1969 Ford Mustang Cobra Used Automatic
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 89,600
- VIN: 9R02R122073
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 428 V8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Mustang1969 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet For Sale in Waterford, Michigan 48329
Original "Double R" San Jose-built R-Code Cobra Jet Ram Air in Base Trim 63A Sportsroof - Not a Mach 1. Marti Reports Rare 1 of 4 built. 63A trim code is the entry level no frills look absent of exterior molding and faux woodgrain with dog dish caps and painted steel wheels. Marti report breaks down the build as follows; Of the 13,130 Cobra Jet engines not in Shelby Mustangs, only 465 went into 63A's (not Mach 1), 174 were Automatics, 126 power disc brakes, 39 tachometer, 21 competition suspension, 17 power steering, 7 tinted glass and 4 AM radio. Original Black Jade with Ivy Gold interior color was changed during an older restoration to a more main stream Red (believe it to be 1970 Mustang Code T Red) with Black Kiwi base interior trim. Left Quarter and Center Floor appear to have been replaced at the time the car was painted. Underbody is painted red oxide.
Original build sheet is framed along with Marti report. Build sheet codes are then defined in English. Same type of definition is shown using pics of id plates and casting pads for engine, transmission, and rear axle.
Content and parts level is highly original beyond color change. Engine block, heads, crankshaft, connecting rods all show date codes and part numbers that validate matching build date originality. Block has "C" scribe and reinforced webbing to main bearings. Engine shows prior rebuild with ARP connecting rod cap bolts. C6 and rear axle show date and part-matching codes to build sheet. Other date coding/part number originality shows in Intake and exhaust manifolds, oil pan, cooling fan, fuel pump,instrumentcluster and printed circuit mylar.
Everything works as originally intended...or better. Now the Upgrades that give "Day 2" look and improved safety and reliability overcoming technology available in the 1960's.
· Exterior appearance now has the period pieces including spoilers/slats/racing mirror look helping to visually lower and lengthen the side view.
· Interior has an updated AM radio that looks stock but has Aurora Design modern tuner giving AM/FM/MP3 capability.
· Taillamps are upgraded to LED technology with sequential stop and turn lighting - these are bright and visible in bright daylight. Headlamps are halogen units, new from Scott Drake.
· Front suspension has been completely modernized with Bilstein Coilovers, Shelby drop for mounting point of new upper tubular control arms, lower arms, adjustable strut rods - all returnable to original, there are drilled holes but zero cutting. Add to this modern suspension the 17" Vintage Wheels Works 5-spokes and Falken 235/45 and 255/45 3-season tires makes the transformation in spirited handling and secure feeling of being connected to the road simply amazing.
· OE power disc brakes have been rebuilt including new calipers, master cylinder, rear wheel cylinders, rotors and drums haven been turned and trued. OE brakes combined with above suspension and tires improves stopping performance.
· Fuel system has been rebuilt with new tank, sender, rubber/hard lines, rebuilt original pump, rebuilt service replacement Holly 735 (List 4609 Ford C9AF-9510-U).
· Cooling system has newly recored Service replacement radiator, new fan clutch, new pump, new hoses, new 180Deg t-stat. Observed operating temp maintains 190's range but below 200.
· Steering rebuild included pump (Lares Manufacturing), pressure and return hoses.
Cutting through all the words, this is a great looking period car that is reliable to drive to cruise nights and on the Power Tour. Must see and drive! Call (402) 502-8385 for more information.