1989 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback 2-Door 5.0L Maroon/Grey
Price: US $6,800.00 Item location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: 5.0 GT
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: GT Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 27,057
- VIN: 1fabp42e8kf212977
- Color: Maroon/Grey
- Engine size: 5.0L 302Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 GTUp for auction is this one-of-a-kind, unmolested, 5.0, 410 Ford gear Fox-Body Mustang. I just put brand new Cooper Tires, It's oil is changed, and I will be waxing it for it's new owner this week.
I know, you are probably thinking "Why?" if you are even looking at this. This is my Mustang. I have owned it4 years. I have personally put 5000 miles on it. When I bought it here off eBay motors, it had just short of 23000 miles. It's beautiful. You can see it's lack of age in the interior and the engine. It has none of the stress leaks in the frame which often plaguefoxbody mustangs . I will miss it. The car is pure joy, but I decided to buy a new Ford Lariat. This car deserves to be owned by someone who will show it off and appreciate it. I do appreciate it, but I have little time for the latter.
It has been in multiple shows. Its has been consistently garaged. I have drove itregularly over the last 8 months without issue. I had it's check up done before driving it more oftenand Ford said "Oh My God, it's practically brand new! Let your pony run!!" It's a rarity and I enjoy watching people who know what they see appreciate it. It was untitled for almost 12 years when in Wisconsin, before the last owner in Texas before me bought it. I wish I could tell you why, but I cannot. Last owner also did not know why. I can tell you that the original purchaser was a Ford employee and bought it through the employee program. I am going to take a morbid guess and say it might have been part of an estate after a death. You can verify movement/titlesthrough theCarfax.
* Original Ford paperwork from first purchase. (Great items if you like to show. People enjoy)
* Spare tire intact.
* Extra tire to mount to rim. (because you probably shouldn't use the spare)* Has very few body dings; what you expect for a 27 yo collectors vehicle.
* Includes SunRoof glass case. (Roof is removable)
* Includes original red floor mats.* Includes current plastic "Ford" mats.
* Brand new Cooper Tires with warranty through Discount Tires with warranty Cert.
* 1 month old oil change
* Brand new battery.* Original cassette radio.* Other things I am most likely forgetting.
Unoriginal pieces I am aware of:1. 4.10 Ford gear from standard2. Glass packs on exhausts.
Things I improved:* Changes all side-board mounting nails to eliminate side board and hatch"shake".* Fixed ashtray spring.* LoJack
Things I think it could use:1. Rear seal eventually, leaks occasionally with weather change.2. Passenger door locking mechanics. (electrical)3. New speakers? This is debatable! I believe in keeping it original.4. Replace visors.
Yes, I will answer questions by email ASAP. I will not answer questionsalready answered through the listing or repeats.Please don't email me barter deals. This vehicle is for serious buyers only.
Winner will need to arrange for vehicle shipping or come get the vehicle in Texas. I will work collectively with buyer to make sure this car makes it to shipper safe in a fair amount of time. Title/Keys/Importants will come "Next Day" mail to payer once funds are received.