, transmission, rear end and power steering all seek fluids slightly. There are no active leaks. See photos.
·Engine has some blowby visible at road draft tube crankcase vent and when oil filler cap is off. No smell of oil in the car when driving.
· All glass has few marks and scratches
· Clock works, but is not accurate
·Cigar lighter does not operate
· Clear Michigan title shows “Body Style – Four Door” although this is clearly a Tudor hardtop as indicated on the Serial Number tag
· All parts included are as-is, with no warranties
· NO ADDITIONAL PARTS OR RECORDS ORIGINAL TO THIS CAR ARE AVAILABLE THAT ARE NOT IN PHOTOS, SORRY
Pre-purchase inspection is welcomed. Please contact me through “Ask seller a question” to arrange inspection and for any additional information.
Offered with realistic reserve. There is no “buy-it-now” price. Car will be sold to high bidder above reserve.
Buyer is responsible for vehicle pickup or shipping. Loose items will be inside car for shipping.
$1000.00 deposit required within 48 hours of auction close.
PayPal accepted for deposit, only.
Payment methods accepted:
-Wire transfer in US funds.
-Cashier's Check (certified from US or Canadian bank) or money order.
-Cash (in person).
PayPal not accepted for full purchase payment.
Vehicle and title will be released to the buyer only after funds clear. There will be no exceptions.
Bid with confidence! See my overwhelmingly positive feedback.
Please note: more than 250 photos follow. On slow Internet connections, they may take time to load.
You can also Click here for high-resolution slideshow