1981 Ford F-100 Ranger XLT Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door 4.9L
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Ranger XLT Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 159,575
- VIN: 2FTCF10E7BCA52766
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 4.9L 300Cu. In. l6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Ford F-100
1981 Ford F-100 Ranger Pick-up Project/Parts Truck
This truck belonged to my father who bought it new from William’s Ford in Berea, Ohio in 1981. It came equipped with power steering, AM/FM radio, 4.9 liter/300 cid motor and automatic transmission. It does not have power brakes or A/C. It is a short bed, 2WD regular cab. Originally black with red interior. It came with manual door locks and wind up/down windows. The truck now has 159,575 miles on it.
I started to restore it about 4 years ago when I lived in Gastonia. I now live in High Point and have not touched it in the past 3+ years. It is time to say goodbye to it and let someone else take over. The frame and body were not in great shape after spending so many years in the Cleveland area. I wire brush, primed and painted most of the frame. I have acquired the hood, door, tailgate, fenders and bed from a beautiful 1986 Ford F-150. As a bonus, the door are equipped with power windows and door locks. I put a new cylinder head on it and installed new hydraulic lifters. It has not been started since the head and lifters were replaced so they will need to be adjusted. I replaced the original single exhaust manifold with dual manifolds from the mid-90’s. The intake manifold has been powder coated and I have an additional powder coated Offenhauser 4 barrel manifold. I also have a brand new Holley 4 barrel to go with the Offy manifold.
- All of the braking system is new; calipers, rotors, drums, shoes and springs, parking brake cables. All brake lines were removed and replacements purchased; some have been installed. A new master cylinder comes with the truck.
- Differential ring and pinion has been replaced and upgraded from 2.47 to 3.73. Rear axle bearings are new.
- All suspension bushings, tie rod ends, king pins and shock absorbers have been replaced. The front springs and wheel bearings are new as well.
- The radiator support has been powder coated as well as some other front end parts.
- The truck comes with new belts and hoses as well as distributor cap, ignition module, spark plugs, wires and ignition rotor.
- Chrome wheels with brand new Cooper tires. No miles on the tires, they were only used to roll onto and off of a trailer.
It will take a good bit of work to assemble this truck but it has all of the stuff needed to make it a really nice ride. That’s about all I can think of. It ran well before I started taking it apart so there is no reason it won’t run again. I have a clean title, if I can find it; if I can’t I will apply for a new one.
I am asking $1800 but I will entertain offers. Please do not ask me to sell parts only; it’s all or nothing. I will supply additional photos upon request. I cannot stress enough that this is a well used truck in the process of restoration, no warranties are expressed or provided. This truck is for local pick up only; tow bar, trailer, flatbed or tow truck will be required.
Full payment within 3 days of commitment to purchase is required.