1951 FORD F1 "BLUEBERRY HILL" SUMMIT RACING FEATURED AWARD WINNING RESTO-MOD
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F1
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 5,525
- VIN: F1R1NR22035
- Engine size: 302 CI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Ford F1
1951 FORD F-1 BLUEBERRY HILL
SUMMIT RACING 100th FEATURE-AWARD WINNING RESTO-MOD
(MORE PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM)
This is your chance to own a real show truck. For sale is my 1951 Ford F-1 pickup that has been completely restored from the frame up. Over “3000” man hours were invested over the course of 2 + years (November of 2003-2005). This truck is truly a one-of-a-kind. The concept behind the project was a complete restoration of the vehicle while adding modified components and style that complimented the original truck.
Every item on this truck was removed leaving the bare frame. The front of the frame was boxed & stiffened; a Mustang II IFS was installed. The frame was sandblasted to white metal and primed then painted. The cab and body panels were chemically stripped and or media blasted to bare metal. All of the body panels on this truck are ORIGINAL.
All of the body panels were primed with one coat of etching primer, twelve coats of filler primer (block sanded every 4th coat), one coat of Chroma Base Black, four coats of DuPont Supersonic Blue Pearl, and finally three coats of Clear. The truck was also custom pinstriped on the body and the frame by the local legend Denny Didit. No detail was too small to address including custom touches like the stake pocket covers that were custom fabricated, fitted and painted to match.
A custom book that documents the entire build of the 1951 F1 is included with the sale as well as a custom manual specifically made for this vehicle, both in chronological order. All documents, awards, and trophies are included with the sale of the vehicle.
AWARDS/COMMERICAL & MAGAZINE FEATURES:
Blueberry Hill was featured on the cover of the Summit Racing catalog (Sept-Oct 2007 issue). A complete story of the truck was featured on a three-page fold-out in the center of the catalog as well has several Summit Racing commercials (which I have a copy of). Summit featured our truck as their 100th cover vehicle. Additionally, Blueberry Hill was featured inside Summit Racings Headquarters in the front window for a full month.
In addition to the Summit Racing fame, Blueberry Hill has won over 30 1st place awards at local and regional car shows including over 10 Best of show awards. In 2007 Blueberry Hill was awarded 1st in Class Outstanding Truck and Outstanding Engine at the 2007 Cleveland Autorama.
- Frame: Stock, fully boxed front section with Mustang II crossmember
- Front Suspension: Mustang II with TCI shocks & coil springs
- Rear Suspension: Single-leaf springs with gas-charged shocks
- Rear Axle:Currie Ford 9-inchwithStrange caseandDetroit Tru-Trac, built by KZ Racing
- Brakes:Wilwood4-wheel disc with polishedDynalite calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, Corvette master cylinder and power booster
- Wheels and Tires: Boyd Coddington G-Rodder wheels (17 x 7 front, 18 x 10 rear),BFGoodrich g-Force T/A tires(205/50-F front, 275/35-R rear)
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
- Type:Ford Racing GT-40 crate engine, 302 cubic inches
- Camshaft:Ford Racing B303 hydraulic roller camand roller lifters
- Induction:Edelbrock Performer RPM dual-quad intakewith twoEdelbrock 500 cfm carbs
- Exhaust: Sanderson shorty headers with Ford Blue Jet-Hot coating, 3-inch custom-fabricated dual exhaust to Stainless Works 3-inch chambered-tube stacks
- Ignition:Mallory Unilite distributor,MSD 6ALbox andBlaster 2 coil
- Transmission:Ford Racing Tremec TKO 600 5-speed,Centerforce HD clutch,Ford Racing Cobra R bellhousing
- Other Items: PolishedEdelbrock Elite aluminum valve coversandair cleaner, 140-ampPowermaster alternator, polishedARP fasteners, 160 GPH Edelbrock fuel pump,March Performance billet aluminum pulleys
- Modifications: All seams welded and filled, polished steel firewall, relocated bumpers,
- custom-mounted LED taillights, spar-varnished oak bed with polished stainless steel strips
- Paint Color: Supersonic Blue Pearl with color-changing agent
- Body Work: Lenny Darr and Tom Walsh
- Paint: Lenny Darr
- Pinstriping: Denny Didit
- Upholstery: Dove gray Naugahyde
- Dash: Stock withDakota Digital gaugesand Sony/Alpine stereo
- Steering Column:Flaming River
- Shifter:Hurstwith custom-fabricated stick
ABOUT THE SELLER
- Location: Privately owned, located in Franklin, Michigan
- Contact: Please call 248-733-3587 for any questions.
- Local pickup available, out of state buyers are responsible for shipping. Thank you.
keywords: chevy, truck, pickup, pick-up, restomod, pro-touring, proturning, chevelle, charger, camaro, ss, mustang, shelby, gt500, 5.0, racing, chevrolet, gto, hemi, challenger, rt, srt, viper, acr, corvette, zr1, z06, ford, Pontiac, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957