1966 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: GT
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: GT Convertible
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 18,149
- VIN: 6F08A109132
- Color: Tahoe Turquoise
- Engine size: 289 CID 4v
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Light Aqua
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang GT
Pictured is a genuine, very original 1966 Mustang GT Convertible. I have owned this Mustang since July 1990 and has always been properly serviced and garaged. Mileage on the Mustang when I bought it had 13,964 miles on the odometer and now reads 18,140 miles. I have driven this car less than an average 200 miles per year. The car was purchased in Georgia and has resided in NW Florida since.
The Mustang had an excellent repaint in its original factory Tahoe Turquoise color (code “U”) about 4 years ago in a base/clear coat finish. The interior is a Light Aqua vinyl and Medium Aqua Rosette. Carpets are light green and convertible top is white. In all, an excellent and striking color combination.
NOTE: I listed this car last year and it sold twice. Both times the buyers did not pay. Please, if you do not have the funds available, if your spouse does not agree or whatever the reason for not being able to pay, please do not bid on this vehicle.
I am sure you are aware there are many Mustang GTs’ that are Tributes. This is not one of them. All items listed below are part of this original 1966 Mustang GT.
The below items are unique to a true 1966 Mustang GT such as:
· V8 289 CID 4v 225HP “A” code Challenger Special
· Special handling 16:1 steering gear box HCC-AX
· Punched holes for fog light harness on radiator support wall
· Rear trumpet exhaust
· Rear valence with exhaust cutouts
· No holes drilled in front fenders for side ornaments
· Disc brakes in front
6 = 1966 F = Dearborn 08 = Convertible
A = 289 CID 4v 109132 = Serial Number
Body Color Trim Date DSO Axle Trans
76A U 27 08J 26 1 6
Body 76A = 2 door convertible
Color U = Tahoe Turquoise
Trim 27 = Light Aqua vinyl
Date 08J = September 08, 1965
DSO 26 = Washington
Axle 1 = 300:1 rear end ratio
Trans 6 = C4 Automatic
Many desired Options
Engine “A” code 225 HP 4v
Cruise-O-Matic 3 speed auto transmission
Rally – Pac, original Ford clock and tach
Power Convertible Top
Air Conditioning – Original Ford
Radio – Original Ford PB AM & Antenna
Console, Center/ with A/Cdecor
Deluxe simulated wood Steering Wheel
GT Equipment Group consisting of:
GT Badges & Stripes, 4” Fog Lamps, low restriction dual exhausts, chrome flare tail extensions, Special Handling Package, front disc brakes and GT gas cap
Styled Steel Wheels
Tinted glass, all green
Tires, 6.95 x 14, WSW
Most of the car is original as it came from the Ford Factory. Originality includes, sheet metal, styled steel wheels, engine block, radiator, LOF/Carlite green shaded glass – all, ornaments, front and rear bumpers, Ford Rally-Pac, Ford under dash A/C, Ford PB AM radio, center console, rear GT gas cap, distributor (C50F12131), exhaust manifolds, power steering, master cylinder and all interior.
1. Had a failure of A/C compressor in 2014. Replaced with factory identical and converted to Freon 134. Runs very cold.
2. Mileage – when purchased in GA in 1990 the mileage was 13,964. GA required that all vehicles of vintage titles showed “beyond mechanical limits”. Have driven less than 5000 miles in 25 years of ownership.
3. Four (4) new Bridgestone tires placed on vehicle 3 years ago.
4. Have normal “drips” from the tranny when car sits too long and seals start to shrink.
5. No rust ever!
6. Small amount of water leaks in from right side of cowl when washing car when I do not use cowl cap.
7. Distributor converted to Pertronixs electronics. No points and car runs better.
8. Rally-Pac clock runs, but does not keep proper time
Please NO bidding with zero or negative feedback on Ebay Motors. I reserve the right to cancel any bid. Must be 18 YO or older. Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract.
AS IS – Due to the age of the vehicle it is sold as is, where is with no warranty expressed or implied by seller. No returns offered.
Questions about anything not listed above - email me througheBay.
Latest NADA Value Data (January 2016)
1966 Mustang GT Convertible with above options
$48,890 $66,750On Apr-17-16 at 14:15:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
Customer asked about radio and I checked - it is not working.