1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 Notchback Coupe Sedan 5spd 3.55 Gears Rear Disc Brakes +
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: LX
- Type: COUPE SEDAN NOTCHBACK
- Trim: LX NOTCHBACK COUPE / SEDAN
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 128,850
- VIN: 1FABP40E2JF263019
- Color: VIPER BLUE w/ Painted WHITE STRIPES
- Engine size: 5.0 LITER H.O.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline 87 (Recommed 93 Octane)
- Transmission: T-5 MANUAL 5 SPEED,Heavy Duty Clutch, 3.55 GEARS
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: REGATTA BLUE
- Safety options: 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES
- Options: POWER TRUNK RELEASE / OPEN, POWER FUEL DOOR RELEASE / OPEN, OEM FORD FM STEREO CASSETTE RECEIVER & 4 SPEAKERS, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Ford Mustang LX
VIDEOS AND MANY MORE PICTURES AVAILBLE HERE BELOW! (improvements continue on this vehicle, contact Seller for more information)
If you need more pictures of under the car or engine bay....there are over 150 more pictures!
Flaming River MANUAL STEERING makes this Notch handle and steer with precision, and the deletion of the power steering pump saves weight and addsa few horsepower. This is not a cheap upgrade either, checkout the cost for yourself.. FR Steering is the best!
VERY SOLID, STRAIGHT, SHARP, CLEAN..."TIGHT & RIGHT" would be an accurate way to describe this....
1988 Ford Mustang5.0 NOTCHBACK5.0 Liter Coupepainted ina incredible Viper Blue Metallic Pearl along with painted White Racing StripesALL under a HEAVYCLEARCOAT.
INTERIOR IS THE RARE AWESOMEREGATTA BLUE!
NEW REGATTA BLUE CARPET, HEADLINE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, AS ARE THE DOOR PANELS, DASH, CONSOLE, ETC. THE REGATTA BLUE SEATS ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, SHOWING ONLY SOME WEAR...and considering they are original that is saying something for this 1988 (28 yr. old Fox).
STANDARD FEATURES & EQUIPTMENT, OPTIONS, AND MODIFICATIONSMADE:
FIRST though, Iam in love with this Notch, and tobe honest do NOT really like that I am selling it or want to. Even as I list the car, I still continue to pamper it and stare at the car. This is TRULY a very nice 5.0 Notch... Once you read this entire listing, please look at the pictures, and watch the videos...and I have over 150 pictures I can send on request of almost every inch of the car, from the painted, with no rust, door & trunk jams and bottom door lips perfect, undercarriage clean and no rust, straight torque boxes, frame rails, shock towers clean, etc., along with multiple videos of the car...This car is exactly what is appears to be...just striking. It never ceases to amaze me why some people cove, idolize, and seeminglyprefer the SSP Coupes when they have to know the law enforcement vehicles are actually run hard and put up wet! Ever actually see what is called "routine maintenance" at the state run maintenance facilities? Ever see what they do to Crown Vics?? FORGETSSPs in my opinion, I would rather have a NON-SSP, CLEAN REGUALR MUSTANG 5.0 NOTCHBACK JUST THE WAY FORD MOTOR COMPANY MADE THEM!.. I guarantee you that PRIVATE OWNED 5.0 NOTCHBACKS ARE TAKEN CARE OF FAR BETTER THAN A POLICE CAR.. AND the SSP cars had little in performance or upgrades other radiator hoses, alternator, OH....AND YOU GET THOSE REALLY NICE LOOKING HOLES ALL OVER YOUR DASH, HOLES IN THE BODY FROM ATTENNAS, etc... you can have all that SSP lovers...and you can pay more for those HOLES TOO!....Thisman justloves a clean 5.0 Notch...I do NOT need or want a "SWEET TART" OR "GOOD HUMOR" former cop car riding around on 22 plus inch rims either :) Don't have a "wanna be" bone in my body...JUST A CLEAN, SHARP, TASTEFULLY MODIFIED QUICK ENOUGH RIDE WILL DO.
THIS NOTCH HAS THE FOLLOWINGNOTABLE OPTIONS FROM THE FACTORY:
Engine, Transmission, Differential:
- 5.0 LITER H.O. EFI ENGINE E7 HEADS w/ 1.78 INTAKE / 1.46 EXHAUSTVALVES 225HP/300LBS TORQUE
EEC IS SPEED DENSITY (SPEED DENSITY FACTORY CARS WERE FASTER THAN MAF CARS FACTORY TO FACTORY COMPARISON)
- HYDRAULIC ROLLER CAM .444 LIFT (YOU CAN CHANGE FROM THE STOCK 1.6 ROCKERS TO 1.7 ROCKERS TO ACHIEVE .477 LIFT essentially FORD's B CAM specs) *THIS WILL NOT UPSET THE SPEED DENSITY EEC EITHER.
