1951 Ford Shoebox Custom, V8, 239 cid flat-head, 3 speed manual on the column
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: 2 door Custom, Shoebox
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 73,430
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: V8, 239 Flathead
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Ford 2 door Custom, Shoebox
Ladies and Gentlemen—Ford Lovers—First Time Offered on Ebay!
What an Opportunity to own a one-of-a-kind Ford at a great Price!!
Up for auction is a stunning 1951 Ford 2-door custom that has undergone a complete frame-up restoration. The car is owned by a friend of mine who sparred no expen$e in its restoration. Popularly called the "Shoebox Ford" for its slab-sided, the 1949-1951 Ford is credited both with saving Ford and ushering in modern streamlined car design with changes such as integrated fenders and much more. This car was stripped to the bare metal and painted in a base/coat clear coat, Culver Blue. Please note that while the car was being painted the bumpers were re-chromed and all of the moldings and pot metal were professionally buffed and polished. It has the dependable 3.9L 239 cid V8 flat-head engine and 3-speed manual transmission (3 on the tree). Actual mileage is about 73k. The following is a partial list of what’s been done to this magnificent machine:
- Both the engine and transmission were completely rebuilt by one of the premiere engine rebuilders on the east coast. He is an expert on flat-head Ford power assemblies. (Receipts are available upon request).
- Rear axle was inspected and serviced, and new shocks were installed.
- New radiator.
- New motor mounts and transmission mount.
- New belts.
- New ignition cable set, spark plugs, and distributor cap/rotor.
- New heater core and heater hoses.
- New brakes and brake lines.
- New battery.
- New custom interior including carpet, headliner and a complete custom trunk (WOW).
- Several pieces of glass were replaced including all 4 wing windows with new glass and new weather-striping.
- The exhaust is in good condition but the new owner may want to have it converted to a dual exhaust set up.
- The “Cooker” wide whitewall tires are in very good condition. They are set off by new stainless steel beauty rings and Ford logo hub caps.
The car runs and drives beautifully. Photos cannot capture the true beauty of this classic Ford. The floor pans, frame rails, and trunk are in excellent condition. In my opinion, this is an unbelievable find. No rust ever. It has a clear title and a library of receipts.
Please come see and drive it for yourself. Drive it home and make your neighbors green with envy.
This car is being listed for a friend to help support him in selling it.
It you’ve been waiting for a one-of-a-kind Ford to come along then don’t let this one get away: Should you have any questions, please call
Bill @ 410-271-6800.
The car is sold AS-IS with no guarantee/warranty either expressed or implied. Successful bidder pays $500 down payment (PayPal is preferred) for the vehicle within 48 hours of bid close and should make arrangements to pick up the car within 2 weeks of auction close. Seller releases all responsibility for the car upon receipt of payment from bidder. Buyer will assume all responsibility for said vehicle, including but not limited to liability. Seller has the right to end the auction early.