1979 Ford F-150 Ranger XLT Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door 7.5L
Price: - Item location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-150
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Ranger XLT Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 56,000
- VIN: F15JUEG2983
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 7.5L 460Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Ford F-150Hello,
I purchased this truck a little over a year ago and I would keep it if I had a garage! It was a special order from the Marshall Mize Ford Dealership in Chattanooga as this engine was not available stock in this truck during that year. The original owner ordered all the extra chrome trim, bed rails and pinstriping. I have the original bill of sale, the original title, and presumably all service records. I am the 4th owner, but the second and third owners only acquired the truck in 2015 from the original owner and owned it for a few months combined. I have a clear title in my name ready to transfer to the new owner.
1979 Ford F150 Ranger XLT Long bed
460 V8 with 4 barrel carb
Original window tint
Original carpet and pads (some fading)
Original seat cover with a few small tears towards the driver's side (I have a blanket cover on it now)Das pad cover has been installed since I purchased it. The dash is in excellent condition, no cracks or sun damage
Either 56 or 156k miles (but I'd estimate 56k based on the service records which go up to 44k miles)
New brake booster, master cylinder and brake adjustment in May 2016
Oil and oil filter change ~ 1000 miles ago in December 2015
New shocks and tires in December 2015
Some new chrome windshield trim and some new window seal rubber in January 2016
Runs very smoothly (no problems at highway speeds, drives and brakes in a straight line) 99% original paint that polishes up really well (the rear passenger side corner was touched up after a dent was popped out and there is some touch up paint (and some minor flaking paint) on the vents on the hood.
Aftermarket chrome rims
Aftermarket 1980s Pioneer radio with new speakers installed in January 2016
Has trailer hitch
1) Minor leak at steering column inlet of power steering box (I have the new seals but they are not installed yet...I add some fluid about every 2 weeks)
2) AC not cooling (compressor runs but needs to be recharged with R12 or converted to R134)
3) A few minor rust spots (worst are two small areas below the rear window...all the rest is surface) and some paint chips/small dents
4) One door light sensor is wearing out and needs to be replaced (overhead light flickers over big bumps and in cold weather)
5) Washer fluid pump runs but the lines may be clogged
6) Cruise control unit is intact (to my knowledge) but is not working
7) Parking brake needs cable reattached to pedal
Overall, the truck is an excellent driver, good platform for minor improvements and got me through the winter without ever failing to start! It starts up really well when cold with one gas pump and requires one or two pumps when hot.
Please ask any questions you may have prior to bidding. It is sold without any warranties or guarantees and the sale will be final. The truck is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the auction early. I am willing to assist the buyer with shipping arrangements if desired, but payment for this service and coordination with the shipping company will be the responsibility of the buyer. I would not hesitate to drive the truck home in its current condition, but due to its age, I cannot make any guarantees. I am willing to pickup the purchaser from the Chattanooga airport if you wanted to fly into the area and drive the truck home.
A non-refundable deposit of 1000$ is due within two days of the auction's close via Paypal (or cash/cashier's check in person). If payment is not received within the 48 hours timeframe, the truck will be relisted in another auction. Final payment is due before the truck is picked up and the title is transferred. I will only accept cash or cashier's check for the full payment. I will not accept personal checks. I am willing to continue holding the truck for up to 4 weeks until arrangements can be made to pick up the vehicle.