1972 FORD F-350 Dually DRIVER or Restoration NO RESERVE auction new tires!
Price: US $1,650.00 Item location: Boise, Idaho, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-350
- Type: Custom Cab
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 83,000
- VIN: F37YRP41057
- Color: White
- Engine size: 360 cid (FE Series, like 390)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: C-6 Automatic 3-Speed
- Drive type: DRW
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: Factory Disc Brakes, Heavy Duty Rear Springs, Factory Power Steering, Cab-Chassis
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Ford F-3501972 FORD F-350 1-ton Dually Cab-Chassis TRUCKDriver - New tires/brakes!
Up for no reserve auction is this 1972 Ford F-350 1-ton truck. Iacquiredthis beast from the previous owner, whom had simply too many projects! The benefit of it's sale is to the auction winner! This is a factory 1-ton Bumpside FORD, with original power steering, and disc front brakes! This is a heavy model with a bumped up GVW, suitable for legally towing those bigger loads. I'll quickly highlight the history, the good points, as well as the bad.
I specialize in locating 1967-1972 Ford pickups here in dry southern Idaho, and bringing them to a national market where you can find an affordable dry-climate rig. This is a very rust free truck, with exception of the items I'll detail momentarily. I'm quite familiar with these trucks, and know exactly what to look for in potential problem areas. Also, I am familiar with shipping these trucks all across the USA, coast to coast. I can assist in locating a reputable carrier for your transport, and thus I encourage long distance bidders. Iwill personally see that your questions and inquiries result in a satisfying purchase!I'll make every effort to take extra photos, or respond to any and all questions. So don't hesitate to inquire before bidding!!
The previous owner had a dump-bed on this truck. The truck was used and driven regularly, and had just been outfitted with new brakes throughout, and new 8.50x16.5 8 ply tires. (D Rating). The original red color was at one point painted over with a brown. However, the previous owner did a cheap white paint job, probably to increase curb appeal for his construction business. I didn't find any evidence of bondo or poor body work. Just paint. I have meticulously combed this truck for rust, or problem areas, and find few areas of concern, which will be detailed further in the description and in the photos. The floor boards / cab mounts and drip rails are all solid. The cab is in excellent condition, as well as the doors. The front clip shows minor dings, as the photos and video will indicate. The engine is believed to be the original 360cid V-8. However it could have been replaced with another FE series engine at some point. I haven't measured the stroke. She shows a bit of blue smoke, mostly under deceleration. Oil pressure is excellent, temps run cool. It might be a tired work-horse, no doubt, however she grunts hard, runs strong, and smooth. I've been chasing a bit of a lean condition at idle. Will probably have it corrected before it ships. There are no ticking lifters or bearing noise. Very quiet, very smooth. The engine has been through a routine tune-up as of 6/17/16, with fresh oil, plugs, cap/rotor and points, plug wires, and a carb rebuild. See the embeddedvideo for a walk-around, and engine running. The leaf springs with helpers are like new. Tight, stout. There is no frame or running gear damage. This truck is sold as a driving cab-chassis, similar to how Ford would have delivered it in '72. It's a very solid rig, with a lot of potential. My biggestcriticism on this truck is the paint!
- F37 = F-350 DRW chassis cab
- Y = 360cid V-8
- R = San Jose, California
- P41057 - S/N 41057 June of 1972
- Model = F372 - Heavy 1-ton
- Wheelbase = 159"
- 535 = Custom Body with Medium red / dark red vinyl interior
- G = Automatic Transmission, C-6
- 27 = Axle, Dana 70 with 4.10 gear ratio
- 8,300lb GVW
- DSO / Los Angeles
- Solid dually truck that's ready to roll!
- Excellent spring package for towing and heavy loads!
- New tires and brakes, including factory front discs!
- Possible restoration candidate with very minimal body damage or rust!
- Dime size rust holes on the inner rear cab corners. (closest to the frame).
- Dings and bruises from construction use.
- Tired V-8, that could use some fresh lungs. Veryrebuild-able.
- Flat white paint.
- Speedometer not currently working.
- F-O-R-D on the hood needs fasteners. Removed and stowed for the time being.
- Other minor cosmetic flaws. Dented driver side headlight bezel, dash cracked, etc.
-- NOTE --Most shipping quotes on this pickup are no different than a regular length F-250. The width is not significantly more, andoveralllength with no box is only about 18" more than a 131" wheelbase styleside pickup. Shipping this truck will be no issue at all for most carriers.
See Video!!Taken 6/17/2016
GOOD LUCK and HAPPY BIDDING!