8.8 INCH TRACTION LOK DIFFERENTIAL (CAME WITH 3.08GEARS.. CAR NOW HAS BEENUPGRADED RECENTLY TO 3.55 REAR GEARS)
- 5 SPEED T-5 MANUAL TRANSMISSION (WEIGHT ONLY 75LBS!).. OVERDRIVE STILL ALLOWS 22+MPG
INTERIOR RARE REGATTA BLUE
- MANUAL WINDOWS means light weight with no motors or switches to go bad!
- Power Locks
- Cruise Control
- Power Mirrors
- Dual NON-lighted Mirrors in the Sun-visors (no bulbs to go bad)
- Intermittent wipers (car has new wiper motor too)
- Power Trunk Release / Open
- Power Fuel Door Release / Open
- FORD Dolby FM Stereo Receiver w/ Cassette(standard system not premium sound.. only 4 speakers, none in doors!)
- Air Conditioning
***** MODIFICATIONS / UPGRADES ******
- BBK CHROME EQUAL LENGTH SHORT TUBE HEADERS
However car still retains the smogpump,the Ford OEM catted mid-pipe, mufflers, and tailpipes. The car has passed emissions in other state, but here is South Carolina we do not get sniffed in the tail...pipes.
- REAR DISC BRAKE CONVERSION, CAR NOW HAS 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES, STOPS INCREDIBLY WELL AND STRIGHT UNDER BRAKING
- NEW 17X9 COBRA WHEELS POWERCOATED WHITE
- COPPER RS3 PERFORMANCE 245 /45 /17 TIRES
- FLAMING RIVER MANUAL STEERING CONVERSION, WITH NEW TIE RODS, ETC. CAR STEERS BEAUTIFLLY, IS STRAIGHT AND PRECISE, VERY TIGHT WITH GOOD ROAD FEEDBACK TO DRIVER.
- BBK Full Length Welded Sub Frame Connectors
- BRAND NEW HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH (shifts into all gears smooth as silk...no issues)
- 3.55 FORD RACING GEARS & NEW REAR DIFFERENTIAL FLUID W/ FRICTION MODIFIER ADDED
- BILLET ALUMINUM DISTRIBUTOR w/ DYNA MOD Ignition Module
- 130 AMP WSP ALTERNATOR
- NEW IAC (IDLE AIR CONTROL)
- CAP, ROTOR, AND PLUGS
- CERVINIS LIGHT WEIGHT CLASSIC 80's "STORMIN NORMIN" FIBERGLASS HOOD...currently just the Hood, however you can make this a FULLY FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR SET-UP if you purchase the $259 ram air liet from Cervinis to put on the car... AND THEY DO WORK! I have this set-up on my 87 5.0 GT, worth 4 tenths of a second!...So you have the big part already, the hood, you could add the Ram Air easy enough if desired.
- 1 PIECE HEADLIGHTS
- BRAND NEW REGATTA BLUE CARPET
- NEW WIPER MOTOR
Needs- The A/C blows, but is not cold enough. going to attempt a recharge of the system,which is R12. The A/C compressor is newer, but requires adapter from R12 to R134 to service. All A/C components are there and in good working order, a leak or o ring is the expected issue, but cannot be sure. Personally, IF I keep this car, I will possibly remove the A/C, and the smog pump altogether...and add an H-PIPE TO GIVE THIS SWEET MACHINE THE SOUND IT WANTS TO LET OUT, but is still muffled by the stock exhaust...other than the BBK Shorty Headers that is. The stock cats really quiet the car down.. I HATE them.
Stock 7k Tach acting up, and is not working.It is the gauge, and not the signal from thedistributor..just did not want to pull out the instrument clusteron such a nice car until I am ready to change the 85MPH SPEEDOMETER too! Not expensive at all, just time consuming and need to be careful with all the original components. I have done it on my 1987 GT, not hard. ***** OF COURSE, ifsomeone elects to put a aftermarket tach in this car, that is another option...but the 85MPH needs to go for sure! ADDITIONALLY, I DID NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE SPEEDOMETER, AS THIS MIGHT GIVE SOMEONE A FALSE IDEA ABOUT THE ACTUALLY MILEAGE...THIS CAR IS A TRUE 128K MILE CAR.
