1933 Ford truck
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other Pickups
- Year: 1933
- Mileage: 200
- VIN: 111222333
- Color: White
- Engine size: Flathead
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1933 Ford Other PickupsThis is a 1933 Ford truck that has been restored relatively back to stock, and then treated with a So Cal hot rod look. It runs and drives great as a 1933 vehicle should, but with much better braking. The 1937 Flathead starts and runs every time, and the 3 speed transmission shifts great. A lot of work has gone into this truck from the restoration that was done by the previous owner years ago, to the work I've put into it to give it the right look and stance. This truck is a huge head turner, with great nostalgic looks.
The engine and transmission are from a 1937 Lincoln from what the previous owner shared with me. The Flathead is the 221 cu in, 21 stud, with stock heads, an Offenheuser dual intake, and (2) 97 style carburetors. The carbs and fuel pump were recently rebuilt, and currently have no issues with them. We have installed a new set of Fenton headers, and a set of Porter mufflers.
The cab is an original Henry Ford steel 1933 cab and in great condition. The hood & hood sides, bed, tailgate, and running boards are steel as well. The four fenders and grill are fiberglass. All were painted to match at the time of the original restoration was done, which was about 10-12 years ago. The truck then sat under a very large shed at the body shop of the original owner for a number of years. This has created some patina in the paint that you will see in some of the pictures. There is no rust through spots anywhere that I can find and its a really solid truck. The only thing that was not completed during the restoration was that the previous owner did not fit the hood sides to the fenders, and they would need some additional work to make them fit. They do come with the truck, as does theoriginalsteel hood. The hood was actually on the truck when I got it, but I removed it for theno hood look. I can be easily installed back with the hinges that I'll include.
The braking and electrical system has been completely updated recently. When we did the suspension work to lower the truck and give it the proper hot rod stance, we installed the So-Cal Speed Shop entire front end with the hidden Wilwood disc brakes. We then went to Early V8 and got their dual master cylinder setup, and installed it under the floorboard. All new brake lines were run, and then new reproduction 1940 Lincoln baking plates and rear drums were installed. At the same time, the entire truck was rewired with a brand new Rebel wiring harness and all new wiring was ran throughout the truck. A battery kill switch was also installed inside the truck for security purposes. Brand new turn signals, and brake lights were also installed.
Recently I sent the entire rear end, including the differential, out to Hot Rod Works in Caldwell, Idaho to have them completely rebuild the rear end. They rebuilt and updated the differential and installed new 3:73 gear set, as well as machined and installed their hardened bearing kits over the original 1937 axle tubes.
Here are some more detailed items about the truck:
· 1933 Original Ford steel truck cab, older full body off restoration.
· 1933 Original Ford chassis
· 1937 Lincoln Flathead 221 ci (21 stud) & 3 speed transmission
· Offenhauser dual aluminum intake with 2 Ford 97 carbs, carbs just rebuilt
· New Rebel wiring harness, and completely new 12 volt wiring throughout
· New Stewart Warner gauges
· New retro style turn signal, lights, and brake lights
· 1940 Ford reproduction steering wheel
· Early V8 Dual master cylinder & brake kit, includes 1940 rear backing plates and drums
· SoCal 4” drop front axle
· Front drop totals around 7 inches, rear dropped around 5 inches, which gives it a great traditional hot rod rake and stance
· SoCal hidden drums on the front with Wilwood dual piston front caliber & discs
o Stainless front backing plates
o Die cast aluminum alloy drum covers
o Integrated cast stainless steel inlet brake scoops
o Brand new stainless CNC aluminum hubs, & new bearings & seals
· New Fenton styled headers
· New Porter mufflers
· Brand new Smoothie rims (15 x 4.5 fronts – 16 x 6 rears)
· Brand new 1934 Ford center caps
· Brand new Diamond Back Blackwall Smoothy tires
o 165/80R15 fronts
o 225/75R16 rears