1917 Ford Model T Touring Hot Rod (steel,built in 1953) with 322 Buick Nailhead
Price: US $22,500.00 Item location: East Setauket, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Model T
- Trim: Hot rod (built 1953) w/ Buick nailhead (Touring)
- Year: 1917
- Mileage: NA
- Engine size: 322 Buick with 3 Stromberg 97s on Offy manifold
- Drive type: Buick Dynaflow, torque tube and 32 Ford Banjo rear
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1917 Ford Model T1917 Ford Model T Touring hot rod.
- Built in 1953 by Fred Gerhardt, a famous California-based hot rod and Indy car builder.
- 1953 Buick 322 nailhead V8.
- 3 Stromberg 97 carburetors mounted on an aluminum Offenhauser manifold.
- Custom lake pipes with removable baffles.
- Sale includes original white organ pipe exhaust (not installed on car - removed due to some perforation that could be TIG welded)
- 1953 Buick Dynaflow.
- Heavy duty transmission cooler under the floorboards (original to the build).
- Ford Torque Tube.
- 1932 Ford banjo rear axle with 4:10 gears.
- NOS axles and spider gears.
- 1948 Ford hydraulic brakes at all four corners.
- 1932 Ford Heavy front axle.
- Sectioned 1949 Ford dashboard.
- Rear tube shocks.
- Front Houdaille friction shocks.
- New Coker big and little tires.
- Ford spoke wheels.
- 12 volt negative ground.
- 12 volt Buick/GM generator.
- Master electrical shut-off.
- New heavy duty battery.
- Custom 15 gallon fuel tank hidden behind rear seat.
- Full custom Naugahyde interior with custom wooden framework.
- Vintage box-type directional and four-way flashers.
- Ignition safety kill switch.
- Model T rear spring.
- Custom tube frame with Model T rear stub.
- '39 Chevy headlight bucket frenched into body for drag link.
- '49 Ford steering box.
- Body channeled 3" over frame.
- Body and steel subframe suspended over frame to create a rigid monocoque (was designed and built by race car builder) - rear doors welded shut and frenched in to body.
- California black plates with 1979 stickers.
- 2 psi electric fuel pump booster with separate keyed security switch.
- Car is sorted.
The car rides nicely and handles incredibly well. It is very quick. It is also very smooth with the Dynaflow transmission - no shock to the driveline.
This vehicle has patina. There are cosmetic flaws due to age, storage, and use. It is NOT a rat rod. It was built to the highest contemporary standards in 1953 using the materials and techniques of the time. Many custom-built chrome-plated parts. The work that has been performed during my ownership has been to make the car usable with the least disruption to the original. Take-offs were bagged and boxed and are included with the sale.
Sold as is, where is with no warranty or returns. Local pickup only. Must be picked up within 10 days of sale.Contact me for payment methods to pay on pickup.