1966 Ford Mustang Fastback Shelby Clone 289 Pony Interior
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Trim: black
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 100
- VIN: 6F09C263226
- Color: white
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang
Up for auction is this 1966 Mustang Fastback 289 with Pony interior, Automatic transmission, power steering, power front disc brakes, A/C, Pony interior car. I was building this car for a gentleman and for financial reasons he asked me to sell it for him. Here is all that has been done under my care. Please call with serious questions or to set up a time to see the car. 913-952-6200 thanks.
- The 289 is completely rebuilt and dated 6D15 block with C5AE casting number. It is bored .30 over, stock lifters and cam kit, Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb with automatic choke, and K Code dress up kit.
-The C4 automatic transmission has been completely rebuilt along with new U-joints in the driveshaft and rear end rebuild.
-The brakes are all new including all lines, hoses, wheel cylinders, shoes, and front SSBC power disc brake conversion.
-Exhaust system is new front to rear with GT valance and tail pipes.
-Fuel tank, sending unit and lines new.
-Power steering system has been rebuilt with new pump and hoses and control valve
-All suspension is new. 620 front lowering springs, new upper A arms and lower control arms, new rear leaf springs and shackles, all new Monroe shocks.
-New front windshield and new front and rear glass weatherstrip
The car comes with-
-New carpet kit
-All the original window trim
-A/C compressor and brackets which are not installed on the car
-rear sway bar-not installed
-used parts that were taken off
What the car needs to be finished-
-rear sheetmetal finalized and over all bodywork
-new upholstery and door panels
1. The title is a clear Missouri title
2. The quarter panels, outer wheel houses, and trunk floors were riveted and tack welded into place by the previous owner. These panels are new reproduction panels that are still good but need to be taken off, fitted properly, then welded into place by a professional. There has been no bodywork done so there are dings and dents that need fixed but all the panels are usable.
3. The car runs and drives. It has less than 100 miles on the drivetrain. The front end could use an alignment as this car has never been on the road since suspension replacement.
I'm probably forgetting a few things but the plan for the car was to build a Shelby clone since it's a factory Wimbledon white car. It is well on its way and needs to be finished. I would also be happy to discuss completing the car.