1971 FORD F-250 Sport Custom - Factory 390cid , ORIGINAL PAINT - NO RESERVE !!
Price: US $2,995.00 Item location: Eagle, Idaho, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- Type: Styleside
- Trim: Sport Custom
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 53,644
- VIN: F25HRK00958
- Color: Wimbledon White / Swiss Aqua
- Engine size: 390 cid V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: GAS
- Transmission: C-6 3 Speed Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White / Black
- Options: Factory Front Disc Brakes, Factory power Steering, Factory Power Assist Brakes
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Ford F-250- scroll through to see all of the photos, and video -viewingon laptop or PCrecommended!
Relisted at rock bottom price!
Inquiry! # -(208)-789-1799
let's discuss it!
- 1971 F-250 Sport Custom -sporting it's original 390 cid V-8and factory power steering and front disc brakes!
Up forno reserveauctionexclusively via e-bay, is this characteristic1971 Ford F-250 truck. This is the natural patina wear and tear western USA truck that you've been looking for. Rescued from the dry-climate of Eastern Washington, and factory equipped with the Ford FE Big Block 390cid V-8! This is a turn-key daily driver pickup, with factory installedauxiliaryfuel tank... Done the right way. It's ready to cruise as is!
This classic pickup sports scars from what had to have been farm-use during it's 46 year lifetime. Cosmeticimperfections? Ornostalgicbeauty? We'll let you be the judge.
I specialize in locating 1967-1972 Ford pickups here in dry southern Idaho, as well as neighboring dry climate states including Eastern Washington/Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Wyoming. I give them some tender loving care, and then bring them to a national market where you can find an affordable dry-climate rig. This is a very rust free truck, with exception of the items I'll detail momentarily. I'm quite familiar with these trucks, and know exactly what to look for in potential problem areas. Also, I am familiar with shipping these trucks all across the USA, coast to coast. I can assist in locating a reputable carrier for your transport, and thus I encourage long distance bidders. Iwill personally see that your questions and inquiries result in a satisfying purchase!I'll make every effort to take extra photos, or respond to any and all questions. So don't hesitate toinquire before bidding!! ALSO see my other listings!
Since we'veacquiredthis pickup, we've had the opportunity to drive it from Eastern Washington, to Boise Idaho, a 500-mile road-trip. We always like to get a few miles on these trucks, allowing us to get to know each truckintimately.. the good and the bad. We don't want there to be anysurpriseswhen you purchase this classic.
A routine tune-up, oil change,carburetorrebuild, new vacuumlines, and other under the hood details have all been done as of the first week of Mid-August. It has been brought to daily driver status. Even with that big 390 cubic inch motor. She's getting around 13.5mpg, and running beautifully. It has a Holley 2bbl Carb. Has dual exhaust with oldglass-packs. Sounds fine, and is hanging well. But the exhaust system is showing it's age.
Let's break down the VIN shall we?
F25, H = 39, R=Assembledin San Jose CA, K00958=September 1970, S/N 00958, 131" Wheelbase 3M=Swiss Aqua/Wimbledon White two-tone, F254=Heavier 6900 GVW, C=BlackVinyl Interior, 4=Styleside Pickup, G=Automatic Transmission and 37=Dana 60 with 3.54 gears. Furthermore the GVW is 6,900lbs, net rated horsepower is 180 (Note: gross 255) and 4000rpm. 72 is the DSO of San Jose California.
Lets look at theGOODand theBAD!the GOOD
- Mostly original inside and out.
- Original paint/interior.
- True dual fuel tanks! With switch for gauge.
- Comfortable and quiet cruiser.
- Not chopped up!
- Original paint with lots of character
- Ready to drive as-is, or restore!
- All of the trim is intact!
- All of the dog-dish hubcaps and original wheels still!
- Engine runs smooth, no noises or smoke. Strong!
- Transmission shifts perfectly.
- Clean interior.
- Fair tires with 80% tread.
- Has aftermarket mirrors.
- Has newer radio. (Which works, and has Aux-in)
- Passenger side rear cab corner has small rusty hole. (see photo)
- Two small rust holes at the front of the bed. (see photo)
- Light cancer starting on the inside of the tailgate. (see photo)
- Overall beat/up dinged up exterior.
- Small oil drip at the rear of the motor. (valve cover possibly?)
- Small drip at the rear differential. (typical!)
- Dash pad is cracked
- Seat has a tear. But it is the original and can easily bereupholstered.
- Starter/Flywheel is a bit noisy on startup. Probably just worn gears. Doesn'tkeepit from turning over fine.
- Windshieldhas a couple minor dime-size rock chips.
I strive to make every effort to present a straight forward and honest sale. There are certainly flaws, as there will be with most of these as-is original trucks.Please see my previous classic Ford pickup sales this year, and my feedback rating. I'm not happy unless you are happy!
-- NOTE --Most shipping quotes on this pickup are similar. From Here in Boise, to just about anyplace in the lower 48 states, it will ship between $800-$1200, fully insured. I will do my best to assist you in finding a reputable carrier, and have become friends with several drivers. We can get it to yousecurely!
VIDEO BELOW! If you don't see the flash embed, visit the youtube directly: