1940 Ford 2 Door Sedan Deluxe Hot Rod Custom Street All Steel Tudor
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- Year: 1940
- Mileage: 74,549
- VIN: 5686257
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: Chevrolet 350
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1940 Ford Other1940 Ford 2 Sedan Deluxe Custom Street Rod
Up for sale is a beautiful 1940 Ford 2 door sedan Deluxe Custom Street Rod. This is a one owner vehicle that the owner started building in 1997 and finished in 2000. Vehicle build was a labor of love, not for profit, not to flip, but built exactly the way the owner wanted it- Drive anywhere in the US in comfort and dependability. It has since been driven over 70,000 miles across the United States and various up grades have been done along the way.
Owner is getting out of the hobby completely, so unfortunately vehicle is being listed locally and on ebay for sale. Listing for owner, I am not a dealer, just helping out a friend. Owner will be available to answer all questions and show the car by appointment.
Vehicle has been NSRA (National Street Rod Association) Inspected every year. Last inspection was done two weeks ago. This car is ready for a new owner WITH NO ISSUES.... NONE!!!!!!! Ready to be driven another 70,000 miles.
Specifics of the car as follows:
- Build started in 1997 with the purchase of a clean all steel Colorado Body / Frame roller
- 1940 2 door Sedan Deluxe
- Painted in 2000. Paint has held up well and shows excellent. There are some stone chips, one scratch and two flaws. One the drivers door and one below the rear passenger window (see pic). No rust and VERY clean underneath. Sheet metal is very straight.
- Gaps are good.
- Floors are all metal
- Glass is tinted (legal tint for Michigan) and in good condition. No stone chips, cracks, etc.
- Trunk still retains tool box storage under trunk floor
- Original fuel tank and location
- No door sag, No misalignment of panels.
- 1972 Nova front end narrowed 3 inches was welded from the firewall forward onto the original 1940 frame.
- Firewall back retains original frame that was boxed.
- Parallel leaf springs in the rear
- Chevy 10 bolt rearend with 3:08 gear.
- Power steering
ENGINE / TRANSMISSION
- Chevy 350 / 290 HP crate engine installed. This was installed about 1000 miles ago.
- Edelbrock carburetor and intake package
- 200R Overdrive Transmission. This was installed about 2000 miles ago.
- Dual exhaust
- Custom interior
- Glide Engineering Seat
- Both lap and shoulder belts - Front seats only
- Classic Instrument Gauges
- Power Windows
- Electric trunk popper
- Ron Francis Wiring
- Cloth Interior w/ matching material door panels, visors and headliner
- Tilt / telescope steering column
- Backup Camera
- AM/FM / CD / Tape / CB
- CRUISE CONTROL - Nice feature
- Power brakes - Disc front / Drum Rear
- Vintage Air - Blows nice and cool
- Battery located under right front fender
- Grand National wheels.
- Tires in great condition with plenty of tread left. No dry rot, etc.
- Fire extinguisher located to the left of steering column in case of emergencies. Never needed it, but is part of the 23 point NSRA (National Street Rod Association) inspection and required to have in order to pass.
- Clean Michigan Title
- Full documentation of all components that went into the build plus build notes / measurements, etc. during build process.
- One center cap was missing while taking pictures for the left rear wheel, but it comes with the car. Forgot to put it back on after inspecting the brakes.
- FLY IN AND DRIVE HOME!!!! CAR IS READY!!!!
Vehicle is located in Clio, MI and being sold by a private owner. Reserve the right to end auction early as it is for sale locally UNLESS reserve has been met. At that point, auction will run to the end to be fair to all bidders.
Buyer responsible for arranging pickup, shipping. etc. Can assist with loading.
$500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit required from winning bidder within 48 hours unless arrangement made ahead of time.
Vehicle can be seen / inspected by appointment only.
NO TRADES - Sorry
Thanks for looking.