1965 Mustang Coupe with 289 V8
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Coupe
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 52,000
- VIN: 5F07C759811
- Color: Blue
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
1965 Mustang (first full year of production), 289, 2 barrel carb. Mileage shows 52,000, but is unknown (I believe it is 252,000).
Manual steeringand manual breaks. Previous owner (son of original owner) restored interior (new seats, carpet), also painted it, did engine work (top-end re-build). There is no known bondo. Engine runs great. This is a "drive-away" vehicle.
Paid~7,000 and have spent ~9,000 on additionalfixes/upgrades.
Here is what I have done over last 5-6 years:
-Installed Krager type wheels,and new tires (wider in back) - I have original wheels/tires
- Dual exhaust with H-pipe (per factory spec), twin magnaflow mufflers
- New oil pan and gasket
- New intake manifold gasket
- Refurbished the radiator
- installed electronic ignition parts in distributor (replaced traditional points/condenser)
- new battery (installed within last year)
- new spark plugs
- regular oil changes
- Replaced 3 speed original transmission with 5 speed(T5)out of 1994Mustang (I have original 3 speed for next owner).
- New flywheel, pressure plate, clutch
- Re-fitted drive shaft trued and balanced (essentially entiredrive trainre-furbished)
- Some additional interior parts (to spec), including new stock steering wheel
- New gas tank and fuel sending unit (all gauges work)
- Wheel bearings in good condition, recently re-packed
- Brake drums/pads in good condition
Parking brake not currently connected. I have the new bracket that came with 5-speed transmission, but have never installed it (I use 2nd gear in park position).
Please contact me with questions or more pictures