Frame-Off Resto, Export, "D" Code w/3spd-O/D, Build Sheet, Real Red/Red Car NICE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 2-Door Convertible
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: D7FH171332
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 312 CID "D" Code
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 3-Speed Manual w/Overdrive
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1957 Ford Thunderbird
Original Factory Build-Sheet
“Documented Export Car”
Only 1000 miles since it was finished!
Car was built for export and is a real factory 2-Tone Car!
Folks this is an opportunity that does not come along very often.
For sale for far less than the cost to restore one.
You may not get a chance to own such a car as this again!
The VIN/Trim Tag is decoded as follows:
D = V-8 312 4V 245hp Engine with 3-speed O/D Manual Transmission
7 = 1957 Model Year
F = Dearborn Assembly Plant
H = Thunderbird
171332nd Ford built for the 1957 Model Year
Production Code 40_VA _ XH _ 19M820230P
Body 40 = Convertible
Color VA = (Two-Tone) Raven Black over Flame Red
Trim XH = Red Vinyl Interior with Black Canvas Top
19M = December 19, 1956
82 = FMC Factory Export; New Jersey
0230 = Item scheduled for that day’s production
P = Planed or Scheduled
This car has the following body features:
A full and complete frame-off restoration of a near perfect rust-free original convertible body that had 100% of its original sheet metal still on the car.
Correct original Flame Red paint color sprayed with 2-stage base-coat clear-coat paint.
Restored original style Red vinyl interior
Restored original style black canvas convertible top
Originally optioned with the following:
“D” code 312 C.I.D. engine
Engine dress-up kit
3-speed manual transmission w/over-drive
HD front & rear shocks
The car was returned to the USA around 1984 for restoration work. It is understood that a shop in Ohio was the one who started the restoration (CASCO Thunderbird Specialists). The car had some rusty panels and some rust in the trunk. Any of the panels that were replaced were replaced with NOS Ford parts. It is unclear why CASCO did not complete the restoration but it is clear that the European owner lost interest in the project and sold this car to someone in the USA. The car ended up in the hands of Amos Minter sometime around 1986 and was sold then to a man in Albuquerque. The car was going to be transported to Los Angeles to be painted but new owner stopped in Albuquerque first to have a shop by the name of Horse Feathers Restorations do some final fit of body panel before it was to go to paint in California. The owner of Horse Feathers Restoration really liked and wanted this car. He ended up trading an unrestored original 1957 Thunderbird for the unfinished one and after the deal was struck and the car stayed in Albuquerque. The owner of Horse Feathers took the car’s body to bear metal and took the body off the frame. A complete professional full frame-off restoration performed to the highest standards was completed on this car sometime around 1991/92. The owner of Horse Feathers ended up selling the car to its current owner in 1996 where it has remained for almost 20 years now. The car has only about 1000 miles on it now since the restoration. The car has been regularly run and driven enough to keep it in top operation condition. The tires were replaced just less than 6 months ago.
The cars exterior Flame Red paint is still in outstanding condition. The quality of this car’s paint really shows when you look at it in person and it will last for many-many years to come. There is not a lot you can say about the exterior except WOW. The interior is just beautiful, being done in the original style red vinyl and in outstanding condition as well. The top is cloth and shows exceptionally well also. The carpets are great as are the door panels which fit perfectly. The trunk shows very well also. The chassis is as clean today as it was when the car was first restored; attention to detail was not forgotten on the under-side of this car. The car shows just as well today as it did when it was finished almost 25 years ago.
I will assist you in any way that I can with shipping, if you choose to ship this car. All shipping expenses will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
1. A$5000.00 deposit is required to purchase the vehicle. This deposit is due within5 business days of a purchase agreement. The deposit can be paid byCertified Bank Check or Electronic Bank Transfer. PayPal will not be accepted for any payment in access of $500.
2. Inspection is mandatory and must be done within 14 days of the deposit being sent. The remaining balance is due at inspection/acceptance. If inspection is not completed within 14 days, the deposit is non-refundable. Inspection can be done by the buyer personally or a third party inspector that the buyer hires.
3. Full payment is due within 14 4days of deposit being sent (payment of the balance due will not beaccepted through PayPal). You are not purchasing a new car that is claimed to be flawless. Instead, you are purchasing a vehicle that isvery slightly used and is expected to have minimal wear and tear from age. The vehicle is sold "as is", where is, without any warranty implied or expressed. All sales are final.4. If the vehicle was materially misrepresented, your deposit is refundable and you are not liable to complete the purchase; this must be determined within the allottedfourteen (14) day inspection period.You are required to put in writing via e-mail or fax, the material misrepresentations in order to receive a refund of your deposit.