1965 Mustang, with working A/C
Price: US $14,100.00 Item location: Austin, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Coupe
- Type: Coupe
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 54,540
- Color: Dark Brown Metallic
- Engine size: 302 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang CoupeLovely example of a true classic. This Mustang turns heads wherever it goes, super clean and well maintained. Since I took ownership I've invested about $6k and have receipts for all work done, less than 5k miles in last 12mths.
Interior and body work are in good condition, there is a very small amount of paint chipped on the corner of the rear drivers side, as shown in one of the photos, but it's barely noticeable when viewing the car. Originally a California car, there is no rust anywhere.
The lower engine block was replaced before I bought it with a 302ci V8, the best block Ford ever made in many peoples opinion, while the top end valve heads are still the original 1965 ones, stamped with the year. This 302/289 combination with 4bl Edelbrock carb results in extra torque. Automatic C3 transmission.
My intention was to keep this car for many years to come, and if I didn't have to sell it I truly wouldn't.
Here's a list of work I've had done since taking ownership:
- All engine valves adjusted and stem seals checked
- Manual oil pressure test and compression test performed
Further restoration and repairs carried out by Just Peachey Classic Auto Works, East Austin:
- Rebuilt steering and front suspension components with hi-performance parts
- Replaced rear suspension components
- Replaced steering assist drag link and associated hoses
- Replaced power steering pump, flushed and bled system
- R134a conversion carried out.
- Pulled under dash unit to check service for cause of shorting in a/c blower.
- Replaced blower switch and blower motor.
- Pulled lower apron on front to replace dryer
- Pulled compressor to drain old oil flushed condenser and evaporator core
- Replaced leaking discharge hose and high pressure side service fitting
Tuning work completed:
- Pulled carb and disassembled to inspect
- Reset float levels back to manufacturers specs
- Ran compression check (good at 150psi)
- Installed new spark plugs and wires
- Checked ignition timing
- Installed new Power Steering Pump and Hoses
- Installed New Starter Motor
- Installed New (Yellow Top) Battery
- SunTek CXP Window Film installed all round
- New Stereo fitted: Polk Audio Speakers & Bluetooth Amp
Trunk area is clean, no rust, good spare tire and tools.
I reserve the right to end the auction early as it's advertised locally too. Buyer is responsible for shipping, local collection possible. Car does not come with warranty, returns not accepted.
If possible you should see the car in person before buying - or send me a not and we can speak by phone.