1911 Ford Model "T" PIE WAGON
- Make: Ford
- Model: Model T
- Trim: C Cab
- Year: 1911
- Mileage: 9,999,999
- VIN: 7933002
- Color: green
- Engine size: 4 cyl
- Number of cylinders: four
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: rear wheel
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1911 Ford Model T
HARD TO FIND MODEL "T" "PIE WAGON".
This car was built in April and May of 2016.
It has been meticulously constructed with attention to detail a high priority.
Titled and registered (Oregon) as a 1911 Ford Model "T", This car variously known as a "pie Wagon" and or "Delivery truck/car, has been meticulously renovated. The original engine was replaced with a recently rebuilt model (engine number 9182427 which makes it a January of 1924 date of manufacture) including the transmission. It starts instantly, purrs like a kitten, shifts as it should and drives effortlessly. The body (plywood) was stripped, filled, and block sanded multiple times to achieve a metal like surface (over 200 hours expended just on the finish) The paint is a two stage Urethane, base/clear coat with a very deep shine, it has been color sanded and buffed to a show car finish (see photos). Yes, it really does shine that much.
The headlights are original equipment from 1911, the windshield, support brackets, side lights, mirrors and radiator are new. The horn is vintage. There are numerous solid brass accents added, such as the kick plate fastened to the seat riser, the lower side inserts in the body and the C cab trim. All the fenders are new from "Rootlieb". This car shows extremely well and quite literally stops traffic wherever it goes. The doors on the back are new and constructed of plywood. The top is vynll over plywood.
I am the owner/builder of the car, it is being sold because of medical issues. I would dearly love to keep this car, having built multiple classic and antique cars, I can categorically state that this is probably the most attention getting one I've ever done. It is simply put and in one word "SPECTACULAR"!
Please ask questions and I will respond promptly.
A complete parts list is below:
- Engine/transmission (1924) rebuilt about 1200 miles ago
- New (less than 50 miles on it) NH Carburetor.
- re-built starter Bendix.
- two Aux oil lines feeding front of engine.
- Ball bearing sealed fan hub.
- Texas T Distributer
- New points, condenser and coil.
- New plug wires.
- Texas T water pump.
- New slow speed connector.
- Recently adjusted bands and clutch.
- Bands show very little wear.
- New intake and exhaust manifold gaskets.
- New 6 volt battery
- Original tail light converted to electric brake light (no tail light).
- Original Headlights converted to sealed beam electric with separate switch.
- New brake light switch.
- New solid brass side lights.
- New Brass Mirrors (2).
- New Motometer with wings.
- New Brass windshield and glass.
- New brass windshield support brackets.
- New Brass running board step plates(2).
- Vintage polished brass fire extinguishers (2 inoperable - show only).
- Polished brass "C' cab edge trim.
- Brass accents on lower body sides rear bottom & top trim.
- Pin Striping tape.
- Modified dash plate of solid cherry housing ign switch & ammeter.
- New Brass hand pull.
- New Brass fire bell.
- New white rubber floor matt with embossed ford logo, trimmed to fit.
- New Cherry plywood firewall.
- Solid Cherry seat riser with polished brass kick plate.
- Cherry plywood bulkhead between seat and aft compartment with window frame installed (no glass).
- All cherry wood parts are stained and finished to match.
- New ammeter.
- New "Brassworks" radiator.
- Polished vintage Brass horn.
- New all white ribbed "Universal" tires and tubes.
- New fenders both front and back from Rootlieb.
- New aluminum hood from Rootlieb.
- New hood former.
- New plywood rear doors with oval frames and glass.
- Polished brass hub caps.
- Brass steering wheel spyder.
- Seat moved back 2" to accommodate a 6' driver.
- New Wiring harness.
- New brass "Ford" sign on radiator face.
- 2 new polygas logo signs on sides of box. Easily removed so you could add your own advertising.
- New extension arm for hand brake lever.
There are probably more parts/additions to this car that I have forgotten about. I will add them as my memory improves.