1965 Ford Mustang HiPo (K-code) Fastback, GT350R Vintage Race Car
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: '65 HiPo (K-code) FB GT350R
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: HiPo (K-code) FB GT350R
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 21,845
- VIN: 5R09K160970
- Color: Guardsman Blue w White Stripes
- Engine size: V-8 293, Cubic Inch, Race
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Toploader, Close-ratio 4-spd
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang '65 HiPo (K-code) FB GT350R
1965 Ford Mustang HiPo (K-code) Fastback ((Currently in Vintage Race configuration))
Built in November 25, 1964 at the “famed” San Jose Ford Assembly Plant
Delivered to Bell Ford, Phoenix, AZ
* Original Door Tag and Marti Reprint Door Tag with Car
* VIN Numbers present in all correct places.
* U.S., State of Michigan Title with car
* SVRA Log Book
Originally, painted Vintage Burgundy (As in example seen below)Vintage Burgundy and Standard Parchment Interior with Black Appointments
Original Ford HiPo (K-code) engine - blown or removed prior to my ownership
Original Ford Warranty Plate is with the car indicating that original transmission was a 4-speed manual and that the rear axle ratio was 3.50:1.
Professionally-built Race Engine completed and installed 2014
- Foundation - Roush Racing Iron Dart Block with “289 stroke” thus Vintage Legal
- Oliver Rods, and JE Pistons
- Iron World Products Heads (Roush 200)
- Edelbrock Intake (aluminum)
- Road Racing Holley 750 cfm
- Carter Mechanical Racing Fuel Pump
- Current configuration dynos 481 HP
- This configuration with Racing Stepped Headers and Full-race Carb has previously made 519 HP
Ford Toploader Close-Ratio 4-Speed Transmission (Complete Rebuild & Detail April 2014)
- As original, 1-1/16” Close-ratio Input Shaft and 28-Spline Output Shaft
- Professionally rebuilt to original transmission specs with David Kee Toploader Transmissions, Inc. parts by Magnus Racing Products, Danielson, CT
- Any part showing wear was replaced with new parts, as well as, installing Road Racing Rebuild Kit.
- Tilton Racing Clutch, 7-1/4” Dual Disc with reinforced manual linkage
NOTE: Transmission checked, rear seal installed, & new fluids by Magnus Racing (Spring 2016)
Hurst Competition Plus 4-Speed Shift Assembly and Hurst-specific Mounting Kit
Ford 9-Inch Rearend with 3.89:1 Rear Axle Ratio (Completely Rebuild, Detail, and Install May 2014)
- Professionally rebuilt by Magnus Racing Products
- New Moser Engineering, 28-Spline Axle Shafts (26 and 30in. Direct Fit), 1541H Alloy Steel with new pressed in 3” ARP Racing Wheel Studs
NOTE: 9-Inch Rearend upgraded to custom 31-Spline Moser Axles, new True-Trac differential,
and bearings (Spring 2016)
Complete MSD Electronic Ignition system
- a MSD large-cap distributor
- MSD Ignition System with dial RPM limiter
- MSD High Vibration Blaster Coil.
Note, original wiring very worn and spliced, so original-style wiring replaced
(American Wire Company products) throughout the entire car, for safety.
- Ceramic coated Hedman cross-over design headers to all stainless steel 2-1/2” exhaust with stainless steel resonators, and side exiting pipes.
Suspension & Brakes
- Racing Kelsey-Hayes style 12” Racing Front Brake system
- Racing Front Suspension with Koni Shocks
- Road Race Rear Leaf Springs & Koni Shocks
- Cal-Trac Under-ride Rear
- Shelby-size 10 x 2-1/2” Rear Drum Brakes with Porterfield Racing Brake Compound
- All new brake lines installed during build
- All new racing fuel lines with modified routing for safety, over $1,500 in cost
- Fuel Safe Pro Cell, Mustang top load Fuel Cell, 22 gallon capacity, setup for Road Racing
Dates on Fuel Cell components current for racing
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS on SHIPPING:
Seller willing provide contacts for U.S. coast to coast and other transport.
Seller willing to provide enclosed transport for a reasonable fee within 500 miles upon full payment of vehicle and transport cost.
This vehicle is also being sold locally.
Detailed and/or Lengthy Technical Questions feel free to call (860) 537-9183 and leave name and phone number, email@example.com
Otherwise questions will be answered via ebay
Thank you and best of luck!
On Aug-17-16 at 17:53:01 PDT, seller added the following information:
UPDATED INFO. (8/17/2016):
For those of you detail oriented, you may notice that the gauges are of mixed manufacturer's (Carroll Shelby and Autometer). The highest bidder / new owner will have his or her choice of the two, if they wish, so a set of one or the other.
For those interested in vintage racing, this race car is entered in this year's Historics Festival at Lime Rock Park over the Labor Day weekend. The winning bidder / new owner, if before then, and has a vintage or appropriate racing license, will receive my entry and fee (Cost was $600). Further the car has be prepared for the weekend's event.
Also, not sure how to change shipping to locations, so know that I have not left out, Europe, Japan, etc.
Good Sunday morning / afternoon / evening
In light of a person's inquiry about track support with this '65 Mustang Race Car.
I have decided to offer a unique opportunity to "ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS". If a buyer agrees to pay the "Buy it Now" price of $65,000 by the end of this auction, I am quite confident I arrange to have a crew member provide personalized track support by a Professional, Top-Rated Vintage Race Shop.
So the inclusive, track support will be for Friday, Saturday, and Monday of the 2016 Historics Festival at Lime Rock Park. I will deliver the Race Car to the Buyer, either at the track, Thursday morning of that week, or at an earlier date to an agreeable location in Connecticut. The Race Car will be delivered as listed in description with full fuel load.
Note, as earlier stated, this Buyer will have to have or have a driver with an appropriate racing license, and that the entry fee is also included in the "Buy It Now Price".
Please note that this "Buy It Now" price does not include consumable and/or supplemental items, such as fuel, extra tires, brakes, or any other parts or items (list not all inclusive).
As the entry fee allows the driver, and 3 crew members admission to the park and race facility; I request that I be allowed one crew member entry to the park to see the new owner and driver enjoy this unique weekend!