1956 Ford Thunderbird Street Rod
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 2,595
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 350 GM
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 700 R4 Automatic
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: Cream
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Ford Thunderbird
1956 Thunderbird Resto-Mod
An Iconic American Beauty
This ’56 classic T-Bird resto-mod is prepped and ready for summer cruising with an updated chassis and drive train. Its “Scarlet Fever” paint job and beautiful custom “cappucino cream” interior makes it an instant eye-catcher whether it’s cruising down the highway or pulling into the local "show 'n shine".
This cruiser has undergone a frame-off reconstruction. The frame was fitted with a Heidts power rack & pinion front end assembly with power disc brakes. The original Y-Block was replaced with a 350 GM 330 HO crate engine connected to a 700 R4 transmission. The rear end assembly is from a ’79 Granada equipped with 2:47 highway gears. The front and rear stance are two inches lower which gives it a “cool modern cruising” appearance.
The engine is fed by a 600 Holley carburetor and exhausts through tube headers with stock mufflers. It is cooled by a heavy duty aluminum radiator equipped with an external puller fan and an additional switched auxiliary pusher fan. This all sits in a nicely detailed engine compartment.
The interior cabin consists of comfortable leather adjustable seats, and a GM tilt column with a custom Pilot steering wheel. The instrument cluster contains all functional Stewart-Warner gauges and the tunes are provided by a Sony CD player. While the in-dash mounted air-conditioner provides cool comfort, no heater is available. The console mounted shifter is from B & M, and a curtain-covered shelved storage area is located behind the seats.
The trunk area is fully carpeted and provides concealed storage for the jack assembly and relocated battery. The spare tire, of course, is housed in the recognizable continental kit.
While showing minor age-related paint and body flaws, the paint is bright and shiny and the flaws do not detract from the car’s over-all appearance. Chrome and trim quality is very good showing only minor scuffs. The glass throughout is in great condition. The 215 X 70 X 15 BF Goodrich Silvertown radials are not new, but show very little wear.The removable port hole hardtop has nearly new weather stripping all around and a very nice fitting headliner. The gravel guard equipped fender skirts fit nicely and give the car its famous long, low sporty Thunderbird appearance.
Although this car is not a “fresh” restoration, it is a SUPER DRIVER quality automobile with modern conveniences and dependability. The upgrades have made the car quicker and way more fun to drive.
In 1956,only 15,631 Thunderbirds were produced. Although this car has been updated, its outward appearance still resembles the beautiful original production model. Don’t miss this opportunity to own and enjoy an improved piece of American history.
For more information, you may contact Jim @ 405-373-3303.
1. Vehicle may be sold prior to the end of the auction. We reserve the right to end the auction early or to cancel bids solely at our discretion and shall not be held liable for such cancellation. You must be at least 18 years old to bid. Also, if feedback score is low, please contact us before bidding.
2. The winning bidder is required to contact us within 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize the details and make a $1000.00 paypal deposit. Any refunds of deposit will be at our sole discretion and are not guaranteed.
3. If winning bidder does not submit a deposit within 24 hours of auction close, the vehicle may be made available to the next highest bidder or another qualified bidder on a first come, first serve basis.
4. For balance of payment, we will accept wire transfer (preferred), cashier's check, or cash. Vehicle shipment and title transfer will be delayed until method of payment is verified.
5. We have represented this vehicle to the best of our ability. Prospective bidders are encouraged to contact us directly to receive additional information or to request a personal inspection. All inspections will be made by appointment only.
6. WE ENCOURAGE BIDDERS TO VISUALLY INSPECT THE VEHICLE, EITHER PERSONALLY OR BY REPRESENTATIVE, PRIOR TO COMPLETION OF BIDDING TO HELP INSURE YOUR SATISFACTION.
7 This vehicle is sold "as is, where is" with no warrantees expressed or implied. Mileage listed is assumed to be since rebuild.
8. Final and winning bid price does not include shipping, tax, title, or registration fees. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any state or local taxes and shipping expenses resulting from the sale.
9. We can assist you with arrangements for loading the vehicle, but will not be responsible for providing shipping. We assume no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once the vehicle is in the shipper's custody.
10. We assume no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, expenses, or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein.