Marti Report, Built For Export, Sport Wheels, Original Style Tires, Fastback
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: T-5 GT 390 Fastback
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: 2-Dr
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 56,548
- VIN: 7T02S214691
- Color: Vintage Burgundy
- Engine size: 390 C.I.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Ford T-5 GT 390 Fastback
1967 Ford T-5 GT 390 Fastback
Marti Report, Built For Export, Sport Wheels, Original Style Tires, Fastback with Folding Rear Seats, 390 C.I. Engine, Stock Specs, 1967 Engine
Want to see 203 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
This car is professionally, and beautifully restored in every way right down to the proper red zinc under coating. A unique GT model with a 390 C.I. is just another reason this car is so special. Believed to be 1 of 1 per documents. So many Mustangs where built, but only so many where exported, or a GT-390. People love Mustangs but imagine owning one of the rarest of all Fastbacks models. Only built for over seas delivery and is truly an amazing story, and one that everybody at the car shows wants to know about. Records indicate car was completely restored in 1989, and at that time was equipped with a 427 engine. The current owner bought her in the late 1990's, later on owner tweaked car with proper engine size (390 C.I.) and hood, and freshened in approximately 2005-2006.
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes below are correct.
7= Metuchen, New Jersey
02= 2 Door Fastback
S= 390 V8 4 bbl.
05AR= Top loader Transmission #'s located above the rods/ shifter
63A= Standard Fastback Standard Interior Bucket Seats
X= Vintage Burgundy
2U= Parchment Standard
* The paint is extremely smooth, shiny, and expertly done.
* The paint is so expertly polished that even up to the very edges it is perfectly smooth without any detection of typical orange peel. It is just fabulously done with no excuses.
* It seems to all match just as it should and even closely looking at it in high florescent lighting, you just don’t see any flaws in the application of this paint.
* Current owner did receive car with current paint, but he did have the hood and the trunk repainted.
* We could not find any scratches, and the only few slight nicks that we could find were in the rear quarter simulated lower venting where it extends out a little bit at the back. You could not help but to pick up a few nicks from the front tires. (See Pics)
* There maybe a couple pinhead size nicks some where but we did not detect them.
* The body is very nice and straight and we where not able to detect any dents or creases anywhere on the body.
* Possibly not laser straight but possible as you would expect this car to look like when it was manufactured, very original and correctly done.
* The gaps in the doors, hood, and trunk all look very much as you would expect them to look in that day. (See Pics)
* In going around the car and taking a couple samples at each panel. It would appear the upper paint surfaces (Per the gauge) appear to be in the 6-8 mils area with the sides being slightly higher. Reading around the wheel wells being slightly higher and the trunk as well with the repaint.
* We can see that the paint depth is in a safe range, of where you would expect it to be. We did not find any area where metal was not detected.
* All of the bright work appears to be secured and positioned correctly.
* The stainless and chrome that surrounds the window glass would be explained as secured well and looking good though showing slight age.
* Front and rear bumpers, chrome bezels surrounding lighting, the wheel opening moldings, the lower stainless, and the door handles all look like about as close to new as you can imagine them to be.
* On the vent windows chrome surrounding pieces, there is that typical extremely light almost unnoticeable pitting that can be detected.
* There are a couple little dimples on both vertical pieces on the windshield and a few light scratches behind the passenger window. (See Pics)
* This glass has survived very well!
* The side vents, side windows, and the rear window all have the “Car Lite” logo, and the windshield is “Guardian”.
* All of the glass is nice and clear showing very little wear.
* We don’t see any discoloring of the glass and we do not see any delamination, including the outside edges.
* We did not detect any bulls-eyes on the glass anywhere, or crack, nor do I see any wiper wear.
* Looking at the rear glass at just the right angle you will pick up a couple of extremely light 2-3 inch scratches. On the drivers side window there is a tiny nick that is smaller than the head of a pin. You may also detect the windshield has one little noticeable ½ inch scratch.
* It appears as though it is just as it was designed new.
* We do not detect anything that is modified from original design.
* All of the vinyl areas (including seating) look extremely fresh, newer, and are very supple with great color, and no noticeable wear.
* The headliner as well as the visors do not show any age, and all the seams are pulled tight in a like new fashion.
* The carpet is all intact, and the black coloring of the carpet is still very rich with the exception of a touch of fade in the typical rear area.
* The gauges are nice and clean and show virtually no wear at all, and the plastic areas look nice and shiny as well.
* In the pictures the third or back section of carpet on the inside luggage area looks slightly faded, but in person it looks like the other two sections.
* The trunk area is finished off very tastefully with tire cover, floor mat cut to fit and a matching bag.
* The trunk latch is very nicely detailed. Just like the wiring and clamps, that have great attention to detail. The chromed hing and operation is also a nice touch.
* Pay close attention to the paint in the trunk jams and how nicely it is finished.
Tires and Wheels-
* All tires are Firestone Wide Oval Sup-R-Belts, and match
* Tires and wheels are a very striking combination with the white lettering, trim rings, and back ground color on a wheel with chrome.
* We did not see any damage to the tires or trim rings.
* All four wheels are nice and shiny, with excellent chrome condition. The coloring behind the wheel is all intact and very shiny, with just a couple light scraps on two of the wheels. (Very minimal) (See Pics)
* We did not see any cracking to the tires side walls, and no curb damage
Left Front- F70-148-9/32Right Front-F70-148-9/32
Left Rear- F70-148-9/32Right Rear- F70-148-9/32
Engine and Transmission-
* Looking under the hood, had you been a service man in 1967 stationed in Germany, and had ordered this car and gone to the Dealership. When you pop the hood this is about as close as you possibly could expect to it looking like it would have that day.
* Looking at the nuts, bolts, wires, parts, and the clips holding the weather stripping on, you can see the tremendous amount of attention to detail just like the rest of this car.
* It has the original, Ford style windshield wiper washer container, and auto lite battery.
* The owner indicated that this is a completely rebuilt engine approximately 200 miles ago. (390 Cubic Inch)
* To the best of his knowledge current owner installed the correct engine that belongs in this car.
* The underside/ bottom of this Mustang just reeks with attention to detail!
* The bottom has the same red zinc coating that they used on these cars when they where constructed, and you certainly can tell looking at the attention to detail on the bottom side that it is beautifully done.
* In the floor pans and or all support areas we did not see any rust perforation,
and do not notice any obvious repairs that where made.
* Look very closely at all of the seams, close up photos, original welds, the car is certainly in beautiful condition prior to the work being done.
* You can see how each component was meticulously restored to the up most detail.
* There is a little normal dampness of oil at the drive-train components, but nothing abnormal at all. (See Pics)
* Pay attention to each little fitted nut or bolt, and how each piece was individually restored before final assembly.
Test Drive- Chad drove car a couple miles. Car started and ran, steered, accelerated, braked, shifted, and clutch operation was just pretty much as it was designed to and appeared to all be proper.
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
Bank to bank wire transfers to seller’s account
Cashier’s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle’s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier’s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.