THE PRICE ON THIS CAR CURRENTLY IS FOR WHAT I HAVE DESCRIBED HERE ABOVE, THAT SAID... I may choose to steadily improve this car if it does not sell... IF that is what ends up happening here are my immediate plans of what I will likely do if the car does not sell this listing. NOTE: IF I RELIST THIS CAR IT WILL NOT BE FOR THE SAME PRICE, OBVIOUSLY IF I PUT MORE MONEY INTO THE CAR, I AM NOT GOING TO PAY SOMEONE TO BUY IT.. Meaning I am not necessarily looking to makeMORE money on the car, rather just to ensure that I cover whatever additional expenses for parts, labor, timeI have into it to improve on this already nice Notchback. So, if you want to own this car and make your own decisions or choices about which direction to take the car with regard to future modifications /improvements...then I ask respectfully that ONLY SERIOUS KNOWLEDGEABLE BIDDERS TO GET INVOLVED AND BID ON MY CAR PLEASE. I wouldliketo maybe have a chance to BUY the car back from you one day maybe down the road...It would be a shame to see such nice 5.0 Notch go to someone who does not care to orknow how totake care of it... YES, that means I would really NOT want to sell this car to someone who would beat it up.
I have over 150 pictures, multiple videos of this car, feel free to ask any questions. The car will beSOLD AS IS and without any warranty of course. That said, this is a seriously solid nice original 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 Notchback Coupe 5spd., and I would drive the car any distance with complete confidence.
THESE ARE MY PROPOSED, PLANNED IMPROVEMENTS AND MODS....THAT WILL LIKELY RESULT IN AN MINIMUM INCREASE OF $1500 IN THE PRICE OF THIS CAR IF IT DOES NOT SELL THIS LISTING. MAYBE, YOU WANT THESE TO BE DONE BY ME FOR YOU, OR RATHER YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THEM YOURSELF... I JUST THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A COOL OPTION TO THROW OUT THERE.
* DENOTES THE SUGGESTED MODS
* OFF-ROAD H-PIPE $150
* PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS $150
*REGATTA BLUE ACC HEAVY 4PC FLOOR MATS WITH TRI-PONY LOGO ON FRONT MATS $125 DONE 30 APR 16
* SMOG DELETE PULLEY $70
* NEW REGATTA BLUE FRONT SEAT BELT SLEEVES (4 PCS) $60 DONE 29 APR 16
* MSD COIL UPGRADE, INSTEAD OF STOCK OEM COIL $50
* BRAND NEW REGATTA BLUE SUNVISORS WITH NON LIGHTED MIRRORS $175! DONE 29 APR 16
* REMOVE FAN SHROUD PAINT CUSTOM SILVER, AND REINSTALL (just labor, and maybe $25 in paint)
* REMOVE COOLANT OVERFLOW TANK AND PAINT CUSTOM FORD BLUE (just labor, and maybe $15 paint)
* REPLACE TELESCOPE MAPLIGHT $85 (BLUE)-DONE 27 APR 16
* REPLACE BODY TO DOOR WEATHERSTRIPPING DRIVERS AND PASSENGER SIDE. $50 DONE 28 APR 16
* REPLACE OR CLEAN STICKY / SOMETIMES MALFUNCTIONING POWER MIRROR SWITCH $59.99 LMR DONE 28 APR 16
* REPLACE ASHTRAY DOOR SPRING, WITHREPAIR KIT $15.99 DONE 30 APR 16
* REPLACE STOCK 7K TACH WITH ANOTHER 88 OEM STOCK 7K TACH $100 PART, BUT A FEW HOURS SCHEDULED 3 MAY 16
* REMOVE A/C ALTOGTHER...OR CHARGE, SEAL WITH NEW O-RING KIT....$9.99 O-RINGS + Freon $50 IN PROGRESS 1 MAY 16
***** IF THIS CAR DOES NOT SELL THIS LISTING, I MAY RE-LIST WITH A $1500 INCREASE IN BUY IT NOW OR RESERVE PRICE AFTER I HAVE COMPLETED THE WORK ABOVE DENOTED HERE IN THE "SUGGESTED MODS / IMPROVEMENTS LIST ABOVE "*".
If you want to make these choices yourself and own a very very solid nice 5.0 Notch for less money, please BID NOW... but I ask you humbly and respectfully DO NOT WASTE MY TIME OR YOUR OWN TIMEIF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO ACTUALLY PAY FOR THIS CAR. If you know anything at all about the military, you should have an idea how HONOR, COURAGE, AND COMMITMENT. I ask you politely, please do NOT play games with the bidding. I am an honorable man, and simply want to see if there is a business deal that can be achieved here.. IF THE CAR IS WANTED, IF NOT THAT IS MORE THAN OKAY WITH ME.... I can say I tried and put it out there... IF it sells / bids are respectable and make reserve then I will let her go and move on. This car will not be stolen though, it is too nice. Lots of junk out there, this is NOT one of those cars.
