Rotisserie Restoration, T-5 Built For The Export Market, Marti Report, GT Model,
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- SubModel: T-5
- Trim: T-5 G/T Fastback
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 13,195
- VIN: 9T02H180378
- Color: Wimbledon White
- Engine size: 351 Windsor
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Red Kiwi
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Other T-5
1969 FordT-5GT Fastback
Rotisserie Restoration, T-5 Built For The Export Market, Marti Report, GT Model, Sport Deck Rear Seat, Rare
Want to see 184 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Owner has 4 Mustangs, and loves to drive them! Bought this unique car as the T-5 story is so special of a story. He feels this one on the other hand is just too nice to drive as much, and has decided to sell. Rotisserie Restoration Preformed in early 2000 and completed in 2010. It was purchased from the daughter of the gentleman who had the restoration performed. There we only 173 – 1969 T-5 Fastback built, and they are the rarest of Fastback models! (See Marti Report)
9 = 1969
T = Metuchen, New Jersey
02 = Fastback
H = Optional 250 H.P. 351 C.I. V8 2 bbl
63A = Sports roof Standard
M = Wimbledon White
2D = Red Vinyl Bucket Seats
14C= March 14th
92 = Import
6 = 3:00.1
180378 = Unit Number
Engine Block Number-
Our research indicates that a 1968 -1969 Windsor 351 engine should have the following block numbers. If you review pictures 159 – 162 on our website, that may in fact be the numbers on this engine.
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes above are correct.
* The paint is smooth, shiny, and matches well all the way around.
* The paint is definitely high quality, and we don’t see any imperfection. The finish is not showing typical orange peel.
* We don't see any scratches in the paint.
* The burgundy stripe is painted on, and professionally done.
* We saw one small nick on the left front wheel well opening, and one below the drivers door handle.
* The body is very straight, and was expertly prepared prior to repaint.
* During the restoration there were some replacement panels used.
* The fits and gaps on the doors, hood, and trunk are fairly consistent. There is a gap on the left side of the trunk that is tighter than usual. (see pics)
* On the drivers door, about a 12 inches down, below the mirror there is a slight dimple.
* In taking random readings around the car on each metal panel, we found that the paint was mostly in the area of 10 to 15 mils. This is common for a quality restoration paint.
* The bright work surrounding the front and side windows all appears to be all fastened and secured firmly. It shows very light wear, and a quality polishing would bring it back to almost new.
* The bright work on the rear window frame, and the molding right below does have slightly more wear and slight pitting, as well as a little scrapping on the right side.
* The front and rear bumpers look like that of a car just a couple years old.
* There is some sealer around the stainless surrounding the fastback window, that may have been to keep moisture out.
* There is some pitting on the gas filler cap assembly, door handles, and the bezel surrounding the grill.
* All four side windows and the rear glass all have the “Car Lite” emblem, and the windshield has no emblem.
* All of the glass looks nice and clear, and we don't see any discoloring, delamination, bull-eyes, cracks, or wiper wear.
* There are a couple of pin head size nicks in the windshield from normal driving.
* The side glass is very clear with only some light scratching, and 3 to 4 light scratches on the rear glass. (see pics)
* Car needs new wiper inserts.
* The interior looks much as you would expect it to look originally, with the exception of a cassette radio and newer style floor mats.
* The headliner has good color, and all the seams are nice and tight, with a little light wrinkling at the corners in the rear.
* The panels surrounding the interior lights are in place with very close to the same color as headliner.
* The sun visors are matching the headliner and all have good padding inside, and are solid.
* The seats and door panels all look fairly new with good color.
* The carpeting has lots of wear left, and is covered by matching mats.
* The gauges show minimal wear and dirt.
* The last small section of carpet in the cargo area has faded from sun exposure, which is common and could be fairly easily be recolored or replaced if desired.
* There are lap belts and shoulder belts in the front section.
* The base for the gear shift does have light pitting.
* The trunk is all painted, with the correct gas tank mounted in the center.
* The trunk has a nice cut cover, to cover the metal floor.
* The car does include a jack, but does not include a tire and wheel.
Tires and Tires -
* Grand Am Radial GT
* We did not see any cracking on the tires, but we did notice a developing issue on the right rear tire. (see pics)
* The caps, trim rings, and tires appear to have no damage, with the exception of a small scuff on the left front. (see pics)
* Left Front- 225-70-147/32Tread Remaining
* Right Front- 225-70-147/32Tread Remaining
* Left Rear- 225-70-147/32Tread Remaining
* Right Rear- 225-70-147/32Tread Remaining
Engine and Transmission-
* Under the hood area looks as it would have been designed, thought it appears to have replacement shocks, a Bosch battery.
* A couple of the clips that are designed to fasten the hood insulation need replaced.
* The floor and the chassis structures do not show any rust perforation that is obvious.
* The bottom was painted during the restoration however with some age you will see some light surface rust on some of the components, but most has held up very well.
* In the area of the rear springs, and their mounting in the front, it looks like there might be a little repair on the box supports in that area. (look carefully at pictures)
* There is little bit of dampness around the oil pan, and possible seepage near rear main, transmission, and the rear end. Nothing much more than normal seepage, and no puddling.
* The right front tie rod boot does have a little split in it, but it is obvious a lot of time and effort went into the bottom side of this vehicle.
Chad drove the car for 10 to 15 miles. The car seemed to run very smooth, and correctly without any improper engine noises. The transmission seemed to up shift, and down shift as it should. Upon braking it seems to stop well, and did not pull to one side or the other and without pulsation. Steering down the road was fairly typical for a gear box, thought it handled the road very nice with the addition of the radial tires. Its a very fun car to drive, and the sound is nice yet not to loud. Owner services car as needed, and changes oil every year. Owner uses non ethanol 91 octane fuel. The odometer section on the title shows “Exempt”.
* Bumper Guards
* Dash lights do not work
* Radio does not work
* Clock does not work
* Horn does not work
* Windshield wipers work
* Washers we didn't test them
* Heater temperature levels seem to be working, but the fan is not
* Driver and Passenger vents open and close
* Left side control mirror works
* Brake lights work
* Taillights work left and right
* All 4 headlights work on low and high beam
* Left and right, front and back turn signals are working
* Marker lights on rear quarters are both working
* Back up lights are working
* 4 way flashers are working
* We did not check the emergency brake but we know it does not work correctly
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
Bank to bank wire transfers to seller’s account
Cashier’s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle’s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier’s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.