1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
1940 FORD DE LUXE COUPE STREET ROD - PRICE REDUCED
This is an outstanding street rod that was professionally built in California with less than 500 miles since the build; it has vibrant metallic onyx blue paint with two-tone grey vinyl interior. This car was built to be driven with a balanced 302 Ford engine and a C4 transmission. The AC is cold, he heater is hot and the driving fun is ensured by Kenwood AM/FM with Kenwood Multiple-CD in the trunk and a remote control for the driver’s enjoyment.
- MILEAGE: less than 500; the picture shows 432 but I expect a few more miles on it before it sells.
- ENGINE: Ford balanced 302 with RV cam producing over 300HP
- This very nicely detailed and very reliable engine with a 600cfm Holly Double Pumper Carburetor, lectronic ignition and a manual fuel pump.
- Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil is used exclusively in this engine for maximum protection.
- Exhaust – Ceramic coated cast headers with 2 ¼ exhaust tubing and flow master mufflers.
- TRANSMISSION: Ford C4 with column shift and lighted shift indicator at bottom left side of dash.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: I-beam Axel with de-arched spring suspension and disk brakes. Manual steering with the original, nrestored, 40 Ford De Luxe steering wheel to provide a nostalgic anchor to the origin of this car.
- REAR SUSPENSION: Ford Ranger differential 3.73:1 gears, arallel leaf springs, rum brakes.
- BRAKES: Disk brakes on the front wheels, rum rear with manual emergency brake; power brake system with dual master cylinder is located under-floor.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: 12 volts wiring kit and fuse block; has working turn signals, nd emergency flashers. Battery is hidden in rear cargo area under the jump seat behind driver’s seat with emergency shut off under passenger’s seat. Electric windshield wipers.
- GAUGES: Stewart Warner retro styled “Wings” nostalgic domed lens gauges in instrument cluster; all gauges in excellent working order.
- WHEELS: Torque Thrust Chrome wheels (15 X 7 front, 5 X 8 rear)
- TIRES: BF Goodrich tires; P190/60R15 front and P255/70R15 rear
- BODY / PAINT: Extremely straight body, ll steel, he Blue Onyx paint is outstanding. All windows are tinted. The stainless trim is excellent and the chrome bumpers help accent the trim of the car. The stock firewall was smoothed.
- INTERIOR: Grey vinyl seats front and vinyl jump seat bottoms in the back, inyl door panels (two tone grey) and headliner is vinyl (grey). The entire passenger area including the doors is insulated and the carpet is grey
- RADIATOR: Full size Walker radiator with 12V pusher fan provides trouble free cruising.
- GAS TANK: Stock 1940 tank with mechanical fuel pump on engine.
- LICENSE PLATE: The seller would like to retain the 1940 license plates but is willing to include it in the sale for the right price on the car.
Car is for sale locally so I reserve the right to remove this listing at any time. I am selling this vehicle for a friend; the car is stored in Benicia, A should a potential buyer wish to see the car or have it professionally appraised. I will facilitate all activities including the final transactions. Shipping or pick-up will be in Benicia, A 94510
| Questions |
- Please take time to ask questions before the end of the auction, s all sales are final.·
- I will do my very best to answer all questions as accurately and honestly as possible with the understanding that I am not an expert and I do make mistakes.
- $2000 non-refundable deposit via PayPal is due within 48 hours of the end of the auction.
- Full payment must be received within 7 days of the end of the auction. I prefer payment via electronic transfer of funds to my bank but will always accept cash.
- If full payment is not received within 7 days of the end of the auction, reserve the right to keep the deposit, e-list the car and post a negative feedback.
Shipping, andling, nd Insurance
- The buyer can pick up the car at any time after full payment has cleared my bank.
- Any shipping and associated cost must be paid by the buyer.
- I will work with the buyer provided shipper to hand off the car to his/her custody for shipment after full payment is received.
- The car must be picked up within 7 days after making full payment.
| Warranty |
- The car is sold in as-is condition with no warranty, xpress or implied.
- Please read the entire description & view all photos before bidding.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any bidder with zero or negative feedback.
- Feedback is an important part of buying and selling on eBay. Please take a few moments to log into eBay after your shipment arrives to leave feedback.
- Once your feedback has been posted, will post feedback for you. Feedback is determined based on auction correspondence, rompt payment, etc.
Key Words: 1940, ord, eluxe, oupe, treet Rod, ot Rod, ustom Car