CASH, BANK CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHECK, WIRE TRANSFER....(ANY OTHER FORM OF PAYMENT REQUESTS WILL REQUIRE WRITTEN OR DOCUMENTED APPROVAL BY SELLER BEFORE YOU BID /MAKE OFFER /OR BUY IT NOW.... as I would prefer not to be asked to accept personal checks, and/or money orders).
$2000.00 PAYPAL DEPOSIT WITHIN 24HOURS. This should weed out those who cannot pay or do not intend to pay....If you play games, I will collect.
Then the remaining BALANCE MUST BE PAID WITHIN 7 DAYS, NO EXCEPTIONS. PAYMENT CAN BE IN THE FORM ON CASH IN PERSON (but we will go to a BANK, have title notarized, bill of sale, currency verified .. all must and will be legit and above board) *** PAYMENT IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE IN THE FORM OF BANK CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHECK AND / OR BY WIRE TRANSFER. I have been at the same bank and account for 22 years, make good money, and have nothing to hide, nor will I pressure a Buyer into anything they do not feel comfortable with...BUT IF YOU BID AND WIN OR BUY THIS CAR, I EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR IT WITHIN 7 DAYS. WHERE I AM A REASONABLE MAN, I SEE MANY CARS RELISTED DUE TO NON-PAYING BUYERS. PLEASE, I WILL TREAT YOU FAIRLY AND JUST ASK YOU TO PLEASE RECIPROCATE.
THE CAR WILL NOT BE RELEASED OF COURSE UNTIL ALL FUNDS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND HAVE CLEARED WITHOUT THE CHANCE FOR REVERSAL OR RETURN.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO COME AND SEE THIS CAR BY APPOINTMENT, INSPECT IT, RIDE IN IT WITH ME DRIVING...BUT NEVER WILL THERE BE ANY JOY RIDES ... I DO NOT NEED, NOR WANT TO BE IN A SITUATION WHERE I HAVE TO DEAL WITH A PERSON WHO BREAKS OR DAMAGES THE CAR WHEN THEY DO NOT OWN IT YOU UNDERSTAND.
THERE ARE MANY VIDEOS OF THE CAR AND EVEN MORE PICTURES WITH THE UNDERCARRIAGE, ENGINE BAY AREA, ETC. FURTHER DETAILED...PLEASE MESSAGE VIA EBAY EMAIL IF YOU WANT OR NEED MORE PICTURES, OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED. THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE AN EBAY TRANSACTION, HOWVER, THE CAR IS FOR SALE LOCALLY TO BEST OFFERS. SELLER / OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO END THIS LISTING AT ANYTIME DUE TOTHE ACCEPTANCE OF A LOCAL BEST OFFER, AND/OR AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SELLER / OWNER.
Thank you for your consideration of this vehicle, and I appreciate your time and attention. GOD BLESS
*****PLEASE NOTE,PLACING RIDICULOUS FALSEBIDSFROMEBAY ACCOUNTS ESTABLISHED SOLELY TO PLAY GAMES WITH THIS AUCTION WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY ALONG WITH THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION. AT A MINIMUM,THE PERPETRATOR'S ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED / BLOCKED. AT WORSE I WILL POTENTIALLYEXERCISE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR INTERFERING WITH THE AUCTION, THEREBYCAUSING PUNITIVE MONETARY DAMAGES TO THE SELLER**** AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS CAR. YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED AND WARNED. UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE TO RETAIN COUNSEL, PLEASEBE HONORABLE IN YOUR ACTIONS.THANK YOU. *****
DESPITE MY HUMBLE REQUEST AND PLEADINGFOR PEOPLE NOT TO BID ON THIS CAR (BEING SOLD BYME AS APRIVATE SELLER) MANY DID IN FACT BID ANYWAY WHO HAVE EITHER NO ABILITY AND / OR NO INTENTION OF PAYING FOR THE CAR!***** I AM ANICE MAN, BUT MY PROFESSIONAL TOLERANC E IS EXHAUSTED WITH INDIVIDUALS WHO ENGAGE IN SUCH ACTIVITIES. PLEASE DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU CAN ANDWILL PAY FOR THIS CAR AS OUTLINED IN THE LISTING WITH REGARD TOTHE SPECIFIEDACCEPTABLE PAYMENTFORMS AND TIME FRAME.
#1 YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED NICELY
#2 NOW I AM TELLING YOU, DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUS AND WILL PAY AS AGREED.....PLEASE
#3 ...USE YOUR IMAGINATION
*****VEHCILE IS SOLD AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY. *****
-THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING THIS VERY NICE VEHCILE AND FOR RESPECTING THE POLICIES OF EBAY AND THE RULES / REQUIREMENTS OF THIS LISTING **. **