1969 Ford Bronco Custom Restored
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- SubModel: Sport
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Sport
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 932
- Color: Primer
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Spray in bed liner
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Bronco Sport
| 1969 Ford Bronco Custom Restored |
You are looking at a 1969 Ford Bronco that has had a frame off restoration. The body and frame where blasted and all rust was replaced with new metal in 2006. Then the underside, inside, and under hood areas were all coated with spray in bedliner. It has the original 302 V8, 3 speed manual transmission, dana 20 transfer case, and 9” rear end all of which were professionally rebuilt in 2009. A Hurts kit moved the shifter from the column to the floor plus the Dana 20 was converted to a twin stick and upgraded to the extreme duty output shaft. The original front end was swapped for a Dana 44 out of a 1975 and both were upgraded to 456 gears with lockers. Both drive shafts were replaced with extreme duty extended versions and as you can see in the photos the entire undercarriage was blasted and painted before reassembly. The engine was professionally machined and rebuilt using all new Lunati parts which claim to produce right at 400HP. Every part of the suspension has been replaced with new components including all new bushing and bolts. It was upgraded to power steering / power brakes plus all four corners were converted to disc brakes with all new stainless steel lines. It has a new 23 gallon fuel tank with braided stainless hoses. The front fenders, grille, hood, and doors are all fiberglass. All the holes were filled in the dash and new Auto Meter gauges were installed. It has a Flaming River tilt steering column with quick release wheel. All new Painless Wiring was installed. The front bumper, rear bumper, and roll cage where all professionally powder coated and new Corbeau suspension seats where installed. Pro Comp alloy 20” chrome wheels with Pro Comp Xterrain 37” x 13.5” tires. Aside from paint the project was completed in 2010 and since that time it has collected 932 miles.
For those of you considering building a Bronco lets go over a few costs
1) Vehicle itself $5,000 - $15,000
2) Rebuilt 400HP Engine $3,500
3) Rebuild / upgrade original drivetrain $4,000
4) Body panels for rust removal $3,000
5) Suspension $2,000
6) Interior $2,500
7) Bumpers/Roll Bar $2,500
8) 20” Wheels / 37” Tires $4,000
9) Custom parts / bedliner $7,000
10) About 900 man hours of labor
11) Paint ???
The shops that build Early Bronco’s to this standard start at $70,000 for a finished project.
That I know of this Bronco has three issues.
1) The hood fits horribly. It’s bowed in both directions, the front doesn’t line up, and the cowl hits the windshield when opened. Definitely needs to be replaced before paint.
2) The front parking lights shine when the brakes are applied. Should be a simple fix I just haven’t gotten around to it.
3) Been parked too long. Needs to be driven.Contact Rob at 800-852-8277 for any questions or it is available to be inspected at my business Lookout Mountain Tarp located at 1468 Alabama 157, Cullman, AL 35058. Videos
How much does shipping cost?The vehcile is available with free local pickup. Shipping is not included but we would be happy to meet and assist any shipping company you hire.