1971 f100 Project- 2006 Lincoln Drive Train 4.6L
Price: - Item location: Riverside, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- SubModel: Lincoln Town Car
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 48,000
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 4.6L V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: AWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Ford F-100 Lincoln Town CarHello All,
- Here you have a 1971 Ford F-100 project with a clear title. The drive train has been switched over to a 2006 Lincoln Town Car drive train with a 4.6 L V-8 Engine, Automatic Transmission. Drive shaft work has already been done and connected. Truck is a roller. Frame is solid and straight! Bed, Cab, and front fenders are bolted on (Not all the way) but need new mounts, so they aren't sitting straight as is. The mileage listed is the mileage that was on the 2006 Lincoln when drivetrain was removed. Not the 1971's actual mileage.
- The History of this truck. Let me start off by saying, I will be completely honest with all of you. I was deployed to the middle east, got injured, came home, and wanted a truck to call mine. A shop owner in Virginia Beach, VA, ROBBED ME. Stole my money, the front bumper, the new shocks i bought, obviously did a lousy job on the front mounts because he thought I was picking the truck up that day and never connected them, the original engine and transmission, and much more. I trusted a friend of mine who was also getting work done (who also got screwed over in the end) and its the last time I will feel bad for someone and give them work. I am a "Hobbiest" but I didn't have a shop at the time or the body to work. I did no work to this truck. But there is always Karma for that guy!
-Now that that is over with. Lets get back to the truck.
- I have had a TRUE professional shop (just within the last week) check out the truck and they were very interested in the truck. This truck will take a little work, but not much by a reputable shop, but it is still good to go for the future! If the truck doesn't sell, I will relist one more time, I will begin all over again with the new shop I talked to in time.
- Pros:- Truck for the most part is solid. It used to be a daily driver.- Cab is solid and straight- Bed is solid besides a few pin holes that can easily be filled or welded. Not flimsy!- Front fenders need some metal work but solid. You can see where about 6"x10" was cut out of the left. - The truck is all there, just needs to be put back together and done RIGHT.- I have all of the parts off of the 2006 Lincoln Town Car including all of the wiring harnesses (Not cut! except one harness that I saw the VA mechanic cut by the steering column). Everything that I could strip off the Lincoln I did (I ended up doing that myself), I removed and am including with the truck. So you are getting two vehicles in one for the most part.- The Lincoln only had 48,000 miles when it was in the smallest fender bender. I drove and ran the Lincoln to make sure it was good for the swap. No problems.- Apparently, street truck guys love this swap and its a great candidate for a street truck.- Nothing is locked up- Cab floors are solid, looks like they were replaced before my ownership.- I have the original bench seat- I have the firewall from the Lincoln that I included if new owner needed.- Tires hold air and haven't deflated since I got the truck back a week ago.- Clear title
- Cons:- Well, the mechanic who did the work obviously should be shut down.- I don't have the original rear or forward suspension.- Minor rust that can easily be welded up.- The front grill is missing the driver side bezel.- The engine and transmission run great, but aren't wired up so it isn't driving.- The steering isn't connected, so tires have to be turned by hand.- Brakes aren't connected.- I don't have the 2006 Lincoln Manuals but they are available online.
- I will be as helpful as possible with this truck. It is a shame that I was taken advantage of, and I am losing money even at the starting bid, but lesson learned. I want someone to take this truck and make it right, because I cant. Wife already said no. But the good thing is, it is all there and just needs to be connected back up, suspension made right with good solid mounts, and she will be flying down the road again. If you have a shop do it, the cost is affordable for the final result.
TO BE NOTED: I will consider trades for this project of any kind. Like I stated previously, I am a hobbiest. Send me a message of what you have of or around equal value and we can go from there.
Also, the trailers are NOT included in the sale. Although, the 18' Steel deck the truck is sitting on is brand new and I would consider selling with the truck for an additional $4000.00.
I put this section on all my eBay listings, custom to each item sold-
"Once again, any questions, please feel free to ask. Send me a message if you would like to talk on the phone about the truck and I will send you my number. This item will be sold as is, where is. I have described this 1971 Ford F-100 to the absolute best of my ability and have been honest in the description. I do have 100% feedback on eBay and plan to keep it that way! The truck has been listed recently in the area, so I DO have the right to end the auction early if a buyer contacts me locally. I will not remove this truck for any reason besides a verified local buyer. Many of the parts included I could not take pictures of because there are so many. But I have included everything that I have. Once the title is transferred and buyer pays, there are no refunds. I will consider shipping the truck depending on buyer availability and distance Which means, if you contact me and I say no, you have to pick up the vehicle, period. But ultimately, the buyer is responsible for payment, shipment, and any damages after the vehicle leaves my possession. If the buyer does not arrive within 7 days of auction end, I will relist for the same price one more time. Any questions, feel free to ask and I will respond within 24 hours."