1966 Mustang Coupe HO 302
Price: US $11,500.00 Item location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 97,114
- VIN: 6T07C174985
- Color: Lincoln Pearl White
- Engine size: HO 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: C4 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang1966 Ford Mustang, originally a 289 car, swapped for a HO 302 from a 95 mustang. Bored.040 over, stock crank (balanced), forged pistons, all receipts from rebuilt available. Originally a C-code car out of NJ.
D 31717 M17 6T0C17493565A P D9
List of rebuilt/replaced/reworked items includes:
- New forward floor pans on driver and pax side- Rustproofing and sound deadening material applied to entire interior floor surfaces- New carpet- Seats refinished (small split has formed on driver's side)- Repainted interior- New tachometer and mechanical engine gauges- New voltage regulator- Disc brake conversion (CSRP) on front wheels- Completely new drum hardware in rear- Electronic Points Elimination Kit installed under distributor- Electric fan (currently wired to +12 continuous, or can be removed to run only with key on)- Edelbrock Performer Carb (600 CFM)- Edelbrock aluminum intake- New valve covers plus second set from original motor- Radiator Re-cored and neck re-positioned to accommodate new water pump setup on late model engine- New transmission coolant (steel) lines- All new exterior badging (still needs upper fender engine ID badges)- Original bumpers replaced with newer ones, some light cracking on front bumper only)- New headlights/tail lights- New trunk mat- New interior floor mats- Upgraded to safer dual master cylinder setup- Completely new ignition system and components (coil, plugs, wires, etc.)- New fuel pump- New water pump- New alternator (plus one-wire alternator from HO motor)- New radiator hoses- Replaced stock shifter with B&M Z-Gate shifter- New steering wheel- All new ignition switch with matching door lock cylinders with four keys- Rebuilt trunk lock mechanism with two keys- New door handles- New polyurethane roller mechanisms in window tracks- New rear window track mechanism- New windshield wiper arms- New interior door panels, window cranks and opening mechanisms- New side view and rear view mirrors- Refinished headliner- Replaced numerous fasteners with newer or more correct versions
What still needs to be done:
- Luggage rack depicted in photos not currently installed. Not everyone is into the look so I wasn't going to drill holes in trunk lid just yet- Antenna needs to be replaced- Body Panel alignment slightly off in some locations- Cracked paint at rear pillar and near driver's side rear wheel well- Some trim not installed or is missing. Rear windshield requires both 90-degree rounded upper corners. Centerpiece of front grill trim missing.- Exhaust currently consists of long-tube headers running to Hooker mufflers. These terminate in dumps forward of rear axle.- No reverse lights installed- Needs engine badging for upper front fenders- Weatherstripping on hand but not yet installed.
Car is 98% complete, only noncompleted jobs are minor and listed above. Numerous items will be included with purchase. These included (but again, are not limited to):
- Entire bracket and accessory system from the HO 302. Only part missing is the alternator bracket. With this addition and the use of included water pump and pulleys you have a very easy serpentine belt conversion.- Fuel rail and injectors from the HO. Primary component for a fuel injection conversion. I would have done it myself had I not just put the money into the intake and carb setup.- Spare valve covers with lower height- Spare wheel cover- Autolite 2100 carb (original to the car)- Enough hardware to reassemble the entire car. Twice. - At least a half dozen Mustang and Ford engine building books. Some useful, some outdated- Anything else I find in the garage that relates to the car
This listing finishes a six year restoration project that didn't include a paint job (already done), so the list of things done and available is extensive and not limited to what is listed here. I am available for viewings and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Car is located in Peachtree City, GA, about 20 miles south of Atlanta.
Reserve is set at $8500. May be interested in trade for MG/Triumph/Fiat convertibles.