1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD 2DOOR CONVERTIBLE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: CONVERTIBLE
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 86,200
- VIN: 6Y85Z102649
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Thunderbird
1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD CONVERTIBLE
- This automobile is a well maintained 60’s era luxury cruiser.
- A fun summertime car used for parades & sunny day driving.
- A beautiful car, a head turner, for all raised in the 50’s & 60’s.
- Equipped w/Ohio historical plates, can legally be driven to car shows, repair shop and parades.
- When it is driven to a car show, it’s for the fun not the competition.
- Bid on this car if you desire a “daily driver”, not a show car.Buy it to drive & show off.
- This is a 50 year old car with 86k miles on odometer, well maintained, not restored.
- Exterior, interior and mechanicals are orginal.
- Current market values on this era tbird will not justify extensive restoration. Perhaps someday.
- The engine starts instantly, runs strong, oil pressure/water temperature normal.
- 3 speed Cruise-O-Matic transmission shifts fine.
- New fabric on the top. It operates as designed but spends 95% of time in trunk.
- Wipers, windows, heater and sequential turn signals all function.
- Tires, battery, rear mufflers & cloth top replaced in last 12 months.
- Driven to two events in Michigan last year, both 450 mile round trips. Ran fine.
- Can be driven 70 mph straight down freeway – hands off the wheel.
- Repainted in original Tahoe Turguoise several years ago.
- Paint looks great, several small chips to repair.
- Chrome is orginal and shines brillantly. It has slight crazing when viewed at 6 in distance.
- Undercarraige is solid, showing normal surface rust of a driven car.
- Sheetmetal patched in real wheel wells. Small 3” wide patchs on floor pan behind rocker panel.
- Radio has static & clock shows 11 o’clock.
- For a smile… this car is not the one launched into the Grand Canyon by Thelma & Louise.On Jul-30-16 at 07:36:48 PDT, seller added the following information:
Couple YouTube videos...https://youtu.be/4206euQqBvQhttps://youtu.be/LsLcTXHkt0cOn Jul-30-16 at 11:57:10 PDT, seller added the following information: