1965 Ford Mustang Fastback Fuel Injected Restomod
Price: US $20,099.00 Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Fastback
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 4,482
- VIN: 5F09T674174
- Color: Teal
- Engine size: Fuel Injected 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic Over Drive
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford MustangUp for sale is a really nice 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback Restomod with everything you want in a classic Mustang.
- The metallic teal paint is nice driver quality but looks to be a little older and has some small imperfections here and there. There is a small spot on top of the roof that looks like there was a minor paint reaction.There are some places that have been touched up over the years but from 10 feet or so away it looks like a really nice car.
- All of the chrome bumpers, grille and trim look to be in really good shape.
- The floor pans and front and rear frame rails underneath are super solid with no rust issues.
- The glass is in good shape overall with one minor scuff on the windshield from one of the wipers and very light scuffs on the door glass and rear window.
- The wheels are polished aluminum 16" American Racing Torque Thrust II's with BFGoodrich tires that look to have pretty decent tread.
- All of the head lights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals operate like they are supposed to.
- There is a power antenna that operates like a new car and goes up when the key is on and goes down when the key is turned off.
- The interior is in great shape with nice later model leather bucket seats up front and matching leather rear seat that folds down like the original Fastback rear seat came from the factory. The front bucket seats are in really good shape with only some very minor wear showing. They are VERY comfortable and slide forward, backward and recline.
- There is a full set of aftermarket gauges in a custom made engine turned gauge panel that look really nice. All of the gauges work correctly and the head light switch controls the brightness of the lights in the gauges when the head lights are turned on. The speedometer reads a little slow, so it just needs to be recalibrated.
- The custom made center console is in good shape and has a nicely done Ford logo inset in the panel below the stereo. The CD player sounds good and there are speakers in the kick panels as well as a small speaker box behind the rear seat.
- The wood grain steering wheel is in really good shape.
- The dash pad is in good shape and does not have any cracks but is a little wavy up near the windshield.
- The headliner is new and is in great shape.
- The door panels are in good shape but the material is a little loose.
- The interior panels in the rear are in good shape and only show a small amount of wear in a few places.
- There are custom made carpeted panels to clean up the trunk area as well.
- The engine is a later model fuel injected 302 with a roller cam and Edelbrock aluminum upper and lower intake manifold. The engine starts right up, has great oil pressure, runs great and has plenty of power. It has a set of ceramic coated mid length headers that run through dual exhaust back to a pair of Flowmaster mufflers with tail pipes that run out the back of the car and have a great sound to them. It also has a pair of nice finned aluminum valve covers. All of the wiring for the fuel injection was done very cleanly and is hidden very well.
- The transmission is a 4 speed automatic overdrive and shifts great.
- The car cruises down the highway 80mph at 2k rpm and is a blast to drive.
- There is an electric fan wired in to keep the car cool.
- The engine bay is very clean, the inner fender aprons and shock towers are very solid and don't show any signs of ever having been in any accidents.
- The car has an aftermarket power rack and pinion steering that makes the car very easy to steer and enjoyable to drive. If you've ever driven one of these cars with the factory steering box you will know how much of an upgrade the rack and pinion is over the sloppy factory steering box.
- It has 4 wheel disc brakes with a manual master cylinder. It has a nice firm pedal feel and stops really well.
- There is a front sway bar and strut tower brace in the engine bay to keep the car planted when going around corners. These cars didn't handle all that great from the factory so the addition of a sway bar and strut tower brace really help to stiffen up the car and makes it handle so much better when going around corners and driving down the road.